Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iCloud Makes it Possible to Re-download Apps No Longer Available in App Store

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,482 Times in 568 Posts

Default iCloud Makes it Possible to Re-download Apps No Longer Available in App Store

Bummed out about Apple's decision to remove an app you'd like to re-download, perhaps to another iDevice? As it turns out, you have nothing to worry about. Thanks to the new iTunes in the Cloud service, you can still grab and re-download any app you previously purchased, even if Apple has since yanked it from the App Store.

This freshly discovered attribute of the new service gives a tremendous amount of insight into the power of Apple's massive new data centers, which make all cloud functionality possible. Obviously, this discovery comes as welcome news to those who have been without some of the favorite apps for long periods of time.

"For example, if you downloaded iDos before Apple removed it from the store, then restored your device there would be no way to get iDOS back," writes Caleb DanielsX of CDFXapps.com. "Apple removed iDOS from the appstore because of some great wormholes that allowed any .exe file to run on it. With the purchased tab on the appstore you can get any of these back that you had previously purchased."

From the looks of it, there's no time limit on recovering or re-downloading apps that have gone missing. Those who have tested out the above function say they've managed to re-acquire apps that have been unavailable for at least three years.

Source: CDFXapps.com

Haha that's awesome! Too bad I'm sure Apple will fix that :/

iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zoso10 View Post
    Haha that's awesome! Too bad I'm sure Apple will fix that :/
    nahh i doubt it. this ability has been available for a while through a different way.

If you synced your iphone with the computer and it had the app no longer in the app store on it(I did this with "MineCrafted") it'll put it on the computer. Then, at a later point, you sync with a wiped phone(or a device without that app) and it'll dump that app on your new iphone.

Now that Apple has taken iTunes "into the clouds" it only makes sense they took this ability with them.
    my SPOON is too big

you can do this without icloud actually. just go in the appstore on your device and hit the update tab and hit purchased. you can see all the apps you have downloaded before and re-download them. i got TRIS back! so happy!

iPhone? More like MyPhone Xenthis's Avatar
    Thanks

Shiny!

Quote Originally Posted by hrag525 View Post
    you can do this without icloud actually. just go in the appstore on your device and hit the update tab and hit purchased. you can see all the apps you have downloaded before and re-download them. i got TRIS back! so happy!
    i tried before this cuz i wanted flowchat back and it didnt work until now...i missed flowchat...and hate it more now
    [IMG]http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/9703/modu.gif[/IMG]

I am so shocked about how well this has spread over the internet. Thank you Michael Essany my website has a huge amount of traffic now.

wish i was on 4.3.3

Green Apple
    Thanks
    unfortunately, you have to scroll through huge lists to get to what you want. there's no sort method. nice, but tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyMuffin View Post
    unfortunately, you have to scroll through huge lists to get to what you want. there's no sort method. nice, but tedious.
    ya they should implement a search bar up top!