Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: OS X Lion Coming July 19 Alongside New MacBook Airs?

  1. #1
    Default OS X Lion Coming July 19 Alongside New MacBook Airs?


    Apple didnít give a specific date for the release of OS X Lion at WWDC in June, simply stating that the newest version of Mac OS would arrive on the Mac App Store some time in July, now on this last day of June, certain outlets are suggesting that Apple will wait until the middle of the month to release the OS upgrade, and will do so alongside new MacBook Air models.

    Apple Ďní Apps has stated theyíve learned that Apple will release Lion to the masses on July 19th, a Tuesday, the typical product release date for Apple products. It seems right that Apple take its time in releasing Lion, especially as the company continues to take criticism for what some have called a half-baked upgrade to Final Cut Pro, which does not seem fit for professional videographers. Also mentioned are MacBook Airs, which, like the many, many reports before it, mention a speed bump, Intel SandyBridge Processors, and the addition of Thunderbolt.

    The source also adds that if something isnít quite right with the product, Apple will delay the release of OS X Lion and the MacBook Airs. It is also speculated that the new MacBook Airs are ready for launch already, but Apple is waiting until Lion is ready for the general public so that they can release hardware right alongside the software. Finally, they state that Lion will release itís Golden Master Release Candidate on or around July 4th. Weíll keep you posted on the ongoing release speculation.

  2. #2
    I hope that they refresh more than just the macbook air's. If they put a backlit keyboard in the macbook air, along with the speed boost, and thunderbolt I MIGHT sell my 2011 macbook pro and get one. I want the higher resolution. I'm hoping they refresh the mac pro's and the white macbook too.

  3. #3
    My iPhone is a Part of Me EskimoRuler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    835
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 48 Times in 44 Posts

    speed boost and thunderbolt and im sold, im used to not having a backlit keyboard so that doesnt bother me, need to keep the battery life up.

  4. #4
    july 19 is my birthday woot wooot

  5. #5
    will it be free for ppl who bought there macs after wwdc ??? i just recently bought mines

  6. #6
    Mac OS X Lion should be coming July 30th because I asked somebody in a local computer store in which they had an Apple section. (UK PC World)

  7. #7
    Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    8,265
    Thanks
    819
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza102 View Post
    Mac OS X Lion should be coming July 30th because I asked somebody in a local computer store in which they had an Apple section. (UK PC World)
    "somebody in a local computer store"? Yeah sounds VERY solid!

  8. #8
    Green Apple frejes32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    In my opinion the only thing good about MacBook Airs are the resolution. Which I'm still trying to figure out why Apple didn't give the MacBook Pro the same or better resolution..since it is "Pro" and everything.. Guess they needed something to make people pick them over the Pro if they so desperately wanted the higher resolution

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    "somebody in a local computer store"? Yeah sounds VERY solid!
    On the UK Apple website it used to say Lion was comming on the 30th now it just says July so who knows.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by frejes32 View Post
    In my opinion the only thing good about MacBook Airs are the resolution. Which I'm still trying to figure out why Apple didn't give the MacBook Pro the same or better resolution..since it is "Pro" and everything.. Guess they needed something to make people pick them over the Pro if they so desperately wanted the higher resolution
    The 15" has the option for a higher resolution (Glossy or Matte) of 1680x1050 which is the same PPI as the air's screen.

  11. #11
    Green Apple frejes32's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Owensboro, Kentucky, United States
    Posts
    54
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    The 15" has the option for a higher resolution (Glossy or Matte) of 1680x1050 which is the same PPI as the air's screen.
    Oh that's cool, I didn't realize that it was an option on the two larger models (I'm guessing that includes the 17'' too?).

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by frejes32 View Post
    Oh that's cool, I didn't realize that it was an option on the two larger models (I'm guessing that includes the 17'' too?).
    The 17" only has a hi res screen of 1920x1200 pixels.
    I have the glossy hi res 15" and I can say the screen is amazing.

    EDIT: also for some strange reason the hi res versions are lighter than the low res versions.
    Last edited by spazturtle; 07-01-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •