Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cupertino Mayor, City Council Stand Behind Apple's Proposed 'Spaceship' Campus

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Cupertino Mayor, City Council Stand Behind Apple's Proposed 'Spaceship' Campus

On Tuesday, MMi covered the rare appearance made by Apple chief Steve Jobs before the City Council of Cupertino, California - the location where Apple already headquarters its massive tech outfit. Jobs turned up to pitch a new Apple campus, which - beyond its spaceship-like design - will relocate 12,000 of the company's employees and unite much of the entire West Coast Apple family beneath one centralized - but circular - roof.

Although Steve Jobs only made his presentation this past Tuesday, the Mayor and City Council have already expressed their overwhelming support for the campus. "There is no chance that we're saying no," Cupertino Mayor Gilbert Wong says. "This mothership really has landed here here in Cupertino," Wong concluded.

"Apple continues to be the single largest employer in Cupertino and its continued success represents an important and tangible indication of the vitality of our local businesses and economy," the City of Cupertino website reads today. “A hallmark of Apple's technology has been innovation and the high value that the company places on design,” Wong added to the praise. “We have learned to expect that Apple will bring this same high standard to all of its projects.”

Proving once again that Apple pretty much always gets its way, Apple has been given all the unofficial green lights its needs to break ground and pick up the pace so that the new digs will be ready for move-in by approximately 2015.

Source: City of Cupertino

What a ***** to have to walk around.

Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    What a ***** to have to walk around.
    I'm sure there will be a vast number of segways(?).

Quote Originally Posted by jwil736 View Post
    I'm sure there will be a vast number of segways(?).
    Probably.
    Otherwise Apple, themself, might just invent a new type of transportation.

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Probably.
    I agree, it would be cool to see Apple invent it's own kind of transportation, I wonder what they would call it lol

Quote Originally Posted by PolishHacker View Post
    I agree, it would be cool to see Apple invent it's own kind of transportation, I wonder what they would call it lol
    iWalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsickrider View Post
    iWalk
    hahaha nice. they could come up with some really sick stuff

Or they just cut through the courtyard.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CustomSS1 View Post
    Probably.

iTeleport.

or wait, there is already an app for that *g*