Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Retail Employees Attempting Unionize?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Union killed the automotive industry, can't wait for union to kill Apple.

I worked for apple retail. They're brainwashing, koolaid drinking a-holes. They pretend to value each employee but you're basically a clone and if you don't conform, they find a way to make you quit.

http://usat.ly/iA7prp

Starkly contrasting views. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    People who are good at what they do don't need the "protection" from unions. The people who benefit most from unions are the lazy or underperforming ones who otherwise would have been laid off or fired.
    I am a Inside Wireman in the IBEW. I am damn good at what i do and damn proud of what i do. If you own a iPhone with the service of AT&T you support the "lazy and underperformed" people that bring you service everyday you moron. I am not lazy nor underperformed of what i do for a living. Unions collect bargain to make a standard of living and a work place enjoyable. Before you go running that gator of a mouth you have get your facts straight bud. That's right i said standard of living which this country and other idiots like you have lost. Rich get richer and poorer get poorer. I'll go with my brother teamster that made the comment that said he has seen both sides of it. People do take advantage of the system, but do you work weekends?

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MidwestHxC For This Useful Post:

dhamien (05-21-2011), quidam_brujah (05-20-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

1st off u cant get fired for saying the word union at your job. 2nd, it doesnt take every employee to vote yes to get it passed. And Steve Jobs has not say in it.

Union?!? Wow, Jobs and Company will clean house. Definitely not good for Apple as a company.

There's a app for that

disgusting. workers who think they are entitled to their jobs (no pun intended) suffer from such corrosive immorality. Unions wreck economies, destroy voluntary free trade, and are of such a selfish motivation at their core.

If you think you're being treated unfairly - then quit! You aren't forced to work there by your employer, and how selfish must you be to believe YOU have a right to force your employer into certain self serving obligations by law, and not voluntary consent?

disgusting.

if you're pro-union and honest about your selfish intentions and rammifications, thats cool, but if your pro-union out of naivete - educate yourself before displaying your ignorance for the world to see...I'll get you started with this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZN2CditiSE]YouTube - ‪Economics 101: Labor and Unions | Murray N. Rothbard (Lecture 5)‬‏[/ame]

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lothariorowe For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (05-20-2011), PuppyPR (05-20-2011), turkey26 (05-20-2011)

If Apple unionizes it will be the beginning of Apple's slow death.

No one has the "right" to a job. That's anti-competitive. Competition allows the consumer to win, and we're all consumers.

Like the person above said: if you don't like your job, then quit. No one is forcing you to work there. Give that job to someone who will work for less. These sales jobs were never meant to be a person's main source of income. One's not suppose to support a family and mortgage through retail sales at Apple.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jahooba For This Useful Post:

PuppyPR (05-20-2011)

Any worker not in a Union diesnt value themselves enough to believe they have rights. I work in the automotive industry, and have done for 5 years. In thst time managers have made us do more work for less money (relatively, the cost of living goes up but we don't get a payrise) and by doing extra jobs, other people have become redundant needlessly. We are told that the company is not a "Cash rich" company while getting slipped information from sypathisers showing their 5million profits in one year. All the while the company is buying up other companies. These companies do the same manufacturing, but less work for 1 per hour more in pay. We are currently trying to redress the balance through industrial action. Employers count on the ignorance displayed on this page (Unions=Communists) to make us all work like slaves. If you are ignorant enough to not be a union member you deserve it. Just remember that when you are getting screwed bareback, that the Union would have made them use condoms and lube

Banned
    Thanks

so nice to see so many of you middle class people siding with apple and criticizing the employees who want to form a union.

NONE of you work for apple and you dont know what complaints these people might have or why they feel they need to form a union.

Ive never in my life seen so much ignorance as Im seeing these days when it comes to middle class people and their attacks on other middle class people.

to all of you who are against unions (mostly due to your ignorance) I invite you to come to NYC and work as a municipal employee and endure the abuses and dangers they face from the general public and then make your argument about why unions are bad.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

dhamien (05-21-2011), ronfin44 (05-20-2011), spazturtle (05-20-2011)

Unions are completely unnecessary for a job like this. The only place a union should be allowed is industries with safety issues. You work in an air conditioned building helping people purchase products. If the Union does get into the apple retail stores "say good by to your $199.99 iphone". Expect that price to triple over 4 years when the employes strike to get $40.00 an hr for a $12.00 an hr job.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to aposey For This Useful Post:

PuppyPR (05-20-2011), Razz (05-20-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I don't see why they shouldn't be allowed to form a union. Apple is a multi-million dollar cooperation with loyal employees who generally seem to like what they do. A friend of mine drives 84 miles round trip to his job at the nearest Apple store and pays for his own gas, so why shouldn't he have assurance that his job is safe and he will be treated fairly? I work for a large scale grocery store, the union is probably one of the best things we have in place.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MooMoo92 For This Useful Post:

ronfin44 (05-20-2011)

Thanks

Apple make shiny products. I bet that the working conditions in any Apple job must be just as shiny, if not more so. These employees are just complaining over nothing! God I'd love to work at Apple, no matter what.
    Last edited by dale1v; 05-20-2011 at 07:55 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

one of the most demanding retail environments
    Are you ******* kidding me? I can't even begin to describe what a load of **** that statement is. Get a life.

to all of you who are against unions (mostly due to your ignorance) I invite you to come to NYC and work as a municipal employee and endure the abuses and dangers they face from the general public and then make your argument about why unions are bad.
    I think Unions have their place in certain industries, but the only thing retail unions do is steal wages from employees who can't afford it and drive prices up.
    Last edited by Razz; 05-20-2011 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Razz For This Useful Post:

PuppyPR (05-20-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    Sweet. Looks like there will be a bunch of jobs opening soon.
    Lol, funny stuff!

That's just how things are on the retail level sometimes. It's one of those jobs you have to help pay your way through college so someday you can own your own biz and make your own rules. It sucks, but at least its a job, especially at this time.

hahahahhahahahhahahahahhahaha

Thats me laughing at all you americans who are scared unions, Unions are great they help employees stand up for their rights, yes employees have rights too you know. And to all you people who say they should just quit, well why don't you quit your job and see how hard it is to find a new job.

I think I will laugh at you a bit more now so have a good day.

ahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhahaha

Why don't we let the slaves at Foxconn unionize? They are literally killing themselves because of the working conditions.

I refuse to buy union made. When I see that "Union made" label on a product - I put it back on the shelf.

Go to hell Apple sales employees, you lazy pieces of ****.

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fortex24 For This Useful Post:

jOnGarrett (05-20-2011), PuppyPR (05-20-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vbx View Post
    People who are good at what they do don't need the "protection" from unions. The people who benefit most from unions are the lazy or underperforming ones who otherwise would have been laid off or fired.
    you should be locked in a dark hole somewhere and never let out.
    let me tell you about some lazy and under performing people.

lets start with the MTA employees in NYC, you know. bus drivers who have been shot, stabbed, and beaten to death by angry passengers. or the pregnant Traffic Enforcement Agent who got her jaw broken while writing a ticket. Unions made it a felony to assault these people or interfere with them doing their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by aposey View Post
    Unions are completely unnecessary for a job like this. The only place a union should be allowed is industries with safety issues. You work in an air conditioned building helping people purchase products. If the Union does get into the apple retail stores "say good by to your $199.99 iphone". Expect that price to triple over 4 years when the employes strike to get $40.00 an hr for a $12.00 an hr job.
    how is it unnecessary for a job like this? you dont work there and you dont know what their issue are. teachers have unions, why do they need union protection? doctors and nurses have unions, why do they need union protection?

the employees at apple could be working mandatory overtime and are not getting paid for it, they could be asking for something as simple as an hour lunch break instead of a 30 min break. maybe they dont like mandatory Saturdays like a lot of jobs are doing these days.

you cant say that because someone makes $12 hr they dont deserve or need union protections. thats like saying someone whose white blond and attractive dont need protection from discrimination.
    Last edited by jOnGarrett; 05-20-2011 at 09:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

28. The Following User Says Thank You to jOnGarrett For This Useful Post:

dhamien (05-21-2011)

Unions made it a felony to assault these people or interfere with them doing their jobs.
    I'm pretty sure that had nothing to do with Unions. As far as I know it is a felony to assault anyone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast