+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by dale1v Call of Duty is the exact opposite of revolutionary. You will notice that since CoD 4, nothing has really changed. Killstreaks and perks with new maps
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Call of Duty is the exact opposite of revolutionary. You will notice that since CoD 4, nothing has really changed. Killstreaks and perks with new maps and a new skin, year in, year out. You can blatantly see the lack of workmanship in these games (bugs, exploits galore!), simply because Activision demand that they rush it out in time for the next hype cycle. And the community, oh God, the community.
    This post just restored all of my hope for the future of mankind. Seriously.
    Neo Style by k.nitsua....early front runner for THEME OF THE YEAR

Now in a dead heat with liveOS c/o bluemetal....

Let us all welcome the newest fighter to the TOTY ring...iNavHD c/o reeco

Thanks

Well, I'll agree that we ALL have some things in common. We all love the technologiez. I'm Mac, period. I game on an XBOX and HATE RPGs of any sort. Not into level 7 mana spells from my elf witch. But opinions are like A holes, huh? Luckily for me, mine is perfect, correct and smells of fine linens.....

Whatever works for the next man is fine by me. No one here is gonna change any minds. Lets keep it cool and have some lulz.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I'm an adult and I love games and performance. My pc is upgradable and I love that. Macs have great built quality and great performance. Both are great just personal preference is all that matters here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lime zero one For This Useful Post:

Jahooba (05-08-2011)

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Macs will have a resale value, PC's don't.

MBP has a backlit keyboard, had the best webcam, big battery, thin, sexy, Multitouch trackpad, a prettier OS and a nice shiny Apple logo that lights up.

PC is cheap parts in a crappy plastic case.

MBP is high end parts in a sexy aluminium body with the cool factor and great resale values.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    U r calling that guy juvenile?

If you want a REAL gaming experience, get a flatscreen, a couch, and an Xbox 360. Then get black ops, portal 2, or mw2.
    As soon as I saw MW2 and Blops, this post was fail.
    Either way a PS3 has some true 1080p games with 5.1 surround sound.
    A flatscreen TV, it has to be a decent one with high contrast ratios and deep black levels with low input lag.
    Last edited by MetallicaFan1991; 05-08-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

That's true.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,698 Times in 839 Posts

They should compare specs on a similarly priced Mac to, say, an Alienware laptop, or some monster Dell configuration. That's when the true savings really stand out.

Frankly, Microsoft is not a hardware company (aside from the now-defunct Zune), so these jabs they're taking at Apple are 'free'. It's no skin off Microsoft's back, and it makes people more aware of the cost, which Apple has no response to.

It's a good strategy, I'd say. Microsoft isn't being mean or rude about it, either - they're simply pointing out the cost by putting it in perspective. Apple, on the other hand, ran a bunch of jerky ads that tried to make PC users look like dorky, pudgy geeks compared to Apple's hip & young. A misconception that's borderline propaganda, and well within the bounds of class warfare.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

This debate is always stupid and snark filled for no reason, I've read a person that called themselves an "adult" because they own a Mac. Lol. C'mon.

If you judge someone by the type of computer they buy, your likely not grown nor a "man" at all.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sykeck View Post
    i think its wrong to compare just hardware specs and price. there ar also a few other things. for example you gat the best trackpad on the macbook, a far better ips screen and a better case.
    Agreed

My iPhone is a Part of Me hitman10's Avatar
    Thanks

lol. but it is true about the quality of pc. I bought a mac 5 years ago.. It lasted up until feb of this year when i went out and bought the new MBP... my buddy around the same time bought a PC for rougly $1200 desktop.
    long story short.. his computer lasted about 2 years before some major problems started to occur.. he talked a lot about some blue screen of death.. and that his loading time is ****. and how he wish he got a mac because you can run parallels or bootcamp.. then i asked him where's his boot camp? and then i corrected my self and said oops its called hackintosh.. hackintosh? wtf.. y would you install something thats not made for your computer and not properly written to work on your computer. Even now he has a beast of a computer built it himself spent about $2500 all the specs on his computer beats mine except his monther board.. and for some reason my mac boots quicker.. laster longer.. flash = fail and battery/ram stealer. but since you can run anything that a PC has on your mac.. go for a little of both worlds.

Fish are friends, not food!
    Neither is Slow Internet.

Thanks
    PC or Mac...do you want to nail the the sleazy, virus infested, cheap trick or do you want to nail her Hot, disease free sister? ...before I switched from PC to Mac back in '04, I went through 3 Dells and 1 HP in 1 freaking year! The Black MacBook 13" I got back in late '04 is STILL humming along...virus free...breakdown free! You want to throw money away: buy a PC!
    "The Sun never sets on being a BadAss...-Me

12. The Following User Says Thank You to gravion17 For This Useful Post:

c0dy (05-08-2011)

Thanks

I just love how you can tell who the fan boys are..
    iRepair Indy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to iRepairIndy For This Useful Post:

holygamer22 (05-08-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    Call of Duty is the exact opposite of revolutionary. You will notice that since CoD 4, nothing has really changed. Killstreaks and perks with new maps and a new skin, year in, year out. You can blatantly see the lack of workmanship in these games (bugs, exploits galore!), simply because Activision demand that they rush it out in time for the next hype cycle. And the community, oh God, the community. A truly horrid franchise.

Anyway we are off subject.

That it is not.

JailbreakGenius, wow lol.
    Dude, they had an 18 MONTH deadline. 18 freaking months of R&D, and you shun them? What do you expect? Each has a new and unique campaign, new guns from different eras. Killstreaks Didn't change much from mw2 to black ops, but the campaign limited the choices.

The campaign was a work of art. Te creative genius who came up with the storyline deserves a gold medal.

I doubt u have even played it.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Pump your brakes there, braggadocious. I have a Mac. I was talking about purpose built gaming PCs. IMO they are usually ugly and are massive wastes of cash. I'm 110% pro Mac here, dude.
    Braggadocious!!! WHAT THE F&@K!!!

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by creasy425 View Post
    This post just restored all of my hope for the future of mankind. Seriously.
    Cod is amazing, don't listen to that ubernoob

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MetallicaFan1991 View Post
    Macs will have a resale value, PC's don't.

MBP has a backlit keyboard, had the best webcam, big battery, thin, sexy, Multitouch trackpad, a prettier OS and a nice shiny Apple logo that lights up.

PC is cheap parts in a crappy plastic case.

MBP is high end parts in a sexy aluminium body with the cool factor and great resale values.

As soon as I saw MW2 and Blops, this post was fail.
    Either way a PS3 has some true 1080p games with 5.1 surround sound.
    A flatscreen TV, it has to be a decent one with high contrast ratios and deep black levels with low input lag.
    PS3? Do I even need to say anything? Did u falloff the earth and come back 2 weeks later? DID U MISS THE WHOLE PS3/SONY/PSN CRISIS??? HOW ABOUT GEOHOT???

Thanks

Oh, sorry i must have misread what you said. My apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Pump your brakes there, braggadocious. I have a Mac. I was talking about purpose built gaming PCs. IMO they are usually ugly and are massive wastes of cash. I'm 110% pro Mac here, dude.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    They should compare specs on a similarly priced Mac to, say, an Alienware laptop, or some monster Dell configuration. That's when the true savings really stand out.

Frankly, Microsoft is not a hardware company (aside from the now-defunct Zune), so these jabs they're taking at Apple are 'free'. It's no skin off Microsoft's back, and it makes people more aware of the cost, which Apple has no response to.

It's a good strategy, I'd say. Microsoft isn't being mean or rude about it, either - they're simply pointing out the cost by putting it in perspective. Apple, on the other hand, ran a bunch of jerky ads that tried to make PC users look like dorky, pudgy geeks compared to Apple's hip & young. A misconception that's borderline propaganda, and well within the bounds of class warfare.
    And they made PCs look fat, lmao

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hitman10 View Post
    lol. but it is true about the quality of pc. I bought a mac 5 years ago.. It lasted up until feb of this year when i went out and bought the new MBP... my buddy around the same time bought a PC for rougly $1200 desktop.
    long story short.. his computer lasted about 2 years before some major problems started to occur.. he talked a lot about some blue screen of death.. and that his loading time is ****. and how he wish he got a mac because you can run parallels or bootcamp.. then i asked him where's his boot camp? and then i corrected my self and said oops its called hackintosh.. hackintosh? wtf.. y would you install something thats not made for your computer and not properly written to work on your computer. Even now he has a beast of a computer built it himself spent about $2500 all the specs on his computer beats mine except his monther board.. and for some reason my mac boots quicker.. laster longer.. flash = fail and battery/ram stealer. but since you can run anything that a PC has on your mac.. go for a little of both worlds.
    Boot times on the Mac are faster cuz all the essentials are stored on a ssd

Thanks

My G73JH Dual Boot Windows 7 & Snow Leopard.

/thread
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings-computer.jpg  

Thanks

i am not biased either way, i own pcs and macs

both great

one thing i have found is for my elderley folks i get hassled a LOT less for tech support when they are using apple stuff

user friendlyness for non geeks>PC!
    iDevice-less, for once. flirting with Andy Roid atm, looking to rekindle romance if the right handset comes along

+ Reply
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast