+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Loses Its Touch in This Year's Announced 'Back to School' Promotion

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by SwatPac They are just trying to promote the Mac App Store. In my opinion, a $100 gift card isn't so bad. With those $100 You could buy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    They are just trying to promote the Mac App Store. In my opinion, a $100 gift card isn't so bad. With those $100 You could buy Lion, Angry Birds, Music, Movies and a whole bunch of other goodies. Although I know some people probably waited to buy, just so they can get an iPod Touch for $Free.99.
    Sorry but you can't buy music or movies, it's a Mac App Store gift card not an itunes one.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

u muthaf****ers i have been waiting patiently for the back to school sale thinking i was gonna get an ipod touch with the imac i buy instead i get a middle finger to my face u know what screw u apple heres my middle finger right back at u ,,!,, epic fail apple i hope u lose sales this summer and burn in hell u greedy @ss wipes first u dont announce a new iphone and now this happens u know what up urs

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by spazturtle View Post
    Sorry but you can't buy music or movies, it's a Mac App Store gift card not an itunes one.
    Oh, really? I read somewhere that the $100 was attached to your Apple ID and therefore usable in any of the stores including the iOS app store and iTunes. How do they make it only apply to the Mac app store?

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    u muthaf****ers i have been waiting patiently for the back to school sale thinking i was gonna get an ipod touch with the imac i buy instead i get a middle finger to my face u know what screw u apple heres my middle finger right back at u ,,!,, epic fail apple i hope u lose sales this summer and burn in hell u greedy @ss wipes first u dont announce a new iphone and now this happens u know what up urs
    Your still getting the iMac right? Case dismissed.
    Last edited by SwatPac; 06-16-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Antman217 View Post
    I don't care too much about it. I mean do you really need an iPod for school. You guys just want free iPods lol. The purpose of the programs is to promote education, they are even telling you that there are many educational apps in the mac app store to download for SCHOOL.
    **** me i think your the only one with a brain on this site....cant stand all these ******* ******* crying about not getting free sh*t. cant afford a ******* ipod then get a ****** zune.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

The iPod Touch was given to prospecting students who also were going to buy a Mac. If you were just going to sell it on say craigslist or something, Apple would be losing revenue. (Though it probably only costs Apple 100 dollars to manufacture the iPod Touch). There are also plenty of iPods in the wild now, with most on decline except the iPod Touch/Nano I believe. So its all for money? Of course, with software, once people create an Apple ID and start using that 100 dollars in the iPhone/Mac App Stores, they're bound to purchase from there again.

[All opinion]

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SwatPac View Post
    Oh, really? I read somewhere that the $100 was attached to your Apple ID and therefore usable in any of the stores including the iOS app store and iTunes. How do they make it only apply to the Mac app store?

Your still getting the iMac right? Case dismissed.
    maybe not after his crap and btw i have a question on apple site it said u get 100 bucks off imac right and the imac itself costs 1199 and it says 1149 with the 100 dollars off that is wrong isnt it? wouldnt it be 1099 not 1149 go to their site and check it

i wish there is that one person that attempts to commit suicide because he didnt get a free ipod touch before dying he writes on a piece of paper im going to kill myself because i didnt get the free ipod touch this year im sry this is all apples fault. Then apple releases a press statement saying we are now giving free ipod touch with every mac purchase sry for the inconvience we understand that a kid killed himself because of us we are killers and greedy bastards
    Last edited by matrixhunter; 06-16-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Thanks

Since when is Apple obligated to give you a free iPod over the summer with a purchase of a mac? It is a special promotion that they do. It also changes a little bit when they want it to. $100 is great for students because they will need a lot of those apps anyway.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Ahhhh...I thought Macs were the best thing ever. You can't beat the quality and craftsmanship put into each and everyone. From these comments, I'd have to say its because they give you free crap.

No free iPod...boo hoo hoo. How will you ever survive.

Santa Claus, Theme Creator santaf's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,472 Times in 1,107 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    maybe not after his crap and btw i have a question on apple site it said u get 100 bucks off imac right and the imac itself costs 1199 and it says 1149 with the 100 dollars off that is wrong isnt it? wouldnt it be 1099 not 1149 go to their site and check it
    the cheapest one you only get 50 bucks off the other 3 you get 100 off
    And the card works on all their stores itunes, book store, app store, and mac app store it even says so on their site hah

Thanks

they definitely lost their touch... but they are marketing geniuses... you know how many macs people are gonna buy their kids that are off to college.. instead of windows computers?
    windows is offering an xbox.. and mac is offering 100$ on education apps.. + the 100$ off from the original price...
    what parent wants to get their kid an xbox their first year of college? lol
    apple=genius marketers

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mmaboi21 View Post
    lame, i have seriously been on the fence about getting a mac. This just sealed the deal.
    Even though I agree that this year Apple have been 'skimpy' at best with the promotion, the fact that you decided to not get a Mac based on the free gift is retarded.

If you want and need OS X, then get a Mac, but not just because you'd get something nice for free.

Fool.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Wow. After reading this it's just a bunch of crybabies here. "waaah, I want free stuff. Apple should give me what I want even though they don't have to give me anything. Apple you are so greedy."

You are buying the computer. Anything apple gave you after that was fluff. They didn't ever have to give you anything. Grow up.

iPhone? More like MyPhone JonnyBoy123's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't see why people are calling this BS. I mean really, iOS 5 is coming out this fall with a ton of FREE services like iCloud that really cost a lot to make and maintenance and you expect them to just hand iPod's out like candy? Apple has to make money from this somehow they can't make everything free! Bunch of moochers.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hmm. A more powerful laptop, cheaper, and a free Xbox, or a $100 gift card I'm not gonna use. Decisions decisions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

So a person is wanting to buy a Mac. Walks into the store to buy a Mac no matter what. Then gets a free $100 for a purchase they already were going to buy.

Seems like a good deal to me. Plus many Apps are slowly moving over to Mac Appstore so that 100$ is great to grab some favorites there or try some out.

Personally I don't like the update system that Mac Appstore has. It redownloads the whole pacakge.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cer0 View Post
    So a person is wanting to buy a Mac. Walks into the store to buy a Mac no matter what. Then gets a free $100 for a purchase they already were going to buy.

Seems like a good deal to me. Plus many Apps are slowly moving over to Mac Appstore so that 100$ is great to grab some favorites there or try some out.

Personally I don't like the update system that Mac Appstore has. It redownloads the whole pacakge.
    The extra "stuff" you get isn't an incentive to buy a Mac, its a fringe benefit.
    If this "fringe benefit" makes you more likely to spend money on Apple products & services in the future, then Apple has every reason to find this promotion a success.

I'm disappointed, but I'll have to be honest:
    the reason this new promotion blows chunks (to me)
    is that it fails to grow marketshare and userbase for a device I care very much about,
    and instead grows the market and userbase for a service I couldn't care less for.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

All the whiners could, you know, get a damn job. I didn't get a free iPod with my purchase of a $3000 MacBook Pro, quit whining. Entitlement much?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12