Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Some Apple TV Users Unable To Stream Netflix

Default Some Apple TV Users Unable To Stream Netflix

Complaints from Apple TV users started cropping up July 1 that streaming movies over Apple's set-top box was not working. Wired.com was able to confirm with a Netflix spokesman that "a small number of Apple TV decices were experiencing technical issues with the service."

According to the same spokesman the issues have been fixed. The errors received by users over the weekend were 111, 112, and 115 messages when trying to watch a movie via Netflix's streaming service. Obviously this poses a problem for the Apple TV 2 as the device's focus is supposed to be streaming rentals instead of downloads.

It appears the problem was on the shoulders of Netflix rather than Apple thouugh. Netflix changed some parts of the backend of their streaming service, and older not updated Apple TV's (those without firmware 4.2.2) appeared to be the ones affected. A simple update to 4.2.2 seems to have fixed most of the problems.

I know it isn't the most crazy popular device, but have any ModMyi readers had problems with their Apple TV's this weekend?

Source: Wired

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I had problems with my iPhone around the same time. But it works now.

I had the same issue with my PS3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

yesh i got 111 all weekend . even un-jailbroke and upgraded and same proble . i just gave up and rented an itunes movie after a while

Green Apple
    Thanks

I had some problems with it that went away when i rebooted. I am on the 5.0 beta software.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

I've had Netflix issues since I got my AppleTV2. I thought it was a common issue.
    -FBIRyuJin

All four of my ATV2 stopped working. The only fix was to update to 4.2.2 (4.3) then jailbreak again. Real pain in the butt, but they are all working again. Make sure you backup with Tiny Unbrella before starting.

Thanks

Decices lol Where is the auto correct I would die without it personally.

I have been fighting with nf over the last few days on my ATV. I'm running 4.2.2 and although I'm not getting any error codes, I'm just losing connection, getting cannot access service errors and buffering problems.

It's a bit frustrating as with xbmc, I use my ATV as a full streaming replacement. To have nf not work now is frustrating.

Hope it gets fixed soon. I won't go through the JB process again until iOS 5

Quote Originally Posted by smr891 View Post
    Decices lol Where is the auto correct I would die without it personally.
    Um, wrong post?
    Last edited by andsoitgoes; 07-05-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Thanks
    I've as many of these issues with both my apple tv and ps3.

iPhone? More like MyPhone fbiryujin's Avatar
    Thanks

I think netflix's datacenters just can't handle their customer base. Good and bad for them but just bad for us. I for one only do instant streaming as my local post office sucks
    -FBIRyuJin

Thanks

I can't stream Netflix to my PS3 either!

I always have issues with Netflix on the apple tv... Buuut that's because I'm currently living in Africa, so Netflix doesn't like me until I'm back in the States. Then we are best friends again!

I am still having the issue.

I don't want to upgrade to 4.2.2 becaue my Apple TV 2 is jailbroken, running XBMC.
    I use Netflix almost as much as XBMC, however, so this has become a major PITA

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    yesh i got 111 all weekend . even un-jailbroke and upgraded and same proble . i just gave up and rented an itunes movie after a while
    You jailbroke your Apple TV, but you paid to rent movies from iTunes?
    You're quite the anomaly!
    Last edited by ARCHA1C; 07-05-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I just got my ATV, and as soon as i hooked it up it said i needed to update. So, I wasn't effected by it.

Quote Originally Posted by bftiedt View Post
    Still happening on both my ATV2s and my PS3.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have never had a problem with Netflix until this weekend. Now I can't watch anything and receive error 111. I don't think there is a Jailbreak for 4.2.2 yet so this is a big problem! I will most likely close my Netflix account until this issue is resolved or there is a Jailbreak for 4.2.2.

I gave my isp hell because netflix told me it was on their end! I lost my jb for this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
    I have been fighting with nf over the last few days on my ATV. I'm running 4.2.2 and although I'm not getting any error codes, I'm just losing connection, getting cannot access service errors and buffering problems.

It's a bit frustrating as with xbmc, I use my ATV as a full streaming replacement. To have nf not work now is frustrating.

Hope it gets fixed soon. I won't go through the JB process again until iOS 5

Um, wrong post?
    hey andsoitgoes no I was referring to the spelling error in the first paragraph of the article, I can not live without my auto correct on the mac even in the post I am typing now it is showing me 20 billion mistakes I am making 8-)