+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: App Store Hits 15 Billion Downloads

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple's App Store has reached 15 billion downloads according to a press release published today. It appears Apple and Google are in an all out war to win the PR
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default App Store Hits 15 Billion Downloads

Apple's App Store has reached 15 billion downloads according to a press release published today.

It appears Apple and Google are in an all out war to win the PR numbers game. Google announced last week that the Android Market is approaching the 5 billion download mark, and Phillip Schiller, Apple's senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, made it clear Cupertino is number 1 in Apple's eyes.

In just three years, the revolutionary App Store has grown to become the most exciting and successful software marketplace the world has ever seen. - Phillip Schiller
    There are officially 425,000 apps, 100,000 iPad apps and $2.5 billion has been paid out to developers thus far. Also, Apple claims to have 200 million users in over 90 countries. While all these numbers are rather incredible, the growth of Google's Android Market is just as impressive.

Google reached its 1 billionth download in july of last year, and added nearly a billion in the last two month in its approach to 5 billion app downloads. According to PC World thats nearly a 10 fold increase in app downloads since last year. However, Apple went from 10 billion downloads to 15 billion in less than 6 months, which equals nearly a billion downloads a month.

What does all this mean? Everyone in the world will soon become inefficient shells of their former selves, as we all download the latest Zynga game, Play Angry Birds, and find ourselves only able to laugh at ill timed farts courtesy of the 2,000 different fart apps.

I can't wait.

Source: PC World

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I own about 1000 apps or a little more however many are educational, for children or health related and apps to make life easier.... I will admit I like the time management games but I do not own any fart apps or gross ones! As for downloading anymore I haven't found any apps to download lately that interested me...
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 07-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.