+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Excites with 64-Bit iTunes and Full-Screen Support

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud Now if thy would only get 64bit support for Windows XP. I can't believe them idiots never made a version for that. That's the computer that
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GrandMstrBud View Post
    Now if thy would only get 64bit support for Windows XP. I can't believe them idiots never made a version for that. That's the computer that I have all my free hard drive space on and can't use the home sharing from my apple TV.
    So you want them to add support for an OS thats basically unused? I'd be curious as to which version of 64 bit XP you have. If you have the version made for HP then you're using a discontinued OS That many many programs won't run on and if you're using the regular version once again you're using a soon to be discontinued OS seeing as they stopped releasing service packs for it years ago.

am I the only one running Windows XP 64bit? It just doesn't make sense Apple
    Yes, you pretty much are. I hope you're running a good firewall too since as I mentioned your computer is woefully out of date and contains atleast 3 easy exploits and thats just off the top of my head. Want to know another fun fact? You also can't run the Zune software on your machine, you know the software made by the same company that made the OS you're using...So even Microsoft isn't willing to support the OS in their programs, yet you expect Apple to?

The only idiot is the one who hasn't upgraded their OS yet.
    Last edited by qumahlin; 07-20-2011 at 07:03 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me GrandMstrBud's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    So you want them to add support for an OS thats basically unused? I'd be curious as to which version of 64 bit XP you have. If you have the version made for HP then you're using a discontinued OS That many many programs won't run on and if you're using the regular version once again you're using a soon to be discontinued OS seeing as they stopped releasing service packs for it years ago.

Yes, you pretty much are. I hope you're running a good firewall too since as I mentioned your computer is woefully out of date and contains atleast 3 easy exploits and thats just off the top of my head.

The only idiot is the one who hasn't upgraded their OS yet.
    That's right hardly no one runs XP anymore and Microsoft is going to stop releasing updates for it any day now. Oh I'm running the XP Pro Corporate version also. But regardless XP is a popular OS and there are people out there that are using the 64bit version. As far as upgrading, I won't waste the time or money to upgrade to 7 because it's not worth it in my opinion. But then again I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks 7 is junk. But it is nice to know I'm the only one in the world running XP x64.

Green Apple
    Thanks

That's right hardly no one runs XP anymore and Microsoft is going to stop releasing updates for it any day now. Oh I'm running the XP Pro Corporate version also. But regardless XP is a popular OS and there are people out there that are using the 64bit version. As far as upgrading, I won't waste the time or money to upgrade to 7 because it's not worth it in my opinion. But then again I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks 7 is junk. But it is nice to know I'm the only one in the world running XP x64.
    Um no, i'm not talking about XP, i'm talking about XP 64 bit, which is already discontinued by MS, or haven't you noticed you haven't gotten a service pack update since 2009? Also while Windows 7 isn't the best thing in the world, its leaps and bounds ahead of what you're using now.

This will be my last post on this, bottom line is your complaint is ridiculous. You're running an outdated OS. Expecting support for it and getting angry there is none is ludicrous.
    Last edited by qumahlin; 07-20-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Why else would I be running the 64bit version of XP your moron. Don't come on here and tell me to STFU, do you think were all morons here or something?

No you can't, and I really shouldn't have to virtualize just because Apple is bright enough to make a version for XP x64.

Seriously if this was my only machine how would I even be able to activate an iPad, iPhone, or iPod? Or am I the only one running Windows XP 64bit? It just doesn't make sense Apple
    Windows XP 64-bit was never a mainstream release and much before it's time.. Any 32bit application will run on a 64bit OS so just download the 32b iTunes and it won't make a world of difference for you. And if your computer is really powerful enough that it should be running 64bit then upgrade to Windows 7 and leave behind that nearly 10yr old OS please!

Thanks
    Haha so many people arguing ^.^....maybe Apple just created the 64 bit version for the hell of it? Or maybe...they got bored? Who cares.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have found that iTunes for Windows 7 64 bit crashes ALL the time. If any one has some suggestions (other than reinstalling as I have tried that many times) it would be appreciated.
    I never had a problem with my XP laptop but my PC win7 64 iTunes SUCKS.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Now if thy would only get 64bit support for Windows XP. I can't believe them idiots never made a version for that. That's the computer that I have all my free hard drive space on and can't use the home sharing from my apple TV.
    Hmm, why would anyone write a new app for 64bit XP? They'd be idiots to waste their time.

64bit Windows 7 is a different story.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by qumahlin View Post
    Um no, i'm not talking about XP, i'm talking about XP 64 bit, which is already discontinued by MS, or haven't you noticed you haven't gotten a service pack update since 2009? Also while Windows 7 isn't the best thing in the world, its leaps and bounds ahead of what you're using now.

This will be my last post on this, bottom line is your complaint is ridiculous. You're running an outdated OS. Expecting support for it and getting angry there is none is ludicrous.
    Stop with the arguing. It isn't helping the situation at all. As you have saw before he said it isn't his only computer. Not only that people are free to express there thoughts as this is a community forum. Leave the insults to the playground as it shouldn't be used here. The only ridiculous thing is that your getting angry over a stupid thing. Now I call that ludicrous.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

Thanks

Okay the 32 bit version does not install on Windows XP 64bit. My whole point is apple was stupid never to put out a version for XP X64. Why would I upgrade when my computer runs perfectly fine on XP X64? I cannot think of a good reason to upgrade (downgrade) to Windows 7 because 7 sucks. It doesn't matter because my laptop has XP 32bit and I can run iTunes on there but it's still stupid for Apple not to have released a version for XP 64bit. So call me ludicrous for not upgrading to a POS OS I really don't care. Okay now lets all go back to the main topic because no one here seems to understand my point since I'm the only one in the world running Windows XP 64bit. So Apple, what are you going to tell someone that just bought a $829 iPad and can't activate it since you can't install iTunes?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Okay the 32 bit version does not install on Windows XP 64bit. My whole point is apple was stupid never to put out a version for XP X64. Why would I upgrade when my computer runs perfectly fine on XP X64? I cannot think of a good reason to upgrade (downgrade) to Windows 7 because 7 sucks. It doesn't matter because my laptop has XP 32bit and I can run iTunes on there but it's still stupid for Apple not to have released a version for XP 64bit. So call me ludicrous for not upgrading to a POS OS I really don't care. Okay now lets all go back to the main topic because no one here seems to understand my point since I'm the only one in the world running Windows XP 64bit. So Apple, what are you going to tell someone that just bought a $829 iPad and can't activate it since you can't install iTunes?
    They will tell you; you are an idiot for not checking the requirements that are clearly stated on the product packaging before dropping $829 on an iPad.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    They will tell you; you are an idiot for not checking the requirements that are clearly stated on the product packaging before dropping $829 on an iPad.
    Sorry junior, it does not state on the box that you can not have a system running windows XP 64bit. And also do you really think Apple is going to call a customer an idiot?

Windows System Requirements

PC with USB 2.0 port
    Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    iTunes 10.2 or later recommended
    (free download from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access

So junior, where does it say it requires XP 32 bit only?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sorry junior, it does not state on the box that you can not have a system running windows XP 64bit. And also do you really think Apple is going to call a customer an idiot?

Windows System Requirements

PC with USB 2.0 port
    Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    iTunes 10.2 or later recommended
    (free download from Apple - iTunes - Download iTunes Now)
    iTunes Store account
    Internet access

So junior, where does it say it requires XP 32 bit only?
    Sorry son, but obviously Apple won't call a customer an idiot even though that is what they are thinking and it is obviously the case.
    So son, if you didn't notice where it says (let me bold it for you):
    Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 3 or later
    So while it does not clearly state that it requires a 32 bit OS, it also clearly states you needs Windows XP running SP3 or later which, XP 64 is clearly not.
    Why not also cry that Apple didn't come out with iTunes for Microsoft DOS?

Thanks

So where does it state that Windows XP X64 is not supported? And no daddy I'm not crying because I have 2 other computers that are XP 32 bit. So in those system requirements where does it say that Windows Vista X64 and Windows 7 X64 is supported? And no I'm not crying I'm simply arguing my point that Apple is stupid for not making iTunes compatible with XP X64 even though I'm the only one in the world that's running Windows XP X64. So what now Dad?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Seriously? Are you just dense or something?
    SP3! It clearly states you need service pack 3. Microsoft never released SP3 for XP 64bit. It doesn't state 64 bit for Vista or Windows 7 because obviously regardless of what version of Vista or 7 you are running, iTunes is supported on those OS's.
    Is it really that hard to comprehend? Seriously?
    And no it's not stupid for them. It would be stupid for them to program and allocate resources to iTunes for Microsoft DOS or any other obsolete OS that clearly is not supported by even Microsoft. While you may not be the only one using XP 64 you are definitely in the minority.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Zero View Post
    Seriously? Are you just dense or something?
    SP3! It clearly states you need service pack 3. Microsoft never released SP3 for XP 64bit. It doesn't state 64 bit for Vista or Windows 7 because obviously regardless of what version of Vista or 7 you are running, iTunes is supported on those OS's.
    Is it really that hard to comprehend? Seriously?
    And no it's not stupid for them. It would be stupid for them to program and allocate resources to iTunes for Microsoft DOS or any other obsolete OS that clearly is not supported by even Microsoft. While you may not be the only one using XP 64 you are definitely in the minority.
    It's really not even worth the time arguing over this. So according to you I should upgrade/downgrade from XP x64 to XP 32bit just so I can use iTunes? Oh I just see the benefits of doing that, I can go from 8GB of RAM to 3.5 GB of RAM with the 32bit version of XP just to use iTunes. Yes I guess that's worth it right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Would you buy a dsl modem if no company in your area supplies dsl? Would it be the cable company's fault for supplying cable instead of dsl so you can use the dsl modem?
    They don't support XP 64 bit. It's as simple as that. If you don't like it, don't buy Apple products. If you insist on buying an Apple product, you will need to meet it's requirements to use it. The world does not revolve around you. The majority of users out there use XP 32 bit, Vista, or 7. It's that simple.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Geez all this fighting! Everyone relax!! Everyone raging over a 64-bit version of iTunes, and it's compatibility and or superiority with opposing OS's! Relax!

iTunes is a apple product, yet they (apple) are responsible for making it work correctly on any system / OS they deem viable....such as Windows, which they are doing, and continue to do. Apple continues to update iTunes for windows for one reason...most iTunes users are windows users.

Obviously, with iOS devices, apple is converting users faster than a Casey Anthony jury comes to a verdict. So who knows how much longer windows users will receive support / updates from apple. My guess is not that long. The cloud is the first step...PC free iDevices, eliminating the middle man (PC) from iOS life. It's genius!

My advice for those that have Windows XP 64-bit and want to enjoy iTunes on windows in 64bit .... Why don't u try and google "Windows 7 64-bit torrent"!!
    El Zurdo

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    also worth noting that the entire ilife has gotten an update enabling fullscreen, as has iwork.

Are you running windows xp 64bit? Do you have more than 4gb of ram?
    If you answer no to any other those questions, then stfu.

What do you hope to achieve by having a fully 64bit itunes? Your music to sound better?
    i want less lag and more areo!

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pulseyork View Post
    Jesus, and people wonder why Mac users pity Windows enthusiasts.
    Exactly! After all it's not like Windows has full screen support. Wait I mean, hmm, oh it has forever.

But at least I can go to the store and see the vastly larger selection of Mac software... er sorry, wrong again, I mean Windows software.

But at least Mac's can run Windows - which strangely enough seems to be the primary thing Mac users buy it for....well that and mice with more than one button...

As for the XP 64-bit argument....

I'm a die hard Windows users and I have to say to you all... are you serious? XP 64 has never been a viable consumer or frankly anybody platform. If you are running XP 64bit and haven't moved to Windows 7 64bit you deserve not having better software.
    Last edited by santiagodraco; 07-21-2011 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks

I have XP on all of my computers and will avoid Windows 7 as much as I can. I simply don't like it and think it's junk plain and simple but that's just me. I do have 2 computers that have 8GB of RAM and in order to utilize it I need a 64bit version of XP. Luckily the other computers are the 32bit version so I can at least update software on my iPad and put my multimedia on it. Bottom line is I should not have to upgrade/downgrade to Windows 7 just to accommodate Apple or to use their products. I have not had any issues at all with XP x64 so if it's not broke then don't fix it.