+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Protect you MacBook Air in Style with new BookBook case by twelvesouth

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default Protect you MacBook Air in Style with new BookBook case by twelvesouth

If you’re a fan of the MacBook Air, but sometimes miss the old world charm of a hand stitched leather-bound book, then twelvesouth has just the thing for you. twelvesouth, makers of Apple-only accessories, has just released the BookBook for MacBook Air. This case disguises your MacBook Air to look like high-quality vintage leather-bound book. It’s made to fit both the 11-inch and 13-inch late 2010 MacBook Air models.

According to twelvesouth, “BookBook is made with genuine leather and is hand distressed so no two are exactly alike. Designer cornices on the top of the case add a visual cue to ensure you always open BookBook right-side up.”

The BookBook is quite thin and only adds 13.5 ounces to the already lightweight MacBook Air. Each handmade leather case offers great protection that includes two hardback covers, a tough rigid spine and reinforced corners. The lining of the case is also paddled with velvety material for added protection. Although it may not be as impact resistant as some cases, it should be more than adequate for most day-to-day activities.

twelvesouth also makes a full line of BookBook vintage cases for the iPad and MacBook Pro models as well. It’s been said that the best place to hide something is in plain sight. If you have a library full of old leather-bound books and you need to leave your MacBook Air someplace safe, then this might just be the case for you. If nothing else, it’ll at lease class up your MacBook Air a little, not that it needs it, of course. They’re both available now through the Apple Store website for $79.99.

Source: TUAW
    Last edited by Wiley John Wright; 05-25-2011 at 07:35 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have this case for my macbook pro... twelve south makes the best cases - and the decals for the inside of the laptop are AMAZING !! check their site, they make some great products

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Sweet, defiantly buying one. Stealthy and looks so sick!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by andrewe13 View Post
    I have this case for my macbook pro... twelve south makes the best cases - and the decals for the inside of the laptop are AMAZING !! check their site, they make some great products
    does it cause ur macbook to heat up quicker? I'm thinkin about getting one for my pro also. looks sweet and havent seen any around here

My iPhone is a Part of Me politicalslug's Avatar
    Thanks

Protect you Macbook? Grammar check not working?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfer View Post
    does it cause ur macbook to heat up quicker? I'm thinkin about getting one for my pro also. looks sweet and havent seen any around here

To be honest, I don't leave it ON and close the case ever- I don't even do that with my other case, but when its in sleep or just sitting inside it turned on, no not really.

Its a pretty nice case, lots of detail went into it. Definitely not cheaply made and well worth the $.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It's looks great until the librarian files it back on the shelf LOL

Thanks
    SWEET LORD!!! That is so freaking pretty....YUM!

Green Apple
    Thanks

$100?