+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Big Surprise, Apple Plans to Fix JailbreakMe PDF Exploit in Next iOS Update

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by freddiepr It is already done... I just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS4.3.3 and Jailbreakme starts installing Cydia and then aborts the installation. Tried several times on
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by freddiepr View Post
    It is already done... I just updated my iPhone 4 to iOS4.3.3 and Jailbreakme starts installing Cydia and then aborts the installation. Tried several times on 3G and Wifi.
    Then use sn0wbreeze on iPhone 4 on 4.3.3.......

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with you and agree with SSputniikk on details.

Comex (a hacker) identified the security flaw some time ago, and was trying to keep it under wraps for as long as possible- so that when released it would benefit the greatest number of users and machines and software combinations.

A jerk (whom I won't name, but who is allegedly also A Hacker) either independently discovered the same exploit, or more likely, heard about it from Comex and other JB developers. He thought it was awesome cool, so released it almost immediately, despite the usual warnings from other, wiser devs. He chatted with Comex too, but decided that he was still way awesomer and cooler than Comex, so he released full details of the exploit anyway.

Comex then, hacked up a JB kit (in discussion with other developers) and released jailbreakme.com v3 ASAP, so iPad/iPhone/iPod users (but mostly iPad, and mostly iPad v2) could get some use out of the flaw before Apple patched it.

Comex made the best move he could, under the circumstances. But the ones who forced his hand were pretty boneheaded. And no, they don't typically expect it coming, or much care if it does.
    This jailbreak benefited mostly iPad 2 users, because other methods of jailbreak were available to all other devices but iPad 2. Yes, the other JB methods are little more complicated and may require some skills, but it could be done.

Anyway, it's really awesome that we can JB by clicking a button. I remember when I was able to jailbreak my iPhone 4 first time when jailbreakme.com first came out. I could not believe it can be done this simple. These hackers are geniuses.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raduga View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with you and agree with SSputniikk on details.

Comex (a hacker) identified the security flaw some time ago, and was trying to keep it under wraps for as long as possible- so that when released it would benefit the greatest number of users and machines and software combinations.

A jerk (whom I won't name, but who is allegedly also A Hacker) either independently discovered the same exploit, or more likely, heard about it from Comex and other JB developers. He thought it was awesome cool, so released it almost immediately, despite the usual warnings from other, wiser devs. He chatted with Comex too, but decided that he was still way awesomer and cooler than Comex, so he released full details of the exploit anyway.

Comex then, hacked up a JB kit (in discussion with other developers) and released jailbreakme.com v3 ASAP, so iPad/iPhone/iPod users (but mostly iPad, and mostly iPad v2) could get some use out of the flaw before Apple patched it.
    Since I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in the jailbreak community I have no choice but to concede victory to you. This exploit will obviously always work on 4.3.3, so I guess instead of releasing the jailbreak now, we could have been urged to simply back up the SHSH blobs in case Apple did patch it with the release of iOS 5.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sirbebe's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Apple is always a day late and dollar short. I just can't believe they found another PDF exploit.

Worked on my 1st Gen iPad. Had to do a fresh restore though. I updated normally and it would not jailbreak, probably because i was already JB on 4.2.1. All is good now, great job everyone involved!

**** a day short but never a dollar short they got over 80 billion in cash lol

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AUZambo View Post
    Since I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes in the jailbreak community I have no choice but to concede victory to you. This exploit will obviously always work on 4.3.3, so I guess instead of releasing the jailbreak now, we could have been urged to simply back up the SHSH blobs in case Apple did patch it with the release of iOS 5.
    Theres already a patch for the exploit in cydia lol

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123