Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How To Make a OS X Lion Boot Disk

Green Apple
    Thanks
    The interesting question is: Should i upgrade my Snow Leopard iMac to Lion? Or do a fresh install? I am just vary of the 1million things i will have to reinstall, and its just going to cost me a day!!! What do you guys think? Fresh install vs upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by bootloader View Post
    I hope apple will sell a install disk it's going to take forever to download 4.7 GB
    This task will be made impossible for those with data caps. For an OS, a disc is needed to properly upgrade without issues. I don't see why Apple can sell a disc, even if for a little bit more money, but since they can't we all need to go to our local Apple Store, occupy their wi-fi, computers and employees to assist with installation, if Apple choose to go download only then it should be their resources used to upgrade our computers that can't upgrade otherwise. Or go to Apple - Feedback This is the most direct way to leave Apple engineers a message.

I can't seem to find the SharedSupport folder in the Lion image. It says go to contents but it does not have sharedsupport in there, can anyone please assist

Not working for me. I have paid and downloaded OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
    I have followed the instructions numerous times creating both a DVD and USB Thumbdrive and both fail to install.

After restarting my macbook and holding the option key down I select the Lion installer be it either the DVD or USB whichever i'm trying to use and after a few minutes I get the following dialogue.

There was a problem installing "Mac OS X"

Try reinstalling
    I have tried several times without success so any advice appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post
    Not working for me. I have paid and downloaded OS X Lion from the Mac App Store.
    I have followed the instructions numerous times creating both a DVD and USB Thumbdrive and both fail to install.

After restarting my macbook and holding the option key down I select the Lion installer be it either the DVD or USB whichever i'm trying to use and after a few minutes I get the following dialogue.

A very odd thing, the Lion boot DVD works on the wifes late 2010 Macbook Pro but fails on my 2011 Macbook Pro.

Puzzled
    Last edited by chillihound; 07-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chillihound View Post

A very odd thing, the Lion boot DVD works on the wifes late 2010 Macbook Pro but fails on my 2011 Macbook Pro.

Puzzled
    Erased PRAM and it worked like a charm.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12