+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Custom Intel CPU Coming to New Mac Pro?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Amidst swirling information regarding the Mac products that have yet to be refreshed with current-generation Intel Processors and Apple's Thunderbolt I/O, MICgadget.com is claiming that Apple may have a few
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Custom Intel CPU Coming to New Mac Pro?

Amidst swirling information regarding the Mac products that have yet to be refreshed with current-generation Intel Processors and Apple's Thunderbolt I/O, MICgadget.com is claiming that Apple may have a few tricks up there sleeves when it comes to Apple's top-tier computer, the Mac Pro.

Among the information MICgadget offers is that Apple may be at work on it's own specific Intel CPU for the Mac Pro, this would drastically enhance it's computing capabilities, and may have something to do with a potential revamp of some sort of server offering from Apple. On top of that, they also claim that the 'server' configuration of the Mac Pro may come in a rack mountable case, possibly similar to the late Xserve line, which Apple ditched early this year.

With the elimination of Xserve, the future of server hardware from Apple has been in serious doubt, but this info does offer a significant amount of hope that all is not lost for those who rely on such hardware. More specifically, a custom CPU might allow the Mac Pro to significantly outperform it's predecessors. MICgadget claims these CPUs are not found on any PC.

I'd assume that the unique CPUs would optimize the machines for the Mac Pro's current double-duty as high-powered Personal Computer, and viable server hardware. We'll keep an eye out to any confirmation or denial of these claims.

Source:
    MICgadget

Thanks
    Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,205 Posts

Honestly been thinking about getting a xserver so if they come out with a mac pro ill ditch my imac and get one of these
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Thanks

The sandy bridge cost Intel $10 Billion to develop, now you expect them to develop a new processor just for one Apple product?

Livin the iPhone Life JedixJarf's Avatar
    Thanks

I highly doubt this, as it would really make 0 sense. I am willing to bet apple will be getting Sandy Bridge - E processors (LGA 2011) for the next Mac Pro as those will be the only 6 core sandy bridge processors available.