+ Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Steve Jobs Passes Einstein, Edison, and Gates Among Top Engineering Heroes

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by unison999 Not ours, British Engineer undergrad students... Useless article in England posted here is even more useless because it does not apply in U.S.... Steve Jobs as
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Not ours, British Engineer undergrad students...
    Useless article in England posted here is even more useless because it does not apply in U.S....
    Steve Jobs as one of the greatest Sales Person I might believe, engineer? No.

I couldn't agree more. It was only a survey done by /students/ anyways....

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

LMAO! This has got to be a joke? I wouldn't argue him being of the best marketing genius' in the world but comparing Steve Jobs to Einstein is just idiotic! He shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Einstein, Edison or Newton. The education system in the UK must be worse than what we have here in the USA, and that's saying a lot.
    Last edited by Go Gators; 05-09-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Thanks

Surpassing the likes of Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein, and even Thomas Edison

You shot who in the what now ?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

lol. When did Steve become an engineer? And even at that he couldn't beat out a guy that makes over-priced fans and vacuum cleaners?

Steve may be a smart man, but he's nowhere near the likes of Newton, Einstein, and Edison. He can't be the person single-handedly responsible for Apple's innovative products and success. I'm sure there's an army of REAL engineers and advisors that present their ideas to Steve for his approval. That does not make him a genius.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What's next? Steve Jobs becomes People Magazine's Sexiest Man Ever To Exist In The History of The Universe?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to RICO_ For This Useful Post:

Colby21 (05-09-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wow. I did not even know Jobs and Gates were engineers. And I am almost certain, the Einstein was a theoretical physicist, but I might be mistaken.

Personally, my votes would be for IKB and Tesla, different fields but both made contributions of EPIC proportions.

Dweeb

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    This is stupid. Now i have no respect for at least 900 British engineers.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There are at least 100 individuals that have made a much larger and more significant contribution to the fields of engineering and physics than Jobs... I'm serious, at least 100.

Also, here is another useless and subjective article which has nothign to do with modifying my iphone. They should change the name of the website to, "uselessapplerumorsandnewsbyessany.com"

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    What's next? Steve Jobs becomes People Magazine's Sexiest Man Ever To Exist In The History of The Universe?
    Maybe not, but trying to show his importance so Jobs can get knighted maybe?
    He already missed Prince William's wedding, trying to get knighted so he can make Harry's wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    There are at least 100 individuals that have made a much larger and more significant contribution to the fields of engineering and physics than Jobs... I'm serious, at least 100.
    My guess is at least a couple thousand just this year without including anybody in history, and that is a conservative guess...
    Last edited by unison999; 05-09-2011 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

To tell the truth, I would put him behind Einstein, edison and probably gates
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cpotoso View Post
    Truly pathetic compilation of useless data.

On the other hand, I'm going to school for chemical engineering! :P

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post

Also, here is another useless and subjective article which has nothign to do with modifying my iphone. They should change the name of the website to, "uselessapplerumorsandnewsbyessany.com"
    GROW UP, THERE IS A COLUMN IN NEWS PAPERS CALLED THE GOSSIP OR JUST FUN STORIES LIKE THIS!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

This is what technology has done to this generation. They clearly don't know much bout what early science has done to the modern world. We pretty much hav our technology because of Einstein n Edison

Green Apple
    Thanks

Hey Essany, just 'cause one website posted an article about this doesn't mean you have to follow suit. I really hope you will be able to differentiate between valuable, interesting news and biased, skewed jargon the next time you decide to forward other websites' articles.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Umm those people made great feats in science that changed the way we understand our world. Steve Jobs made Macbooks and iPhones/iPod's/iPad that changed the way we watch pr0n. Does that really constitute as a greater accomplishment than the REAL geniuses?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Drink the koolaid. Drink the koolaid.

Thanks

An Idea guy, is NOT an engineer! Granted, he has a great mind, and always was a man of vision. But give me a break here. He is no scientist, nor an engineer. So this ranking amongst top minds in science and engineering, it complete bullish**!

iPhone? More like MyPhone <(O)> Device's Avatar
    Thanks
    Congrats señor jobs

Thanks

To my American friends. Please know that England is in a sorry place right now. Our biggest celebs are a singer (ms cole) who can't sing and a dirty woman called katie price and a chat show host (jeremey kyle) who pulls in more viewers than most shows, prob only beaten by essex. Do not believe anything that come out of this once great nation because clearly this news by some of our smartest is clearly disturbing. Jobs is the man but "sucker please"

Thanks

Default wtf?!
    what a gross insult to einstein and the intelligence of the public. I'd like to see Jobs understand one tenth of the concepts behind the theory of relativity.