+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Returning for WWDC to Present iOS 5, Lion, iCloud

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Apple made it official this morning. Next Monday, as the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference begins, Apple CEO Steve Jobs will take the stage to present this year's keynote address
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,475 Times in 562 Posts

Default Steve Jobs Returning for WWDC to Present iOS 5, Lion, iCloud

Apple made it official this morning. Next Monday, as the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference begins, Apple CEO Steve Jobs will take the stage to present this year's keynote address and roll out a host of new services and software upgrades, including that which has driven speculation within these forums for months.

Apple CEO Steve Jobs and a team of Apple executives will kick off the company's annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) with a keynote address on Monday, June 6 at 10:00 a.m., Apple announced in a formal press release today. At the keynote, Apple will unveil its next generation software - Lion, the eighth major release of Mac OS X; iOS 5, the next version of Apple's advanced mobile operating system which powers the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch; and iCloud, Apple's upcoming cloud services offering.

Although there is no official world of a new iPhone making a splash at next Monday's kick-off, it appears that all the hype surrounding a September iPhone 4S or iPhone 5 launch is poised to ring true. But with a slate of interesting software upgrades and new services to boast, it doesn't appear that many Apple fanatics will be left unfulfilled by this year's WWDC.

In addition to the long-awaited keynote, Apple says WWDC will - as usual - feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers. "Mac developers will see and learn how to develop world-class Mac OS X Lion applications using its latest technologies and capabilities," the company says, adding that "mobile developers will be able to explore the latest innovations and capabilities of iOS and learn how to greatly enhance the functionality, performance and design of their apps. All developers can bring their code to the labs and work with Apple engineers."

Source: Apple

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Lets go new iPhone!

iPhone? More like MyPhone ismoothproject's Avatar
    Thanks

Yay! I hope they come out with iOS 5 public! I am guessing not since I am a beta developer, and they haven't released iOS 5 for beta testing. They ALWAYS release it for testing before the actual release. Hop they release it for testing!!!!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

They don't have the domain for iCloud.com yet

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    They don't have the domain for iCloud.com yet
    Yes, they do. The old iCloud.com is now cloudme.com.
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad

Thanks
    Thanked 15,120 Times in 6,945 Posts

Looking forward to hearing what they got up their sleeve

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by billchase2 View Post
    Yes, they do. The old iCloud.com is now cloudme.com.
    icloud.com redirects to cloudme.com and according to a whois search, Apple doesnt own the icloud domain yet.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brianiino View Post
    Lets go new iPhone!
    im sry to say this but u do realize the new iphone is gonna look exactly the same the iphone 4 just with betta specs they did the same with 3g and 3gs they redesign every 2 years not every year but if u dont care that its gonna look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 then u shud get the phone

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

This is going to be awesome! Why are these posts only showing one comment???

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by matrixhunter View Post
    im sry to say this but u do realize the new iphone is gonna look exactly the same the iphone 4 just with betta specs they did the same with 3g and 3gs they redesign every 2 years not every year but if u dont care that its gonna look exactly the same as the current iphone 4 then u shud get the phone
    Well there is people like me who have a 3gs that need to upgrade bad, i have been drooling over the iphone 4 since it came out, but skipped the iphone 4. So bring on the iphone 4s, you know some people with iphone 4's will upgrade either way. I for one am looking forward to this as my 3gs just isnt doing it for me anymore, sluggish and slow, crappy screen. Bring it Steve Jobs!

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Not that I think it will happen, but it would be great if they /did/ surprise everyone with newest iPhone.

Thanks

^Steve's health is more important than the new iPhone. If he shows up looking like he's about to die, the stock will plummet more than if the new iPhone sucks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Let the prices for the iphone 4 come down!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    if there are any 3gs users scared about not having ios5 because of the rumors, dont be. iphone went deep into ios3. iphone 3g went deep into ios4. iphone 3gs will go deep into ios5

Livin the iPhone Life billchase2's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    icloud.com redirects to cloudme.com and according to a whois search, Apple doesnt own the icloud domain yet.
    Incorrect. Apple owns it:
    Yes, Apple Did Buy the iCloud.com Domain – AllThingsD
    21.5" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core i3 l 15" MacBook Pro 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7 l 17" PowerBook 1.67 GHz
    iPhone 4 32 GB l  TV 160 GB l 32 GB iPad