+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 66 of 66

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Apple Retail Employees Attempting Unionize?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by unison999 Union killed the automotive industry, can't wait for union to kill Apple. Where do you get your information. It wasn't the Union that killed the Automotive
...
  1. #61
    My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    508
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 111 Times in 60 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Union killed the automotive industry, can't wait for union to kill Apple.
    Where do you get your information. It wasn't the Union that killed the Automotive Industry here in the US. It was COMPETITION, and our subpar products going up against the Japanese and Germans couldn't even compete. The misconception that Unions make lazy people is ridiculous. Lazy is an American tradition, and it's in every aspect of business whether it's a union run company or non-union company. Next time educate yourself BEFORE you make statements.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

  2. #62
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Bushybrows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    196
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 48 Times in 34 Posts

    To all u jerkoffs talking bad about unions go jump off a bridge and do us all a favor. These companies feel entitled to treat there employees like dirt. Cost of living is steadily on the rise but wages are steadily shrinking. People have families and obligations! Do u think it is there choice to work for a company that treats them badly. When there are mouths to feed u get up and do what needs to be done. That doesn't give them the right to abuse u. These companies brag and boast about record profits but the working man doesn't deserve his fair share? U call union workers lazy but what about those fatcats sitting back getting filthy rich while they pay someone minimum wage who can barely pay there bills. Unions help us bargain for fair wages, keep us from being in hostile work environments , and basically tries to give the working man or woman some quality of life. Go somewhere and die you self righteous Pricks. Nobody is asking to be given s**t, we work for ours, but it damn sure better be a level playing field. The sad part is that most of the people pushing this load of crap out there claim to be people of God. Really?
    薮が多い額

  3. #63
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushybrows View Post
    These companies feel entitled to treat there employees like dirt.
    If you don't like how you're treated, then quit.

    Do u think it is there choice to work for a company that treats them badly.
    I think you can trace every one of those people's jobs back to a time when they voluntarily accepted the position. So yes. If they were forced to work there without a choice, then that's illegal and whoever forced them should be in jail.

    When there are mouths to feed u get up and do what needs to be done.
    So stop whining then. Obviously you've made the decision that having that job is more valuable than not having it, so suck it up and appreciate what you have, since you already know you'd be worse off without the job.

    That doesn't give them the right to abuse u.
    Real, physical abuse is illegal. No one can abuse you anywhere - not at work, or on the street, or at home, or on a plane, or at McDonald's, or anywhere else. If you're REALLY being abused, you don't need a union to go to the police. But abuse means you're being harmed against your consent - and that's not the abuse you're talking about is it, because you can voluntarily choose to stop showing up to work at any second of any day you please...

    These companies brag and boast about record profits but the working man doesn't deserve his fair share?
    They can't make these profits without workers, now can they? Workers are not getting their fair share? Then everyone should quit and they'll go out of business. You win. Easy. But that won't happen will it, because there will always be workers who actually do think they're getting their fair share. They don't agree with you. So then, of course you need a union to force them to strike, because they wouldn't do it otherwise. And boy do unions hate these "strike breakers" who will gladly work while the union workers are away. Why? Because you're job isn't worth what you're trying to say it is - economics 101 - supply and demand - where supply and demand meet is where the price/wage is set - if the wage was actually set too low, the labor "supply" would drop below the company's "demand" and production would drop and the company would eventually fail. Simple economics, no unions required But of course people do want unions because they want more money than their job is worth.

    You don't have a right to your job. You don't own your job. The job is not your property. Your job is owned by the company. Your job is the property of the company. The company created your job because you couldn't create your own. The company has graciously offered you this job that they have created because you couldn't create your own. If you don't appreciate this job offer that the company has created for you, then decline it, or quit. But you won't will you? It's because of this job that you have food on the table each night, isn't it. Are you not happy with that, do you want more food on the table? You think you're worth more food then you're being given? Well simple economics 101 can solve this. Go find someone else to feed you, a different employer who has created a job for you because you couldn't create your own, and who is willing to put more food on your table than you're currently getting because you're worth more food. What's that? No one else is willing to give you more food than what you're getting? Then maybe it's time to come to terms with the reality that you are indeed getting paid EXACTLY what you're worth right this very moment. If you were worth more, you wouldn't be there.
    Last edited by lothariorowe; 05-21-2011 at 12:38 AM.

  4. #64
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by lothariorowe View Post
    Unions wreck economies, destroy voluntary free trade, and are of such a selfish motivation at their core.‏[/ame]
    You say educate when your saying organized labor wrecks economies!?! Organized labor set the standard if living that you work under. Such as the wages you make, the benefits you may have. To involve your employer to have a retirement plan if you have one. To see your family after 8 hours of work and spend time with them. Dude everyone is entitled to your own perception on things but for a movement that has fought and died for me to go to work safe and return home. For some people that fought and died for me to make a standard living were I can live in a house I bought and put food on the table. List goes on. Organized labor built this country and was based on blue collar pieces of **** like me. The greedy is going to destroy it. Welcome to poverty

  5. #65
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    148
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ronfin44 View Post
    How do you associate Unions with Communism? That's just idiotic. I'm a Teamster, and if it wasn't for our Union my company, UPS, would have us singing "Swing low sweet chariot..." while we worked in shackles. We're already over-worked and are losing drivers these days at an incredible rate due to the pace at which the company thinks should be standard. Do I think ALL Unions or union employees are good? Absolutely not. I've seen abuse on both ends, but the good greatly outweighs the bad in my industry.
    Amen!

  6. #66
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    10
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestHxC View Post
    You say educate when your saying organized labor wrecks economies!?!
    Yes that's exactly what I said, and I see you obviously haven't done so. I'm not talking about warm and fuzzy feel-good feelings - I'm talking about actual economics, ya know, free markets, supply and demand, unemployment, production, price setting.

    So yea, educate yourself. Though I know the likelihood of it happening is probably non existent - I dare you to take 50 minutes to listen to this. no, I double dare you. Then come back here and try to say what you just said above.

    Last edited by lothariorowe; 05-23-2011 at 07:12 AM.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts