+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Antitrust Regulators Investigating Apple Led Nortel Patent Purchase

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
According to the Washington Post antitrust regulators are investigating the Apple led consortium who outbid Google for the swath of Nortel patents is somehow. The point of the investigation according
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Antitrust Regulators Investigating Apple Led Nortel Patent Purchase

According to the Washington Post antitrust regulators are investigating the Apple led consortium who outbid Google for the swath of Nortel patents is somehow.

The point of the investigation according to WP's sources is to see if the acquisition of patens by Google's direct competitors in the mobile space could lead to the death of Android. In the past week a number of stories have speculated the cost of producing an Android phone could include as much as $20 in patent licensing fees per handset.

Federal antitrust enforcers are scrutinizing whether Google, often accused of abusing its Web search power, is facing an unfair coalition of companies that could block its popular Android mobile phone software, according to a source close to the matter. - Washington Post
    Google's lack of a patent portfolio has left the company without many defenses in what has become an increasingly volatile legal atmosphere amongst tech giants, especially in the mobile realm. It's almost as if these companies have entered into some weird mobile technology Cold War, but instead of nuclear missels, a stockpile of patents is the weaponry.

Apple and Google are becoming clear leaders in mobile handsets, and Apple has done a decent job defending its intellectual property. It'd be rather disappointing if any of the players in the burgeoning world of smartphones and tablets died because of legal disputes instead of producing crap products. Innovation and customer satisfaction should secure a companies place in their respective market, not a gang-load of patents and lawyers.

Source: The Washington Post
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 07-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Time to pull out the checkbook again eh Apple?

Thanks

Can someone put the following sentence into understandable form?

According to the Washington Post antitrust regulators are investigating the Apple led consortium who outbid Google for the swath of Nortel patents is somehow.

Oh I love this word "missels".

Do you writers not understand what spell check is, or how to proof read?
    Last edited by exNavy; 07-11-2011 at 12:28 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Spell check!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

......is somehow what?

Grammar check the use are you is?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post

According to the Washington Post, antitrust regulators are investigating that the Apple led consortium who outbid Google for the swath of Nortel patents is somehow unfair(I dunno what you actually wanted to say because you didn't finish the sentence.)

The point of the investigation, according to the WP's sources, is to see if the acquisition of patents by Google's direct competitors, in the mobile space, could lead to the death of Android. In the past week a number of stories have speculated that the cost of producing an Android phone could include as much as $20 in patent licensing fees per handset.

Google's lack of a patent portfolio has left the company without many defenses in what has become an increasingly volatile legal atmosphere amongst tech giants, especially in the mobile realm. It's almost as if these companies have entered into some weird mobile technology Cold War, but instead of nuclear missiles, a stockpile of patents is the weaponry.

Apple and Google are becoming clear leaders in mobile handsets, and Apple has done a decent job defending its intellectual property. It'd be rather disappointing if any of the players in the burgeoning world of smartphones and tablets died because of legal disputes instead of producing crap products. (Not sure what this sentence is trying to say?) Innovation and customer satisfaction should secure a companies place in their respective market, not a gang-load of patents and lawyers.

Source: The Washington Post
    Think I fixed as much I could.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Think I fixed as much (as?) I could.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    Nice!!!!
    Last edited by juggz143; 07-11-2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: improper use of punctiation ;)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rryyddeerr View Post
    Are you correct? I'm actually genuinely curious if I should say "as much as" or "as much"? I read both in my head before I posted and thought my way sounded right, but I'm happy to be proved otherwise so I can correct my post.

Thanks

You guys are vicious critics. Lol

In regards to the article,
    I for one am very tired of hearing about patents...

Banned
    Thanks

I used to believe in the Google motto "don't be evil" but that was about 5 years ago before they went public, now I completely hate them due to customer negligence and lack of customer service. They rake in billions and don't offer phone support... "death of Android" is music to my ears... Plus, their product is crap.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Apple Repair New Orleans View Post
    I used to believe in the Google motto "don't be evil" but that was about 5 years ago before they went public, now I completely hate them due to customer negligence and lack of customer service. They rake in billions and don't offer phone support... "death of Android" is music to my ears... Plus, their product is crap.
    ^^