+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facebook Designer Says Mark Zuckerberg is a Total Steve Jobs Fan Boy

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,471 Times in 558 Posts

Default Facebook Designer Says Mark Zuckerberg is a Total Steve Jobs Fan Boy

We've been hearing for years about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg's fascination with and affinity for Apple chief Steve Jobs. Yesterday, Bryan Veloso, a Facebook Designer from 2005 to 2006, provided even more insight about Zuckerberg's fan boy status than we've previously had.

"When Aaron Sittig and I were the only designers in late 2005, he would hold his design meetings with us in that classic 'aggressive' Steve Jobs-style," Veloso admits. "It was during one of those meetings where I remember him first uttering the phrase, 'I'm CEO, *****...'" It was that very phrase that was believed to have shown up on the earliest of business cards that Zuckerberg himself carried. In David Kirkpatrick’s book The Facebook Effect, the existence of those business cards was confirmed:

As the Facebook boys started dealing increasingly with real business professionals, a reputation for rambunctiousness spread throughout the valley. “It’s Lord of the Flies over there,” one executive told an executive recruiter. Zuckerberg had to be careful which business card he handed out at meetings. He had two sets. One simply identified him as “CEO.” The other: “I’m CEO…bitch."
    Despite Zuckerberg's undeniable respect for Steve Jobs, some in the media has taken great interest in at least trying to present both men as new rivals in some ways - a presentation that, to me at least, makes very little sense given that both men essentially succeeded doing two completely different things. Still, it's a classic case of teacher vs. student - yesterday's titan squaring off against the new industry giant. Consequently, whenever the opportunity presents itself, some are always quick to point out that last year Zuckerberg came in 35th on the Forbes list of richest Americans, while Steve Jobs placed 42nd.

As far as anyone can actually tell, Steve Jobs and Mark Zuckerberg may not be drinkin' buddies, but they share a mutual respect for one another - so much so that, as the LA Times reported last fall, Jobs has allegedly welcomed Zuckerberg to his home for dinner and discussion, an invitation very few people in this world can boast of having ever received.

Source: Washington Post

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

That has always been an awesome catch phrase but it would've been hilarious to see the facial expression on Steve Jobs if Zuckerberg handed him the "I'm CEO B***H" card
    Last edited by ihappy; 06-26-2011 at 01:01 PM.

Thanks

Wish Zuckerberg would follow Jobs' attention to quality and detail...FB's interface is lame: buggy, ambiguous and contradictory features, floods the user with unwanted information which mostly cannot be customized.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

who cares...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 883 Posts

Jobs is one of the best CEOs of this generation.

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    Jobs is one of the best CEOs of this generation.
    Yup. Love him or hate him, he is an incredible business man and visionary. My friend and I joke about using Steve Jobs time machine. LOL!
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Yup. Love him or hate him, he is an incredible business man and visionary. My friend and I joke about using Steve Jobs time machine. LOL!
    Is it white and pretty? Does it cost a bazillion dollars compared to Microsoft's time machine?

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x

Livin the iPhone Life TheOrioles33's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenthis View Post
    Is it white and pretty? Does it cost a bazillion dollars compared to Microsoft's time machine?
    Micosofts time machine only goes backwards.
    MacBook Pro i7
    Dell XPS

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioles33 View Post
    Micosofts time machine only goes backwards.
    Got me there... :P

Windows 7 x64
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.5ghz
    EVGA Nvidia GTX 570 Classified SLI
    1200watt Antec PSU
    Haf X
    EVGA P67 FTW
    Corsair H80
    Corsair Vengeance 16gig 8-8-8-24
    Sony Optiarc 24x