+ Reply
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I believe it's a misconception that Mac users are snobby just bc they'd prefer to spend money on a Mac than spend some on a PC and save the rest.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I believe it's a misconception that Mac users are snobby just bc they'd prefer to spend money on a Mac than spend some on a PC and save the rest. I could say the same about PC buyers. Mac users are just defending themselves the same as a PC user would defend him/herself. It just looks bad on a Mac user bc Macs cost more therefore automatically deeming people as "snobby."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I already live in hawaii so ill stick with the Mac.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to stylingsq01 For This Useful Post:

feidhlim1986 (05-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

The greatest problem in most of these arguments is that pc people just don't get it. Keep replacing the "superior machines" every three years then buy a Mac. Two years ago, a man brought an Apple 2e into an apple store because he wanted a bigger hd. That comp was over two decades old. Apple sells long-lasting solutions. What's under the hood doesn't matter at all because the os runs correctly.
    In this regard:

Apple = BMW
    PC = Ford

Sure the mustang may be faster, but in three years time, I'd put money that the Beamer still drives like new.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I believe it's a misconception that Mac users are snobby just bc they'd prefer to spend money on a Mac than spend some on a PC and save the rest. I could say the same about PC buyers. Mac users are just defending themselves the same as a PC user would defend him/herself. It just looks bad on a Mac user bc Macs cost more therefore automatically deeming people as "snobby."
    From my experience most Mac users have spent a lot of time using Windows, but very few Windows's users have spent much time, if any, using Mac's and Mac OS X.

Many use the fact that it might take a little time to get used to any new OS as a failing of some sort.

I use both Mac OS X and Windows 7. Neither OS is perfect and neither OS alone does what I need it to do. Both have their uses, their pluses and their minuses.

These Mac Vs PC, Xbox Vs PS3, iPhone Vs Android or whatever "debates" (and I use the term loosely) only end up doing one thing, and that's fueling stupidity, arrogance and ignorance. Very few people it seems can actually have a normal discussion about two rivaling things without becoming fanboys that are both blind to their own things failings and also un-accepting of their competitors superiorities. That goes for both sides of the coin.
    Last edited by feidhlim1986; 05-08-2011 at 05:07 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (05-09-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    From my experience most Mac users have spent a lot of time using Windows, but very few Windows's users have spent much time, if any, using Mac's and Mac OS X.

Many use the fact that it might take a little time to get used to any new OS as a failing of some sort.

I use both Mac OS X and Windows 7. Neither OS is perfect and neither OS alone does what I need it to do. Both have their uses, their pluses and their minuses.

These Mac Vs PC, Xbox Vs PS3, iPhone Vs Android or whatever "debates" (and I use the term loosely) only end up doing one thing, and that's fueling stupidity, arrogance and ignorance. Very few people it seems can actually have a normal discussion about two rivaling things without becoming fanboys that are both blind to their own things failings and also un-accepting of their competitors superiorities. That goes for both sides of the coin.
    You know, I have to completely agree with you. I am exactly what you described. I've spent my whole life on Windows and recently switched to Mac (loving it). I still use Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro for school and for personal use just bc some things work better on PC and some things are better on a Mac. I would much rather run Windows on a Mac than use a Hackintosh. It's a lot easier to get Windows on a Mac than vice versa anyhow for the most optimal performance.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by i.Annie View Post
    I don't think people who own macs are "snobby". I sell Pc's and Macs all day. It's the arrogance of the Mac company themselves. They show it in their commercials. The Mac VS. PC commercials. Also the new iPhone commercials "If it's not an iPhone"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

yeah if its not an iPhone its an iPod touch

Banned
    Thanks

Forget about Mac and Windows. Real tech savvy people know Ubuntu is where it's at. Even with some programs (like iTunes) not being built for Linux theres many alternatives to those programs. Linux > all.

Thanks

I also have Ubuntu booted via VMware on my MBP

I hate the rivalry. I think it's all dumb. But that's how competition goes I guess.

Thanks

Like mentioned before it's a matter of preference. It mainly what you like or are comfortable with. Personally I don't care for either one give me a Linux box and I'm happy. My i7 has gentoo running on it with slackware partition, windows 7 partition and osx partition so it's essentially a quad boot. Think I've been in windows once in past couple of months and osx like twice in two weeks. The reason for the Linux is because that's all we use at work (behind the scenes) gotta love it.

Ubuntu is a beginners Linux by the way. There are way better distros out there. Just not as windowy as ubuntu but way more powerful.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IXAdamOwnzXI View Post
    Forget about Mac and Windows. Real tech savvy people know Ubuntu is where it's at. Even with some programs (like iTunes) not being built for Linux theres many alternatives to those programs. Linux > all.
    I do like to use my Ubuntu VM every once and a while. Used it primarily for college stuff, cos the college PC's run only Ubuntu.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Why oh why when there is some PC vs MAC debate do the Mac-fanboys mention the bluescreen death? Im a PC user and never had a bluescreen since windows 95! Its just a lame excuse or 'justification' for their fanboy-ness. My ipod touch has crashed multiple times however, serious on some occasions, so should I use that comment everytime??? If Apple got off their high horses and made things 'real' rather than relying on fanboys dry humping in an apple store over the genus bench over looks and specs, then they may gain more considerable ground over MS as they come back down to earth and what the 'common user' not some savvy nerd wants from a machine...they are the bread and butter of the pc purchases.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youngone305 View Post
    Windows pcs suck! Alway and error are a blue screen
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaEduX View Post
    Aww mate, do some research first...

According to Wikipedia, Postal 2 runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.

All the games above can be ran natively using CrossOver Games.

Link to more than 100 native Mac Games? Steam. Welcome to Steam
    Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    When did the measure of a computer's worth become it's gaming catalogue? If you're buying a computer to "pwn some noobs", then get a PC. But I'm an adult, so I buy Mac.
    Thanx
    Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Free Sign

The Family iPhone 2G , iPhone 3G ,Iphone 3Gs , Iphone 4
    13" MacBook ( Black )

Thanks

I build computers all the time, never built a Mac. It seems to me Mac's are for people that just want it to work. For them that's great but for me a PC is best. You can do a lot more with PC Program's Game's. Less expensive in every way. Mac's can get hacked just as easy as a PC. Safari was just hacked. It's just the way it is.
    Always a PC never a Mac.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jius View Post
    Why oh why when there is some PC vs MAC debate do the Mac-fanboys mention the bluescreen death?
    Why when there's a PC vs MAC topic, the PC fanboys mention the price of a Mac? You like your PC, I like my Mac. They're both flawed in their own ways. Don't matter if you like my computer or if I don't like yours, as long as we like our own it's all good.

Thanks

It doesn't matter which one is better it's what people are willing to pay for.

Most people buy a Apple product because everyone else is and same goes for a PC. Really each it all comes down to what you need it for. Me I own both but rather have a PC since you can upgrade with out paying a arm and a leg.
    Last edited by XFaega; 05-08-2011 at 05:56 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MegaEduX View Post
    Aww mate, do some research first...

According to Wikipedia, Postal 2 runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.

All the games above can be ran natively using CrossOver Games.

Link to more than 100 native Mac Games? Steam. Welcome to Steam
    A game that's running through CrossOver isn't running natively.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by XFaega View Post
    It doesn't matter which one is better it's what people are willing to pay for.
    True. It also doesn't make you superior or inferior depending on which one you paid for. As long as you're happy.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

MacBook is overpriced when compare with PC in the same performance. I've just got my Dell XPS 17 i7 2nd Gen fully loaded with BD Burner 3gb Video Card 1080P 3D Display, etc. for $1,400. Never had a blue screen for a long times since Vista & Windows 7.

Has to admit that MacBook looks sleeker & sexier.
    Last edited by Ikemann888; 05-08-2011 at 06:12 PM.

Thanks

Not trying to argue, but it's not the same performance. It seems like it, but it isn't. Purely based on using the Mac and not the numbers and specs...that's what counts.