+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wednesday Likely The Day for Lion, New MacBook Airs to Drop

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
On Friday, MMi reported that Apple had not only begun notifying developers and asking them to start submitting their Lion apps for approval, but by the weekend, many of those
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Wednesday Likely The Day for Lion, New MacBook Airs to Drop

On Friday, MMi reported that Apple had not only begun notifying developers and asking them to start submitting their Lion apps for approval, but by the weekend, many of those apps had begun appearing in the Mac App store. Clearly, the arrival of Lion is looming. And it may take place within the next 48 hours.

Sources - unnamed of course - close to Apple are being widely quoted around the tech news world toda, largely confirming reports that Wednesday - at 8:30 am EST to be exact - will bring the release of both Mac OS X 10.7 Lion as well as the buzz-worthy Thunderbolt-equipped MacBook Airs.

Early last week, word initially surfaced that the Lion release and MacBook Air refresh would drop any time now. By the weekend, almost universal consensus had been reached by "sources" and analysts alike. Indeed, it now looks all but written in stone that this week will bring with it the new hotly anticipated offerings from Apple.

As yours truly noted in a report on July 12th, backlit keyboards will join the string of hardware enhancements planned for the new 11.6- and 13.3-inch MacBook Air models that are inching ever closer to launch.

Source: International Business Times

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

About time I have been patiently waiting for Lion and now its almost here!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    About time I have been patiently waiting for Lion and now its almost here!!
    Same Here, The Day is almost here

Theme Creator
    Thanks

Just show me the new Macbook Air so I can buy it already!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Finally, ive been dying from my free lion upgrade

Thanks

Yeah Same here. I've been Buying iTune cards like crazy..lol NOW..I can actually Use them to GET LION.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Hopefully the clean install workaround will work on the final Mac App Store release.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Hopefully the clean install workaround will work on the final Mac App Store release.
    Workaround? It's a dmg that was given in the beta. Burn to a cd, and boom, clean install. I didn't know it was a workaround.. I think they will give us the dmg either directly or indirectly in the resources folder of the app contents. Seems logical to do.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chstriker11 View Post
    Workaround? It's a dmg that was given in the beta. Burn to a cd, and boom, clean install. I didn't know it was a workaround.. I think they will give us the dmg either directly or indirectly in the resources folder of the app contents. Seems logical to do.
    The fact you will have to find to find where the App Store downloads the PKG (if it doesn't default to the Applications folder), right click -> Show Contents, find InstallESD.dmg, burn that, is the reason I would call it a workaround.

You cannot burn a clean install disc from the get go, so it is a workaround....however small.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, I would like to have Lion now please. But at least this wait has taught me a lesson about release times. So hopefully I can keep from getting my hopes up next time lol.

iPhone? More like MyPhone tjlamro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Here's what I don't understand and maybe I am missing something and someone can help me out. Why would they wait to announce the release so long? I mean doesn't apple want to build up some hype a little before the release day so people can plan their day around heading into the store and buying a new Macbook Air? It's Tuesday and we still haven't heard anything official. I don't understand the wait. I figured Apple would announce it a week or two before the release to build up the talk around the Macbook Air and get people ready to buy. Maybe I'm crazy and I really don't know much about Apple and releases it just doesn't make sense to me that a day before they are supposedly releasing we still haven't heard anything official.

My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Thanks

Can not wait to see the new airs, hope they having everything thats been rumored