+ Reply
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by NakedFaerie Think about it. There are millions of games for the PC. There are millions of apps for the PC. There are now a handful of games
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Think about it.
    There are millions of games for the PC.
    There are millions of apps for the PC.
    There are now a handful of games for the Mac.
    There are limited apps for the Mac.
    The PC is cheaper.
    The Mac is expensive.

The smart people get a PC.
    Clones get a Mac.

Now you decide.
    Yep, and 3 PCs later, my Mac will still be running and have value. Hell, I could sell my 7 year old G5 PPC for about $600. Can you even sell a 7 year old PC?

Clones, huh? The 90% group are smart free thinking scientist geniuses and the 10% group are dummy clone retards? With that logic, I'd get further debating a white dog turd.

And, Hackintosh? Better than Lackintosh, I suppose. For my cash, I'll take the sexy *** aluminum Apple product, thank you.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

iSteed (05-08-2011), lfc_ (05-08-2011), MetallicaFan1991 (05-08-2011), moon#pie (05-08-2011), therockk (05-08-2011), zauriel (05-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

while i love my mbp, i don't consider it a far better product than my custom built PC....both have their merits. this apple vs. MS is just like the AMD vs. Intel fanboys.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to chile7236 For This Useful Post:

slickric (05-08-2011)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    When did the measure of a computer's worth become it's gaming catalogue? If you're buying a computer to "pwn some noobs", then get a PC. But I'm an adult, so I buy Mac.
    Thank you! How in the wide world of f*ck is a GROWN *** MAN gonna drop 1-3k to play vidya games? Someone needs a nice hot bowl of grow the f*ck up.
    iPhone 4 to Android directly back to iPhone 4. I learned my lesson and will never leave iOS again.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

c0dy (05-08-2011), quidam_brujah (05-09-2011)

that ad didn't sell me one bit, look at the imac comparison for there 27inch, the closest competitor was 100$ less!!! and has a 4inch smaller screen. the only thing the imac is lacking is bluray but i stream everything so who cares! the imac is the best all in one. it is where quality meets price.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iSteed's Avatar
    Thanks

Who would have thought this article would have started a flame war...lol :0
    My personal opinion is I have had pc all my life and I believe it's like some one before me just said... It's not just the hardware that should be compared. What about the complete package?? A full unibody aluminum enclosure and a glass screen with 7 hour battery life and the best operating system out there... Show me an all metal enclosed windows machine for the same price as my 1200 MacBook pro. I won't even list all the various bs associated to dealing with the windows operating system. Sure... No doubt you can get a powerful and cheap windows machine but for me.... Buying a MacBook was the best decision I ever made.

Yours truly, rob. (AKA Blind apple fanboi) lol

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iSteed For This Useful Post:

reznor9 (05-08-2011), ShredNasty (05-08-2011), zturn13 (05-08-2011)

Thanks

Hawaii would be nice, but the headaches would come back after the trip.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to DeathDude For This Useful Post:

DisneyRicky (05-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Apple products are just insanely overprized! You have to spend $1000 more to get the same specs you could get on a pc.
    But i would get a mbp if i could afford one.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Thank you! How in the wide world of f*ck is a GROWN *** MAN gonna drop 1-3k to play vidya games? Someone needs a nice hot bowl of grow the f*ck up.
    You must be a child to make a comment like that. While the oldest generations may not play games, anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's grew up with computers around and they still play games today and this trend will only continue.

Just so you know, you won't suddenly wake up some day, be grown-up and boring with no interests.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Who would have thought this article would have started a flame war...lol :0
    My personal opinion is I have had pc all my life and I believe it's like some one before me just said... It's not just the hardware that should be compared. What about the complete package?? A full unibody aluminum enclosure and a glass screen with 7 hour battery life and the best operating system out there... Show me an all metal enclosed windows machine for the same price as my 1200 MacBook pro. I won't even list all the various bs associated to dealing with the windows operating system. Sure... No doubt you can get a powerful and cheap windows machine but for me.... Buying a MacBook was the best decision I ever made.

Yours truly, rob. (AKA Blind apple fanboi) lol
    You almost had me sold, but then you lost me on the "best operating system" bit.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Although pcs have a lot advantages than macs (like most of you guys are saying) but clearly the Mac family does have something better than pc. Clearly, if you are planning to use the computer to play video games all day you can't go for a pc (try Alienware, you will love it ) but if you are planning on getting a well-rounded computer for use in ... like 4 or 5 years then get a Mac. It doesn't have as many software as the pcs but in time things will change. Apple has recently opened the Mac App Store, that maybe the point when problem about software on Mac is solved.

I have been using pc since I knew how to use a computer (of course) and I just recently got a mbp for university, in my opinion the mbp can do almost everything a pc can do, if there isn't a software for Mac OS you can use Sandbox to install Window XP, Vista, 7 blah blah on it to use the software you want (vice versa).

Though prices are the problem here but if you have the money, just go for the mac or pc (whichever you like - you can call me an apple fanboy if you want :P) and if you don't have enough, get a pc. Forget about Hawaii.

That's my opinion from an 18 years old.
    Hope you like it.
    Sorry about my English it's my second language!

Sent from my iPod touch using ModMyi

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You must be a child to make a comment like that. While the oldest generations may not play games, anyone who grew up in the 80's and 90's grew up with computers around and they still play games today and this trend will only continue.

Just so you know, you won't suddenly wake up some day, be grown-up and boring with no interests.
    1983 right here. I have an XBOX. But there is a huge difference in spending a few hundred and spending a few grand. I love my FPSs, but I'd rather take a backwards crap than spend THOUSANDS to play video games. My opinion, bruh. I have things like a daughter and a career and a home to worry about.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ShredNasty For This Useful Post:

c0dy (05-08-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

But it's Magical! You can't deny anything that's Magical.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

reznor9 (05-08-2011)

Banned
    Thanks

Think about it.
    There are millions of games for the PC.
    There are millions of apps for the PC.
    There are now a handful of games for the Mac.
    There are limited apps for the Mac.
    The PC is cheaper.
    The Mac is expensive.

The smart people get a PC.
    Clones get a Mac.

Now you decide.
    Wow, y don't u read the article first. Wiley SPECIFICALLY SAID that only people who care about what they get for their money will buy a Mac.

PC is cheap in more ways than just price. The average PC gets outdated in 3-6 months, and breaks down after 2 years. An iMac gets outdated 8-12 months, and that is if u buy the base model. iMacs have a 10 year life expectancy before they break down.

Also, PC's component quality is equal is lower than nuclear waste. With a poorly designed OS, PC's can't even run at their full potential, even though there really isn't any.

For gaming, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Roblox, and MineCraft are intense graphics and CPU processes, and their great PC games as well as Mac games. But think about this:

Would you rather enjoy the game on a nice big 27 screen, with 4Gigs of ram standard so you don't have to wait long load times?

Or would you rather use a 11 inch HP hunk of plastic, with loading times so slow you could run 10 marathons in a row, and after all that still be faster than the loading bar.

Trust me: I had Microsoft flight sim X for PC, and it's a great game. But I'm telling you, the loading times were cruel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    But it's Magical! You can't deny anything that's Magical.
    Scumbag Steve Jobs - say that the ipad 2 is a revolutionary p..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    Wow, y don't u read the article first. Wiley SPECIFICALLY SAID that only people who care about what they get for their money will buy a Mac.

PC is cheap in more ways than just price. The average PC gets outdated in 3-6 months, and breaks down after 2 years. An iMac gets outdated 8-12 months, and that is if u buy the base model. iMacs have a 10 year life expectancy before they break down.

Also, PC's component quality is equal is lower than nuclear waste. With a poorly designed OS, PC's can't even run at their full potential, even though there really isn't any.

For gaming, Microsoft Flight Simulator, Roblox, and MineCraft are intense graphics and CPU processes, and their great PC games as well as Mac games. But think about this:

Would you rather enjoy the game on a nice big 27 screen, with 4Gigs of ram standard so you don't have to wait long load times?

Or would you rather use a 11 inch HP hunk of plastic, with loading times so slow you could run 10 marathons in a row, and after all that still be faster than the loading bar.

Trust me: I had Microsoft flight sim X for PC, and it's a great game. But I'm telling you, the loading times were cruel.
    I'm sorry, WHAT?
    [RIGHT][LEFT][IMG]http://lookpic.com/i/470/QsIbAobp.jpeg[/IMG]
    [/LEFT][QUOTE]Microsoft owns the internet through Hotmail. The .HTML is short for Hotmail, so all .HTML files are MS files.[/QUOTE][URL="http://twitter.com/dale1v"][SIZE=2][COLOR=Cyan][I]twitter.com/dale1v[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL]
    [/RIGHT]

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale1v For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (05-08-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone spider_romeo's Avatar
    Thanks

I buy Mac and go to Hawaii....

Banned
    Thanks

Ok, example. Show me a link to unreal tournament on Mac.
    Show me a link to COD Modern Warfare 2 on Mac.
    Show me a link to Postal 2 on Mac. (Postal 2 not Portal 2)
    Show me a link to Duke Nukem 3D on Mac.
    Show me a link to Operation Flashpoint on Mac.

Want links to them on PC? I can give you thousands and thats only 5 games. There are millions of PC games out there but there are not millions of Mac games. If your lucky there will be 1000 or so games on Mac...

BTW, I said MAC games NOT iPhone games.
    Anyone who plays POSTAL 2 probably isn't someone we should listen to. Duke Nukem? WTF is the correct response.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by c0dy View Post
    When did the measure of a computer's worth become it's gaming catalogue? If you're buying a computer to "pwn some noobs", then get a PC. But I'm an adult, so I buy Mac.
    Great point

27. The Following User Says Thank You to TheJailbreakGenius For This Useful Post:

c0dy (05-08-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smoelge View Post
    Apple products are just insanely overprized! You have to spend $1000 more to get the same specs you could get on a pc.
    But i would get a mbp if i could afford one.
    Haha 'its way too expensive for what it is but i still want it.'

IMHO both have their merits depending on what you intend to use it for. For anyone who is only using price to justify choise, do you carry this logic through life and only wear $10 shirts from kmart as opposed to something more expensive which 'does the same thing' but likely feels more comfy, fits better and lasts longer? Do you only buy cheap tv's from radioshack rather than a sony for example 'because it does the same thing'

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShredNasty View Post
    Yep, and 3 PCs later, my Mac will still be running and have value. Hell, I could sell my 7 year old G5 PPC for about $600. Can you even sell a 7 year old PC?

Clones, huh? The 90% group are smart free thinking scientist geniuses and the 10% group are dummy clone retards? With that logic, I'd get further debating a white dog turd.

And, Hackintosh? Better than Lackintosh, I suppose. For my cash, I'll take the sexy *** aluminum Apple product, thank you.
    Lmao