+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Granted U.S. Trademark for "280"

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Apple Granted U.S. Trademark for "280"

According to Trademarkia Apple was granted a U.S. trademark last week for "280." Obviously, Apple can't trademark a number, imagine fit microsoft would have every time someone typed 360.

But, as TechCrunch points out, a quick glance at the maps icon Apple uses for its iOS navigation app and everything makes sense. The icon shows Interstate 280 along with with pinpointing the exact location of Apple's headquarters at Infinite Loop in Cupertino, California.

The only developers who would be in a bit of trouble with this trademark are those who use an icon bearing the number 280 in it, and only map service providing applications at at that.

The mark consists of a gray map with streets in gray and white and highways in yellow and orange, a highway sign in blue, yellow and red bearing the number 280″ in white, and a gray and red pin. - Apple Trademark
    Today is a sad day for the developers of "280 Places To Cheat On Your Spouse, Maps Included."

Source: Trademarkia [via TechCrunch]

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Wow. I never thought that the maps icon was apples headquarters location. I just thought it was a regular icon.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Congratulations Apple. You have accomplished NOTHING with this trademark considering there are a crap-load of other highway numbers other cell phone makers can use.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Wow. I never thought that the maps icon was apples headquarters location. I just thought it was a regular icon.
    whaaaaaattttt!, you didnt know that? anybody who is anynody knows that!...no really , i didnt know either lol
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

Thanks

Yeah and the time on the clock app is the time they first announced the iphone.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post

the number of buttons on the iphone4 is how many siblings steve jobs has.

if you look closely in the apple logo on the back of an iphone4, theres a VERY small imprinted message that says "M$ sucks". Its like National Treasure but with Apples secrets,lol.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by z3r01 View Post
    whaaaaaattttt!, you didnt know that? anybody who is anynody knows that!...no really , i didnt know either lol
    Well given the fact that it's just a "280" highway sign with no other definable named streets in the icon picture it's easy to see how most people could overlook it....even though most people will pretend like they knew. .

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Next, they will start trademarking names, Steve Jobs at first.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post

I just trademarked "11:45 PM" because that was what time it was when I first trademarked the time 11:45 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thumbs up what...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Subtenko View Post
    the number of buttons on the iphone4 is how many siblings steve jobs has.

if you look closely in the apple logo on the back of an iphone4, theres a VERY small imprinted message that says "M$ sucks". Its like National Treasure but with Apples secrets,lol.
    Effing hilarious....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,722 Times in 852 Posts

I havent seen the default Maps icon in so long I didnt even know it looked like that! I have no memory of any default icon - the Apple ones are just so ugly, I guess my mind blocked them out.

Thanks
    apple just had to go and make the good people of Toledo, OH feel a little less special.... what a bunch a MEANIES!!! hahahahhah