+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Some Lion Buyers Incorrectly Charged Multiple Times for Download

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by spazturtle Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was. That is apple for ya. They make most
...
  1. #21
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was.

    That is apple for ya. They make most of their money off students. Well that and hipsters lol.

    Dude you sig was old in 1997

  2. #22
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,111
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 94 Times in 66 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by sassvideo View Post
    3 Paypal charges for me so far. Only 1 refund
    Fixed.

  3. #23
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,002
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Drizahy View Post
    People need to stop paying there mortgage late
    Not everyone can get ahead on bills. Most families live from paycheck to paycheck.

    @stray I only use giftcards for multiple reasons but this is one of them.

  4. #24
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    40
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i got mine free cause i bought my macbook pro the day before lion released
    but for the rest of the people: shame on you apple, shame

  5. #25
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    60
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Guess Apple wanted more than the "Lions Share" LOL Sorry I had to.

  6. #26
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Default Mac lion free!
    im glad i downloaded mine for free!!!!!! Yea buddy!!!! xdxd

    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    wait you think people buy windows? Any way windows is free for students, i wish os x was.
    every software/os is free on the internet! Just "google" it.... Not "yahoo" it lol
    xd
    Last edited by bigdrdok; 07-27-2011 at 08:19 PM.

  7. #27
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,067
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    im glad i downloaded mine for free!!!!!! Yea buddy!!!! xdxd



    every software/os is free on the internet! Just "google" it.... Not "yahoo" it lol
    xd
    Nice job pirate..... oops did I say that..... yeah i just did
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

  8. #28
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    This s why I use gift cards
    I bought a new MacBook Pro which had the voucher for 65 ($100) and when I was told in the apple store all I had to do was click the download button for lion and it would be free but it took money off my voucherfor no reason and in my AppleCare plan I didn't get a web registration number!

  9. #29
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,002
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Apple didn't do voucher to download lion. You had to visit their website Apple - OS X Lion and Lion Server - Up to Date Program to register and get code.

  10. #30
    iPhoneaholic jasvncnt10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    NEW JERSEY
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    487
    Thanked 91 Times in 75 Posts

    Your holding your mouse wrong

  11. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    812
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 147 Times in 90 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Has it even been established that this is PayPal's fault? I use it all the time and I haven't been charged more than once, let alone 100+ times for anything.
    It hasn't been squarely laid on PayPal, but PayPal requires that your default account when signing up be a banking account. You have to choose to change it later and it was very very hard to get your primary funds account to be something other than checking/savings. Had this been charged to a credit card, or something similar, it would have been fixed within hours. Now the guy has had 122 charges to his checking account draining all of its funds and no real quick way to fix it. PayPal is extremely customer hostile and about as crooked as an online company can be. I hate PayPal with a passion, this should be a lesson to never use that ****** company to buy things online. Get charged more than once and the funds are gone until they or the other company decide to get off their asses and figure out what happened. So far there have been no reports that people are being charged multiple times and not getting instant refunds when using other payment methods. Don't use PayPal, it will bite you in the *** later.

    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was.
    To the tune of about 400 million copies sold? Yeah, people buy windows. Go troll elsewhere.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-28-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    HK-Z on Game Center

  12. #32
    Livin the i raduga's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,631
    Thanks
    228
    Thanked 94 Times in 85 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It hasn't been squarely laid on PayPal, but PayPal requires that your default account when signing up be a banking account. You have to choose to change it later and it was very very hard to get your primary funds account to be something other than checking/savings. Had this been charged to a credit card, or something similar, it would have been fixed within hours. Now the guy has had 122 charges to his checking account draining all of its funds and no real quick way to fix it. PayPal is extremely customer hostile and about as crooked as an online company can be. I hate PayPal with a passion, this should be a lesson to never use that ****** company to buy things online. Get charged more than once and the funds are gone until they or the other company decide to get off their asses and figure out what happened. So far there have been no reports that people are being charged multiple times and not getting instant refunds when using other payment methods. Don't use PayPal, it will bite you in the *** later.
    for what it's worth,
    I've always found it difficult to trust anyone who insists they are my "pal".

  13. #33
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Apple didn't do voucher to download lion. You had to visit their website Apple - OS X Lion and Lion Server - Up to Date Program to register and get code.
    But i was told by an apple employee that the system knows that i recently purchased the mac and that i just go in the mac app store and download. And by voucher i meant credit given since i got a student discount. (You get 65/$100 if you get a student discount with a new mac)
    Last edited by hamza102; 07-28-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

  14. #34
    iPhoneaholic spazturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    321
    Thanks
    115
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    To the tune of about 400 million copies sold? Yeah, people buy windows. Go troll elsewhere.
    I know people who work at Microsoft and according to their servers there are lot more people using windows than people who have bought it, the stats are for every one person who buys windows 1.1 people pirate it.

  15. #35
    Super Moderator Cer0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    MN/WI
    Posts
    14,002
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza102 View Post
    But i was told by an apple employee that the system knows that i recently purchased the mac and that i just go in the mac app store and download. And by voucher i meant credit given since i got a student discount. (You get 65/$100 if you get a student discount with a new mac)
    Could probably try and go back to Apple and complain that an employee told you the wrong info. But they probably would want more solid proof. But worth a try; at the least it will get the manager to talk to the misinformed employee.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts