Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Report Indicates Higher Specs for All New MacBook Air Models

Default New Report Indicates Higher Specs for All New MacBook Air Models

New reports indicate that new MacBook Air models will ship next week and that they will include either 128GB or 256GB SSDís. It would appear that Apple is doing away with the meager 64GB MacBook Air in favor larger capacity drives. This is good news, as it is notoriously difficult to upgrade SSDís on current MacBook Air models.

Apple is expected to release the new MacBook Airís sometime next week, either Thursday or Friday at the latest by some accounts. The new models are also expected to include faster Sandy Bridge processors, support for latest high-speed Thunderbolt port, and see the return of the backlit keyboard.

These new models are also expected to ship with 4GB of RAM instead of the current 2GB that ships with most models. Apple does offer 4GB of RAM as a build to order option, but Apple tends to charge a premium for RAM upgrades.

Mac OS X Lion is expected to ship along side new hardware offerings next week. Apple has a history of releasing new Macs and OS updates at the same time so they can showcase their latest and greatest operating system on new machines. If the rumors turn out to be true, then next week will be an exciting week in the world of Apple.

Source: AppleInsider

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

And with higher specs comes............higher prices possibly?

Thanks
    Thanked 15,534 Times in 7,104 Posts

Interesting....not sure it is enough to give up my macbook pro with SSD in it though.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Not sure that it is worth over a thousand dollars for a low-end laptop that is really light and thin....

More gig/?? LOL what about processer ??same ****

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dizvietkid View Post
    More gig/?? LOL what about processer ??same ****
    Did you miss the part where they said faster sb processor

And I would like to throw out there that it is bad idea to solder the ssd to the board. What your ssd failed? Buy a new computer

I will not be upgrading
    Last edited by psilocybin; 07-14-2011 at 10:39 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Got a 2006 MacBook that still runs better than most laptops in the market (even that of today) and a 2010 MBP, think I'm really happy and will still be years to come. Maybe I'll pick up this upgrade 5 years down the road

After all, that's the beauty of MacBooks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone s4mb4's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by psilocybin View Post
    And I would like to throw out there that it is bad idea to solder the ssd to the board. What your ssd failed? Buy a new computer
    It's called "Apple Care"

Thanks

All i care bout is LION. If it's coming out NEXT thursday or Friday, Then i'm going to buy a $25 itunes card..lol just incase.

Honestly, I used to hate macbooks...because they were so overpriced. (and they still are).
    Seems like apple is the only company that makes dependable products over and over again though.
    Seriously, They better not ditch the normal macbook for this thing. (saw a rumor about that or something).