+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
PC's are better because.. the government created apple to make pc user mad pc users are relaxed mac owners are soiled and think they know it all because they have
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    PC's are better because..
    the government created apple to make pc user mad
    pc users are relaxed mac owners are soiled and think they know it all because they have no idea how a computer runs "wow this mac looks expensive must be good mom buy this for me"
    LOL ima get chewed out for this bring it on!!!
    ps before u think ima stupid a** kid ima stuborn a**hat 16 year old who loves chaos

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

1) you seem to know it all, seems like.

2) I bought my own Mac

3) please watch your language. Though it is censored, this is a community that endorses inoffensive language.

4) I won't chew you out on this. It's just naïveté which can only be cured by time and growth.

5) if I'm too relaxed with this response, I'm sorry I'm not getting riled up by your non-credible response; because the response was purely opinionated and judgmental, it is not credible to get excited over.

Lastly, I value your opinion just as much as you value mine as a fellow human being

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I gotta give it to apple there. The aluminum bodies are very nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFaerie View Post
    Think about it.
    There are millions of games for the PC.
    There are millions of apps for the PC.
    There are now a handful of games for the Mac.
    There are limited apps for the Mac.
    The PC is cheaper.
    The Mac is expensive.

The smart people get a PC.
    Clones get a Mac.

Now you decide.
    Get a Mac, use Bootcamp or Parallels and run ****** Windows on your Mac, simultaneously, sharing all drives and data. Also, PCs are cheaper but you must get an antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-Trojan, anti-whateveryoucanthinkoff, and all are renewable every 90 days or yearly. Add to that the FACT that you must spend hours performing maintenance on a PC that Macs do on their own. On a Mac security is also included in the OS. And believe me, 98% of everyone I have ever met owning a PC don't know what defragmenting a drive is. So that is additional $$$ they have to spend to maintain their PCs in optimal conditions. In the end, you buy a cheaper PC that will end up priced about the same (after all the extras), plus the burden PCs really are to the technically untrained.

Thanks

And don't forget that UNIX is about 1000000000000000000000x better than DOS.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    And don't forget that UNIX is about 1000000000000000000000x better than DOS.
    This is so true but you are going to get people who say windows 7/vista/xp aren't dos but they have no clue. Essentially it is dos.

Quote Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
    I agree. I really wish my water-cooled PC didn't spring a leak and die. It was a great PC and the SLI ares I had were fast, yet my MBP is just as fast as that one was. I didn't have re best cards but it didn't do anything I can't do on my MBP just as well. I plan on building another custom PC soon since I can reuse the case and alot of other stuff, but for right now my MBP works great. I don't think it was a waste at all.
    See this guy is a gamer. He understands, liquid cooled been there done that. grew out of it I guess. I just didn't want to describe it all technical but essentially laptops are not made to hardcore game. You have a lot of barriers stopping you heat being one of the top ones especially for your CPU and GPU but hey what do I know right.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by defiantmacho View Post
    Get a Mac, use Bootcamp or Parallels and run ****** Windows on your Mac, simultaneously, sharing all drives and data. Also, PCs are cheaper but you must get an antivirus, anti-spyware, anti-Trojan, anti-whateveryoucanthinkoff, and all are renewable every 90 days or yearly. Add to that the FACT that you must spend hours performing maintenance on a PC that Macs do on their own. On a Mac security is also included in the OS. And believe me, 98% of everyone I have ever met owning a PC don't know what defragmenting a drive is. So that is additional $$$ they have to spend to maintain their PCs in optimal conditions. In the end, you buy a cheaper PC that will end up priced about the same (after all the extras), plus the burden PCs really are to the technically untrained.

Ever hear of Microsoft Security Essentials? It's free. And rated one of the best antiviruses. Malwarebytes? Also free. Although, I guess it's really tough to use another free program, Auslogics Disk Defragmenter and schedule it to run at times you know you won't be on the computer. And, I do have to admit, CCleaner(yet another free program), does take almost 4 minutes to clean the registry.

As far as laptops that don't game, apparently, what do you know? Mine does a great job(Asus g71gx), Alienware does a stellar job, and maybe if you have time, you might want to learn what Clevo/Sager is. Most of my games will run maxed settings at 50+ fps.
    Last edited by spice_weasel; 05-11-2011 at 05:31 AM.

Thanks

Thanks

Huh, that was a fun read. Found it to only be 10% true of me on the Mac side. Had more in common with the PC side lol. Wonder if those stats are realistic.

Thanks

They're not. Simply generalizations. Still mildly interesting though.

Thanks

Lol I figured. Good for some giggles.

Thanks

Mac users seem to be much more mature than PC users. For instance, how many "Mac vs. PC" images do you see that actually are in favor of a Mac? I've seen non. Apple's "Get a Mac" commercials were the closest thing to that; even then it was all truth!

Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzsH5z1PqRU]YouTube - EVGA SR-2 HACKINTOSH: 24 Cores of Devastation[/ame]

Nothing like slow PC hardware, huh?

+ Reply
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314