+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Samsung vs Apple Legal Battle Round 257: Apple Files ITC Suit, Plans Assassination

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
*video is dramatic prediction of a fake future where life doesn't suck Apple filed their own suit against Samsung with the International Trade Commission yesterday. This comes after Samsung filed
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Samsung vs Apple Legal Battle Round 257: Apple Files ITC Suit, Plans Assassination

*video is dramatic prediction of a fake future where life doesn't suck

Apple filed their own suit against Samsung with the International Trade Commission yesterday. This comes after Samsung filed a similar complaint with the ITC last week. Or was it the week before?

Honestly, these estranged lovers can only beat on one another so much before the divorce lawyers get involved.

Apple's suit is seeking an injunction to prevent Samsung from importing Android phones and tablets into the U.S. The complaint cites five utility patents and two design patents that apply to six Samsung smartphones and two tablets. Basically Apple is calling Samsung a copycat:

Many of Apple's innovations have become so popular and so recognized that they have become virtually synonymous with Apple's products and the Apple brand. Indeed, an Apple product can be readily identified, for example, by the way it operates and interfaces with its users...
    As a result, Apple's innovations and products have been the subject of widespread imitation by Apple's competitors. Others have attempted to capitalize on Apple's success by copying its innovative technology, distinctive user interface and overall product design.- Apple's ITC Suit
    All of this legal ill-will and corporate lawyer jujitsu spells doom for the Apple-Samsung love affair. It was fun while it lasted, but like all highly visible celebrity marriages Apple and Samsung are too destined to fail. My only mission is to figure out how Jesse James is involved in all this.

Source: CNET and FossPatents

Green Apple
    Thanks

If Apple is so confident, why the need for all this legal mumbo jumbo?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mumbo perhaps!... Jumbo!?...perhaps not...

Mumbo!...perhaps. Jumbo!?...perhaps not...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i think they know that they can't stop the phones from coming in forever, but if they can stop it at least for a short while for the launch they'll be way ahead of the game, but eventually there will be enough copy cats that it'll all even it eventually, but for now this is there way of helping there initial sales.

iPhone? More like MyPhone DaLsim's Avatar
    Thanks

crapple, apple just a greedy basterd...

Thanks

apple sucks

Thanks

Apple is rightly defending its intellectual property from Samsung. If you are too blind to see that Samsung has blatantly copied Apple's designs then you have serious issues. I hope these injunctions go through and Samsung is fined heavily for copying.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CD65 View Post
    Apple is rightly defending its intellectual property from Samsung. If you are too blind to see that Samsung has blatantly copied Apple's designs then you have serious issues. I hope these injunctions go through and Samsung is fined heavily for copying.
    Tell me how the Droid Charge looks like the iphone?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Italia411's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't much, but the Samsung Galaxy S series's interface does look a lot like springboard.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Painkiller006 View Post
    Tell me how the Droid Charge looks like the iphone?
    OMG Are you an idiot?, the injunction would only apply to the phones that "copy" that infringe on Apple Patents. Since the Driod Charge looks nothing like an iPhone or its software is similar to iOS it will not be part of the injunction, but the Samsung Galaxy S series's interface does look a lot like an Apple springboard, your such a Noob
    Last edited by PolishHacker; 07-07-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Added Indo

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

lol Apple fights people more than Sony and M$ battle xD

iPhone? More like MyPhone Painkiller006's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    OMG Are you an idiot?, the injunction would only apply to the phones that "copy" that infringe on Apple Patents. Since the Driod Charge looks nothing like an iPhone or its software is similar to iOS it will not be part of the injunction, but the Samsung Galaxy S series's interface does look a lot like an Apple springboard, your such a Noob
    lol i think your the idiot one here. The Droid Charge is part of the injunction along with the Exhibit 4G, Galaxy Ace, Galaxy Prevail, Galaxy S (i9000), Gravity, Infuse 4G, Nexus S 4G, Replenish, Sidekick, Galaxy Tab 10.1, and Galaxy S II (aka Galaxy S 2). The Galaxy S interface, you mean the app drawer? i didn't know thats the interface, i always thought it was the thing that appears after you turn on your phone, you know the main screens....you are such a Noob
    Last edited by Painkiller006; 07-07-2011 at 08:08 PM.

Thanks

Relax guys

If I had a dollar for everytime apple and samsung went back and forth I'd buy me another iPad.

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes the original Galaxy S looked like a 3GS, yes TouchWiz looked like iOS but the new Galaxy S2 looks nothing like the iPhone 4 and the TouchWiz just looks like Android or your typical 10 year old Nokia menu....

-_-