+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: ITC Rules in Favor of Apple in HTC Patent Case

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 No, but I hate people who have a blind allegiance to everything a company does. You do realize that Apple will never ever reward you for
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    No, but I hate people who have a blind allegiance to everything a company does. You do realize that Apple will never ever reward you for your "loyalty"
    I wonder what would happen if someone walked into an Apple Store with receipts for an original iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPad 2, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPod Touch, iPod nano, Apple Care on everything, and a partridge in a pear tree, and asked for a discount on an iPad 3 or an iPhone 5. Maybe they'll get one....but maybe the "blue-shirts" will just laugh in their face. Sometimes I wonder if the word "discount" is forbidden in their strict training guidelines.

But anyhow....it's gonna be a sad day in the cell phone industry if HTC is banned from the U.S. over some crap like this.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    I wonder what would happen if someone walked into an Apple Store with receipts for an original iPhone, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPad, iPad 2, MacBook Pro, iMac, iPod Touch, iPod nano, Apple Care on everything, and a partridge in a pear tree, and asked for a discount on an iPad 3 or an iPhone 5. Maybe they'll get one....but maybe the "blue-shirts" will just laugh in their face. Sometimes I wonder if the word "discount" is forbidden in their strict training guidelines.

But anyhow....it's gonna be a sad day in the cell phone industry if HTC is banned from the U.S. over some crap like this.
    Nope, I Think it's gonna be a great day when HTC is banned from the US, maybe it will teach them not to mess with Apple and infringe on Apple's Patents

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    Nope, I Think it's gonna be a great day when HTC is banned from the US, maybe it will teach them not to mess with Apple and infringe on Apple's Patents
    But it's ok for Apple to continue infringing on countless patents as they have for the last few decades.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Like Apple did with Nokia when Nokia ALONE filed 46 complaints against them in one year?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    it will teach them not to mess with Apple and infringe on Apple's Patents
    you did read what the patents "infringed on" are right? yes, it does apply to all electronics these days, and guess what, it was around since before apple. hell it was probably stuff N.A.S.A used in 69. and its "their" patent.

they can use that to ban every thing electronic that isn't ******* apple if they win, then guess what? the idevices as you know them will stay the same due to lack of reason to "innovate" because there would be no competition to compete with.

fanboys like you are probably the most idiotic beings walking the earth.

turns out N.A.S.A un spaced is censored.
    Last edited by BlackRaider; 07-16-2011 at 08:01 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Good on you RICO, too many one eyed apple fan boys think that apple products are the be all end all of technology. Makes me sick. I have had a number of apple products and was just fed up with it all, all the limitations, you can't do this, you can't do that. I switched over to a HTC incredible S, and I won't look back. Yes apple makes some great products like my iPad 2, that Im on now, but the ignorance of people is funny.

In apples newest iOS who do you think they are copying with all their latest additions? All the hard work of the android and iOS Jailbreaking community, they think they have the right to just take that? That's wrong.

I love this website, and the people who contribute to the iOS jailbreak community, but one eyed apple fan boys are ***. get out of your little box and see what the world is like out there.

Thanks

Hey everybody--

This is a thread about an ongoing ITC patent dispute between Apple, Inc., of Cupertino, California; and HTC Corporation of Taipei, Taiwan. This thread is not about calling each other fanboys, or insulting other users over their posts' content/technology company preferences.

We all clear on this? Good.

OT: Another day, another lawsuit or ITC complaint in the tech world. If I remember correctly, this brings the tally to thirty-seven Apple patents claimed infringed to HTC's five claimed infringements (and that's Apple v. HTC alone).
    Last edited by Orby; 07-16-2011 at 11:47 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRaider View Post
    any phone not running ios? dude apple doesn't give any of their OS's to aything other the apple hardware.

besides, if they do eliminate the competition by hiding behind some lawyers crying like babys, there wouldn't be any reason to make better products.
    "Dude", I've owned every iPhone released. I realize the Apple doesn't license iOS to anyone else. My point was that every phone that's not an iPhone is a threat to Apple. I thought you could read between the lines.

And what do you mean by "hiding behind lawyers"? Would you rather they duke it out behind the gym after school? You realize that's how businesses work right? Now, I'm not saying that Apple's in the right here. I have no clue. I'm no patent attorney, and I doubt neither you nor anyone else in this forum is either. Do you think HTC would hesitate to sue Apple or anyone else if they felt their patents had been violated? Hell no. Anyone in here complaining about Apples actions are simply rooting for the underdog. Apple's doing what any other company would do. That being said, as much as I love Apple products (and know that I'll be accused of being a fanboy), I hope they lose these lawsuits as anything that impedes competition results in a loss for all of us as competition always breeds better products.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Hey everybody--

This is a thread about an ongoing ITC patent dispute between Apple, Inc., of Cupertino, California; and HTC Corporation of Taipei, Taiwan. This thread is not about calling each other fanboys, or insulting other users over their posts' content/technology company preferences.

We all clear on this? Good.

OT: Another day, another lawsuit or ITC complaint in the tech world. If I remember correctly, this brings the tally to thirty-seven Apple patents claimed infringed to HTC's five claimed infringements (and that's Apple v. HTC alone).
    Can I hate the US Congress for refusing to fund the USPTO at the levels it needs to do its job?

Edit:
    Oh. AWESOME.
    looks like its finally happening.

please please please please please!
    Patent reform bill passes House vote, nears completion - Jun. 24, 2011

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    Can I hate the US Congress for refusing to fund the USPTO at the levels it needs to do its job?

Edit:
    Oh. AWESOME.
    looks like its finally happening.

please please please please please!
    Patent reform bill passes House vote, nears completion - Jun. 24, 2011
    I see nothing wrong with grumbling at the USPTO for granting insanely broadly patents (hopefully out of their own ignorance).

A lot of patent "trolling" seems to be companies with insanely broad patents over a particular field trying to beat their competitors over the head with it--but only when said "troll" company comes on financial hard times or has an axe to grind. With HTC, Apple, Samsung, etc. it seems to be the latter.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, for those that take great issue in this, you COULD just not buy Apple products. There are so many people that claim they don't stand for what Apple does, yet continue supporting them year after year by purchasing their products. It simply baffles my mind these people are whining about what Apple does or doesn't do and then stand in like for 24 hours to get their shiny new Apple toy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sammo123's Avatar
    Thanks

If you get caught infringing on a patent thats the companies own damn problem. This is business and rulings are rulings whether you like them or not. This is a game to be number one and stay their. Apple is just using their brute force (money) to do this which if i recall i money is speech therefore Apple has a lot of speech when it comes to almost anything. For anyone who had mentioned they like HTC, then all hope is lost for you. I have had three HTC phones since the iphone not by choice and let me tell you i would take the iphone istead of those hunks of **** any day. The only HTC phone that has been decent for me is the Epic and even then it does not compare to the iphone in anyway shape or form. Jailbreaing>rooting. Apple>HTC. Overall Apple is the better company using strategy if their business plan. If that means picking on the weak elementary school kid to further advances its reigns then more power to them.
    RIP Steve Jobs.. You changed the world

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12