+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Lion Buyers Incorrectly Charged Multiple Times for Download

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by spazturtle Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was. That is apple for ya. They make most
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was.

That is apple for ya. They make most of their money off students. Well that and hipsters lol.

Dude you sig was old in 1997

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sassvideo View Post
    3 Paypal charges for me so far. Only 1 refund
    Fixed.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Drizahy View Post
    People need to stop paying there mortgage late
    Not everyone can get ahead on bills. Most families live from paycheck to paycheck.

@stray I only use giftcards for multiple reasons but this is one of them.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i got mine free cause i bought my macbook pro the day before lion released
    but for the rest of the people: shame on you apple, shame

Green Apple
    Thanks

Guess Apple wanted more than the "Lions Share" LOL Sorry I had to.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Mac lion free!
    im glad i downloaded mine for free!!!!!! Yea buddy!!!! xdxd

wait you think people buy windows? Any way windows is free for students, i wish os x was.
    every software/os is free on the internet! Just "google" it.... Not "yahoo" it lol
    xd
    Last edited by bigdrdok; 07-27-2011 at 08:19 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bigdrdok View Post
    im glad i downloaded mine for free!!!!!! Yea buddy!!!! xdxd

every software/os is free on the internet! Just "google" it.... Not "yahoo" it lol
    xd
    Nice job pirate..... oops did I say that..... yeah i just did
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    This s why I use gift cards
    I bought a new MacBook Pro which had the voucher for 65 ($100) and when I was told in the apple store all I had to do was click the download button for lion and it would be free but it took money off my voucherfor no reason and in my AppleCare plan I didn't get a web registration number!

Thanks

Apple didn't do voucher to download lion. You had to visit their website Apple - OS X Lion and Lion Server - Up to Date Program to register and get code.

Thanks

Your holding your mouse wrong

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Has it even been established that this is PayPal's fault? I use it all the time and I haven't been charged more than once, let alone 100+ times for anything.
    It hasn't been squarely laid on PayPal, but PayPal requires that your default account when signing up be a banking account. You have to choose to change it later and it was very very hard to get your primary funds account to be something other than checking/savings. Had this been charged to a credit card, or something similar, it would have been fixed within hours. Now the guy has had 122 charges to his checking account draining all of its funds and no real quick way to fix it. PayPal is extremely customer hostile and about as crooked as an online company can be. I hate PayPal with a passion, this should be a lesson to never use that ****** company to buy things online. Get charged more than once and the funds are gone until they or the other company decide to get off their asses and figure out what happened. So far there have been no reports that people are being charged multiple times and not getting instant refunds when using other payment methods. Don't use PayPal, it will bite you in the *** later.

Wait you think people buy Windows? Any way Windows is free for students, I wish OS x was.
    To the tune of about 400 million copies sold? Yeah, people buy windows. Go troll elsewhere.
    Last edited by KartRacer; 07-28-2011 at 05:54 AM.
    HK-Z on Game Center

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    It hasn't been squarely laid on PayPal, but PayPal requires that your default account when signing up be a banking account. You have to choose to change it later and it was very very hard to get your primary funds account to be something other than checking/savings. Had this been charged to a credit card, or something similar, it would have been fixed within hours. Now the guy has had 122 charges to his checking account draining all of its funds and no real quick way to fix it. PayPal is extremely customer hostile and about as crooked as an online company can be. I hate PayPal with a passion, this should be a lesson to never use that ****** company to buy things online. Get charged more than once and the funds are gone until they or the other company decide to get off their asses and figure out what happened. So far there have been no reports that people are being charged multiple times and not getting instant refunds when using other payment methods. Don't use PayPal, it will bite you in the *** later.
    for what it's worth,
    I've always found it difficult to trust anyone who insists they are my "pal".

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Apple didn't do voucher to download lion. You had to visit their website Apple - OS X Lion and Lion Server - Up to Date Program to register and get code.
    But i was told by an apple employee that the system knows that i recently purchased the mac and that i just go in the mac app store and download. And by voucher i meant credit given since i got a student discount. (You get 65/$100 if you get a student discount with a new mac)
    Last edited by hamza102; 07-28-2011 at 08:14 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    To the tune of about 400 million copies sold? Yeah, people buy windows. Go troll elsewhere.
    I know people who work at Microsoft and according to their servers there are lot more people using windows than people who have bought it, the stats are for every one person who buys windows 1.1 people pirate it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hamza102 View Post
    But i was told by an apple employee that the system knows that i recently purchased the mac and that i just go in the mac app store and download. And by voucher i meant credit given since i got a student discount. (You get 65/$100 if you get a student discount with a new mac)
    Could probably try and go back to Apple and complain that an employee told you the wrong info. But they probably would want more solid proof. But worth a try; at the least it will get the manager to talk to the misinformed employee.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12