+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Email Reveals New Details About iCloud Storage

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
An email sent to a MacRumors by a reader reveals Apple's solution to users who near the 5GB of storage all iCloud users are granted. The email, which was sent
    MMi Staff Writer Phillip Swanson's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Email Reveals New Details About iCloud Storage

An email sent to a MacRumors by a reader reveals Apple's solution to users who near the 5GB of storage all iCloud users are granted.

The email, which was sent to MR reader Ben when his usage reached 4.2GB, alerts users that their allotted space is being filled up and outlines a few solutions. Users can either remove data from the cloud, or are informed they can purchase additional storage directly from their iOS device, Mac, or PC.

Thankfully users' iTunes media files do not count against their storage total. However, when a user's capacity has been reached iOS devices will no longer back up data to iCloud and any emails sent to their me.com address wont be delivered. Unfortunately no pricing details were outlined in the email.

Having emails count against your total storage quota is kind of unfortunate, but with additional space so easily purchased, worrying about uploading large media files, and having everything backed up across multiple computers without fail wont be of too much worry.

Source: MacRumors
    Last edited by Phillip Swanson; 06-20-2011 at 07:48 PM.

Thanks

I wonder what the pricing is going to be like, hopefully it will be reasonable.

My iPhone is a Part of Me wolverinemarky's Avatar
    Thanks

yea pricing is gonna determine a lot i probably wont use it too much other then for my photos

Green Apple
    Thanks

Isnt this kind of old news?
    There is "buy more storage" setting under settings - general - (iCloud) - Manage storage like a two weeks from now. The e-mail ofcourse is a new thing.

Thanks

I don't have anything about iCloud in my 3GS settings.