+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Calls Report of Apple CEO Succession Plan 'Hogwash'

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Try as they might, not even the news titans at the Wall Street Journal could steal Apple's thunder today. Shortly before Apple obliterated "the street" by posting record Q3 earnings
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Calls Report of Apple CEO Succession Plan 'Hogwash'

Try as they might, not even the news titans at the Wall Street Journal could steal Apple's thunder today. Shortly before Apple obliterated "the street" by posting record Q3 earnings and revenue, the WSJ reported the following with regard to the future leadership of the Cupertino, California-based company:

Some members of Apple Inc.'s board have discussed CEO succession with executive recruiters and at least one head of a high-profile technology company, according to people familiar with the matter.
    The article implies but does not explicitly cite Steve Jobs' ongoing health problems as the most recent impetus for concern that a new CEO succession plan should be installed. While it seems to me that perhaps someone at the WSJ doesn't like Steve Jobs and endeavored to undercut his mojo on a day of record sales and earnings success, Jobs isn't taking the report lightly. In fact, he responded to the WSJ's inquiry saying that talk of heightened concern about a succession plan is "hogwash."

Currently, Steve Jobs, at age 56, is on his second medical leave of absence from Apple within the last two years. Still, whenever Apple has a new product to introduce or major announcement to make, it's usually Steve Jobs who takes the stage and relishes the opportunity to let his company shine - occasions that tend to reduce talk of CEO succession plans for a while.

Looks like we're due for another.

Source: WSJ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Without a doubt the board have been making enquiries and having "unofficial" meetings about Jobs' replacement. I wouldn't be surprised if they've been discussing such matters for years now, ever since Jobs was diagnosed with cancer.

The difficult part will happen when Jobs plan for successor conflicts with the boards plan.

If Jobs thinks that the board aren't discussing such matters and that the notion of such discussions is "hogwash" then he's a very very naive (and stupid in this regard) man.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

His health is failing & it's sad, but there is a company to run. The day will come when Jobs will no longer be able to fulfill his duties. I'm sure board members have discussed his replacement.
    I just hope Apple's success, continues after Jobs is no longer there.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    It's sad to see and hear about this. I think Jobs has taken Apple Inc. To new heights and if he were to be replaced, well how's to say apple may continue to grow. Or just fall under the radar.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sucram6791's Avatar
    Thanks

people still say hogwash?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    people still say hogwash?
    Steves do.
    prediction: the next CEO of Apple probably won't look much different from the old one

imo, the board needs to move on this quick if they want to have any say in the "succession" because cyber-steve is going to be even more of a pain in the butt and far less tolerant of human foibles.

The flesh-and-blood Steve Jobs may be dying, but if his plans for the Cupertino "mothership" complex are finished on time, it may not make any difference. As tight as they are with leaks, there's a good chance we may never know for sure.