Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Thank you! How in the wide world of f*ck is a GROWN *** MAN gonna drop 1-3k to play vidya games? Someone needs a nice hot bowl of grow the f*ck up.
    Lmao

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by youngone305 View Post
    Windows pcs suck! Alway and error are a blue screen
    My pc works just fine...no bsod or errors :/

Don't be narrow minded.
    No confundas mi personalidad con mi actitud. Mi personalidad es quien soy yo, mi actitud depende de quien seas tú.

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You must be a child to make a comment like that. While the oldest generations may not play games, anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's grew up with computers around and they still play games today and this trend will only continue.

Just so you know, you won't suddenly wake up some day, be grown-up and boring with no interests.
    I kind of have to disagree with that, my sister went through that transformation, lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    When did the measure of a computer's worth become it's gaming catalogue? If you're buying a computer to "pwn some noobs", then get a PC. But I'm an adult, so I buy Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Great point
    It's a terrible point. This would imply that a PC built for gaming could only game. But that's not true. The gaming industry is a massive one, and to dismiss it as just for kids is shamefully narrow minded and juvenile.

I've read through all these posts, and oh God some of you have brought me one step closer to irreparable brain damage. Jailbreakgenius, I actually had to hold my head against a wall to stop it from exploding. Your comment about Macs not being outdated for *that period* of time is simply the silliest thing I've read all day. And where I am, it's not even midday yet.
    When I bought my Macbook Pro in summer 2009, it was outdated.
    Last edited by dale1v; 05-08-2011 at 04:52 AM.
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

So this is Microsoft is essentially saying:

Buy a crap computer.

Blow your savings on a 1 day trip to hawaii, if that's even possible with the savings.

A round plane trip, hotel, dining, water rentals, beach fees, and a tour would be my expenses for a trip to Hawaii, and the difference between a $400 Windows and a $1000 Mac would definitely not cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by dale1v View Post
    It's a terrible point. This would imply that a PC built for gaming could only game. But that's not true. The gaming industry is a massive one, and to dismiss it as just for kids is shamefully narrow minded and juvenile.
    U r calling that guy juvenile?

If you want a REAL gaming experience, get a flatscreen, a couch, and an Xbox 360. Then get black ops, portal 2, or mw2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

So your saying that your 2 year old laptop has better cpu, ram, video compared to new macbook line which has quad core i7 processor, 1333Mhz DDR3 ram, solid state drives, and 1GB GDDR5 video? I highly doubt that! Also with mac's you get quality! not a system which breaks down after 3 years, nor do you have to reformat your system whenever there is a problem! do i need to say more?

Quote Originally Posted by xzero View Post
    PC>Mac anyday. I bought mine for $1000 two years ago, and its specs still beat out the new macbook pro line that came out last month. Better graphics, more RAM, LARGER HD, LARGER SCREEN, MORE USB PORTS, BLU RAY, do I need to say more? OVERALL A LOT FASTER! And it is a beast..runs Call of Duty MW2 like a god.

"where would they get their best ideas from if it weren’t for Apple?" well where would apple be if microsoft didn't help them and apple's "ideas" isn't something that makes windows so much better or really makes it different at all plus to the first guy error and bluescreen??? when was the last time you used a windows pc???

i don't believe u people reformat your system wtf???? i fix alot of windows pcs and i've seen what the worst is yet i never had to reformat there's always things like restore from restore points
    Last edited by iggybibi; 05-08-2011 at 04:55 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by iggybibi View Post
    "where would they get their best ideas from if it weren’t for Apple?" well where would apple be if microsoft didn't help them and apple's "ideas" isn't something that makes windows so much better or really makes it different at all plus to the first guy error and bluescreen??? when was the last time you used a windows pc???
    If ur gonna write something that u want ppl to read, a nice period here and there might help.

Windows crash after 2 yrs. Mine had errors and bluescreen. I decided I had enough of microsofts bullsh!t and bought an iMac, which I have yet to have an issue.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds more like you can't afford a Mac and are bashing it for that reason. 1-3K? The MacBook line is priced from 1-2K.

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Thank you! How in the wide world of f*ck is a GROWN *** MAN gonna drop 1-3k to play vidya games? Someone needs a nice hot bowl of grow the f*ck up.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    U r calling that guy juvenile?

If you want a REAL gaming experience, get a flatscreen, a couch, and an Xbox 360. Then get black ops, portal 2, or mw2.
    I didn't call him juvenile, read it again.
    I have an xbox 360 (it's cheap, 5 year old hardware), yes I have a flatscreen. I also have all three of those games on my PC, and Black Ops and MW2 are simply two of the worst games I've ever bought.

What exactly are you trying to get at here?
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Sounds more like you can't afford a Mac and are bashing it for that reason. 1-3K? The MacBook line is priced from 1-2K.
    He is just saying about video games. And a MBP could cost 3000, as could in iMac

My iPhone is a Part of Me keenpois0n's Avatar
    Thanks

Black Ops and MW2 are simply two of the worst games I've ever bought.
    what are you into? bratz go to hollywood lol? how could you not like cod..it's revolutionary!

I didn't call him juvenile, read it again.
    I have an xbox 360 (it's cheap, 5 year old hardware), yes I have a flatscreen. I also have all three of those games on my PC, and Black Ops and MW2 are simply two of the worst games I've ever bought.

What exactly are you trying to get at here?
    PC gaming is not as good as 360 gaming. The Xbox controller fits your hand for comfort, and has only the buttons you need.

PC has all the keys laid out in a strange way, making it hard to reach all the keys, with arrow keys versus a 360 joystick. Notice the joy in the stick, lol

Quote Originally Posted by keenpois0n View Post
    what are you into? bratz go to hollywood lol? how could you not like cod..it's revolutionary!
    Totally agree, a great quality game with better graphics. U can shoot a fire hydrant, and water comes out! Almost no other games have that level of INTRICATE DETAIL

This isnt a game discussion

Thanks

Call of Duty is the exact opposite of revolutionary. You will notice that since CoD 4, nothing has really changed. Killstreaks and perks with new maps and a new skin, year in, year out. You can blatantly see the lack of workmanship in these games (bugs, exploits galore!), simply because Activision demand that they rush it out in time for the next hype cycle. And the community, oh God, the community. A truly horrid franchise.

Anyway we are off subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timstanley View Post
    This isnt a game discussion
    That it is not.

JailbreakGenius, wow lol.
    Last edited by dale1v; 05-08-2011 at 05:14 AM.
    [/RIGHT]

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Think about it.
    There are millions of games for the PC.
    There are millions of apps for the PC.
    There are now a handful of games for the Mac.
    There are limited apps for the Mac.
    The PC is cheaper.
    The Mac is expensive.

The smart people get a PC.
    Clones get a Mac.

Now you decide.
    Decision made....

PC: : choice of mass
    Mac : choice of class..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by therockk View Post
    Pump your brakes there, braggadocious. I have a Mac. I was talking about purpose built gaming PCs. IMO they are usually ugly and are massive wastes of cash. I'm 110% pro Mac here, dude.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

i fix alot of windows pcs and i've seen what the worst is yet i never had to reformat there's always things like restore from restore points
    That's why we buy mac's. Lol we don't need this

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast