+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's WWDC 2011 Kicks Off Monday Morning

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The long wait is almost over. Tomorrow marks the official kick-off to Apple's 2011 World Wide Developers Conference. Although it doesn't appear - at least not at this time -
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Apple's WWDC 2011 Kicks Off Monday Morning

The long wait is almost over. Tomorrow marks the official kick-off to Apple's 2011 World Wide Developers Conference. Although it doesn't appear - at least not at this time - that Apple will provide a live video stream of the event, MMi will be providing coverage of the keynote tomorrow, with in-depth follow-ups on all the new and refreshed goodies Apple will show off at the annual extravaganza.

Here's what you need to know. Tomorrow, June 6th, beginning at 10:00 am PST, Apple chief Steve Jobs will take the stage at the Moscone West Convention Center in San Francisco to lead off the keynote. With regard to the event specifics we've already been told to expect, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS X; iOS 5; and iCloud. The event, however, may ultimately be defined by developments we can only presently speculate about. Music streaming? Mac OS X and iOS convergence? Digital lockers? Revamped AirPort/Time Capsule? The list goes on.

The full scope of iOS 5, however, could be mind-blowing. With all the talk surrounding everything from new iOS widgets and wireless syncing to deep Twiter/Facebook integration and revamped notifications, it's likely that the presentation of iOS 5 could be the big show-stealer tomorrow. After all, there are enough rumors alone about the bells and whistles of iOS 5 to fill an entire keynote.

On the other hand, if you're like me, the specifics surrounding iCloud are most intriguing. And, at the end of the day, I'm banking on iCloud being infinitely more impressive than we currently envision it to be. But, unfortunately, all we really know for certain at this moment about the forthcoming service is that Apple has an official logo for it. All other details have been cooked up between our collective imaginations and the rumor-driven tech blogosphere. Tomorrow, thankfully, we will finally be able to reconcile fact and fiction.

Lastly, of course, is the burning question of the occasion: will we get a glimpse of the next-generation iPhone (either the iPhone 4s or the iPhone 5)? At this point, most are saying there's no chance we'll see the device tomorrow. But I'm not closing that window of opportunity just yet. Although I don't believe the new handset will be ready for the masses before late summer, there's no reason to believe that it's completely out of the question for Steve Jobs to show off that which will let iOS 5 work its magic upon release.

What are your expectations for tomorrow's WWDC keynote?

Thanks

no ipod announcements or anything im assuming? is that now, or in september?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    September buddy

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks

I am excited to see just what they are going to do tomorrow however I want to upgrade my iPhone so bad and have hopes that we find out something tomorrow..... however I have played with the new HTC and Droid phones and they do have a few things I really like about both of them..... Especially my nieces phone... its larger than the iPhone and I really like that!

Thanks

I still think apple is behind all the ''iPhone being released in september'' bs. Maybe they got it on lockdown so that they dont get another iPhone 4 incident again. My bets on a summer release (hoping). If not i wont be updrading this year witch is something I've been doing every year. It would suck to have to wait 2 years for an upgrade. Cant wait for tomorrow.

Formerly Known As rpgpromaster EddieLeonard's Avatar
    Thanks

just because a iphone wasnt found in a bar doesnt mean there isnt one

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

i sure hope we see something tomorrow regarding the next gen iPhone.......i am still rocking my 3gs but its old and getting outdated.....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    i think it'll be in septemeber. iOS should cover the general hemisphere of what future idevices should bring.
    A preview of iOS 5 will just get the rumor wheel spinning for the next iPhone and iPods!
    ALL THEY DO IS DRINK, SMOKE DOPE, AND TELL JOKES TO THE OLD FOLKS

Thanks

What time will the coverage from MMi begin?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

Green Apple
    Thanks

Is the refreshed Macbook Air being unveiled tomorrow? I had heard it was coming in June...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So you guys ready for them to announce the iphone tmw whichs gonna look exactly the same has the iphone 4 except with betta specs like did they with the 3g to 3gs
    (This is a what if situation or what will likely happen)
    Apple At WWDC: We are announcing that the new iphone will be called the iphone 4S and it will look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 except for the camera which is 8 MP and the speed is faster. For those ppl that missed out on the iphone 4 last year or liked the design now u get a second change to get a phone that looks exactly the same except with slightly betta specs and dual core. We did this with the 3g to 3gs now we will do it with the 4 to 4S because we like pissing ppl off and we like keeping the same shape for 2 years then redesign
    Other People: wtf!!!!!!!!!
    Me: I knew it was gonna look the same haha time to wait for an iphone 6 redesigned phone and by that time i can upgrade Now i can shove in the faces of ppl with the 4S

My iPhone is a Part of Me hogcia's Avatar
    Thanks

The new iphone will support 4G, therefor it will be called iPhone 4G.

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    So you guys ready for them to announce the iphone tmw whichs gonna look exactly the same has the iphone 4 except with betta specs like did they with the 3g to 3gs
    (This is a what if situation or what will likely happen)
    Apple At WWDC: We are announcing that the new iphone will be called the iphone 4S and it will look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 except for the camera which is 8 MP and the speed is faster. For those ppl that missed out on the iphone 4 last year or liked the design now u get a second change to get a phone that looks exactly the same except with slightly betta specs and dual core. We did this with the 3g to 3gs now we will do it with the 4 to 4S because we like pissing ppl off and we like keeping the same shape for 2 years then redesign
    Other People: wtf!!!!!!!!!
    Me: I knew it was gonna look the same haha time to wait for an iphone 6 redesigned phone and by that time i can upgrade Now i can shove in the faces of ppl with the 4S
    I like knowing all my accessories and cases will work at least 2 years in a row. Kthanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    I like knowing all my accessories and cases will work at least 2 years in a row. Kthanks
    yup same here and i cant wait for the iphone 6 im skipping this one and when ppl buy this iphone which is gonna look exactly the same as the iphone 4 except with betta specs like they did with iphone 3g to 3gs im gonna shove it in their face that i have a redesigned iphone with betta specs than them cause im getting the 6th one thats the one thats gonna have the total redesign hahahhahahaha

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

All you people that say it will look the same quit complaining. You can easily sell yor iphone 4 outright for at least 300, that is if you took care if it. There now you can pay 150 or whatever it is for you to upgrade with the new fees, you will still pay less than if you were getting it with the upgrade. It has been this way for me for the last 2 iphones, i even got ,made i profit when i got my 3gs because i sould my 3g for 400 and olny paid 200 for the 3gs. I also have my mom on my plan and she doesnt need to upgrade every year so one year i get my upgrade and the next i get hers and i just buy her a phone whenever she needs one because she doesnt txt nor browse. Also if you have a wife or gf in the plan do like a lot of my friends and family that they do the same with the upgrades one year they get theirs and one year they get their gf/wife and they just hand down the phone. So to all you that say theyre not getting the 4S or whatever and will be rocking next years and making fun of us that do get it, well good luck cause i will also be getting next years and even maybe make a profit.