Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Supply Chain Information Fires Up Apple Stock Buy Rating

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,481 Times in 567 Posts

Default Supply Chain Information Fires Up Apple Stock Buy Rating

According to sales estimates derived from Apple supply chain data, the "Apple Barometer" that's perpetually monitored by Ticonderoga Securities suggests that shares of Apple remain a solid buy. On Wednesday morning, Ticonderoga Securities analyst Brian White once again stated his $612 price target for Apple stock.

Information from the overseas supply chain reveals April sales increasing 113% year over year. Although White says sales for April may - technically - be below the "historical trend," quarter-on-quarter growth could ultimately still be realized.
    The “barometer” he’s compiled of companies that supply Apple out of Taiwan shows Apple sales may have fallen by 7.5%, below an historical average for sales to rise 0.4% from March to April. But given the 35% increase in sales in March for his barometer, versus a 24% average, it’s still possible that the full quarter could rise by the historical 5%, he thinks.
    Joining a barrage of trading advice related to Apple today, Wall Street heavyweight Goldman Sachs Group released a note to investors urging the purchase of options to "bet on volatility in the shares before the June 6th Developers Conference." According to the findings of historical analysis, the WWDC generally moves Apple stock more than the company's earnings reports.

"The conference sends Apple shares down an average of 5.4 percent over five trading days, and Apple volatility is inexpensive,” according to Katherine Fogertey and John Marshall, equity-derivatives strategists at Goldman Sachs.

Source: Barron's, The Financial Post

Ticonderoga? Isn't the manufacturer of the worlds most reliable and effective no2 pencil?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm glad I put $10,000 into Apple

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    I'm glad I put $10,000 into Apple
    Yeah, but when?

Investing such a tiny amount today would only buy you 16 shares. You can hardly retire on that. You'd be better off buying gold, wouldn't you?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Yeah, but when?

Investing such a tiny amount today would only buy you 16 shares. You can hardly retire on that. You'd be better off buying gold, wouldn't you?
    Lol I was totally kidding, I was thinking the exact same thing as you, that's why I said it

iPhone? More like MyPhone RC_OZ's Avatar
    Thanks

Hey! I have $10K in Apple. So what if its little. It'll be $100K in a few years, hopefully.

And for your information, that's 30 shares. Currently its only $347 a share. But soon to be $612. See... I'm on my way to $100K already.
    Last edited by RC_OZ; 05-12-2011 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Swanson View Post
    Ticonderoga? Isn't the manufacturer of the worlds most reliable and effective no2 pencil?
    i believe so lol