+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: Apple to Release New MacBook Airs on Wednesday

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Wednesday could be a big day. If the rumors and inside reports we're hearing are accurate, this week Apple will either see the launch of a refreshed product or the
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Rumor: Apple to Release New MacBook Airs on Wednesday

Wednesday could be a big day. If the rumors and inside reports we're hearing are accurate, this week Apple will either see the launch of a refreshed product or the roll out for this year's annual "Back to School" promotion. Of course, both could ultimately be on tap. But the biggest buzz seems to be coming from chatter about a new product release.

As we reported Friday, the next generation of Apple's MacBook Air notebooks are going into mass production within the coming days. Concord Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo recently revealed that Apple "has placed orders for the production of a total of 380,000 Sandy Bridge-based 11.6 and 13.3-inch MacBook Airs this month."

Late Saturday evening, Chronicwire - a credible and fairly consistent source for reliable Apple news - tweeted the following: "The only thing sources have 100% confirmed about the new MacBook Air is the Wednesday release. Might have more info on it soon, though." Chronicwire's comments seem consistent with other rumblings around the web about an all-nighter being planned at Apple retail stores beginning late Tuesday and into Wednesday morning.

While either a MacBook Air refresh or the "Back to School" promotion are highly likely, Apple is poised to make big bank on the next MacBook Air. The company, after all, shipped more than one million MacBook Airs in just the first quarter of 2011 alone. And according to Kuo, existing MacBook Airs will see a final production push of just 80,000 units this month. So it sounds like a new MacBook Air is coming. And Wednesday may very well be the big day.

Sources: Chronicwire, CNET

Thanks

School just got out for the summer.

Theme Creator
    Thanks

I hope they bring back the back to school sale. Depending on what features the new mba has, I may buy it over a pro.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Even more slimmer?? or is that impossible?

Thanks

15" or no sale. Why even freaking bother making an 11 and a 13? What the heck is the difference really?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    15" or no sale. Why even freaking bother making an 11 and a 13? What the heck is the difference really?
    Agree with you 100% Hopefully they make 13" standard and a 15" as a upgraded model with i7. You know how apple is on still nickel and dime us.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by exNavy View Post
    A lot. I tried both and the 13" makes a lot of a difference and the resolution is higher too.

I would sell mine for a 15" tho if they released on. Sources are saying tho that the new products coming to the apple store are unlocked iPhones tho.