+ Reply
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 273

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I assume you are talking about PC's? If so... For instance I bought a HP DV7T Quad i7 a year ago (customized to my specs) and just about every piece
...
  1. #201
    iPhoneaholic Dayvidpriddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    380
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 20 Times in 19 Posts

    I assume you are talking about PC's? If so...

    For instance I bought a HP DV7T Quad i7 a year ago (customized to my specs) and just about every piece of hardware choices that was available was not available when customizing a MacBook Pro (including no 1080p screen or Blu-ray), yet Apple wanted almost 3,500.00 (including the warranty for it!) That's nuts!

    I'm not knocking Apple but their prices are ridiculous and that will always keep me from converting.

    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Games? I'd like to know too.
    Maybe I was confused man...I thought you meant computers vers Windows and Apple. Apples mobile products are superior because they are beauty and easy to operate (iPod, iPhone, etc.) Even before they started with their first mobile product the iPod, they still stunk in the computer market just as they do today. It wasn't until they started with their mobile products that really put them on the map.
    Last edited by Dayvidpriddy; 05-08-2011 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Don't hold it like that!"

  2. #202
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    I assume you are talking about PC's? If so...

    For instance I bought a HP DV7T Quad i7 a year ago (customized to my specs) and just about every piece of hardware choices that was available was not available when customizing a MacBook Pro (including no 1080p screen or Blu-ray), yet Apple wanted almost 3,500.00 (including the warranty for it!) That's nuts!

    I'm not knocking Apple but their prices are ridiculous and that will always keep me from converting.
    You said that Apple does mobile better. I am asking what part of mobile that Apple does better. Their mobile products are not the cheapest device possible and they certainly do not have the best specs on the market. That being said, what is it about an iDevice that makes it better than the competition?


    Quote Originally Posted by Dayvidpriddy View Post
    Maybe I was confused man...I thought you meant computers vers Windows and Apple. Apples mobile products are superior because they are beauty and easy to operate (iPod, iPhone, etc.) Even before they started with their first mobile product the iPod, they still stunk in the computer market just as they do today. It wasn't until they started with their mobile products that really put them on the map.

    So based on that, its fair to say that its a matter of price that really is an issue for most people when considering a mac? For most mac owners, we feel the same way you feel about your iPhone. We feel that while we are not getting the best specs or price, we are getting a superior product because of the beauty and ease of operation.

    To be honest, I love my iPhone so much that I would be willing to pay even more for it. If Apple increased the price of iPhone 5 by $100, I would still gladly pay it. So the thought of dropping 3k on a MBP is not an issue for me.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 05-08-2011 at 07:54 PM.

  3. #203
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Colby21 View Post
    ummmm my M3 would smoke a mustang
    I'd be willing to try that in a straight line.. Course, my mustang is an 88, so over time, a few parts had to be changed. But a 1/4 run against an m3 would be a lot of fun for me.

  4. #204
    iPhone Underground A3gOwner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Underground
    Posts
    1,172
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 117 Times in 110 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by spice_weasel View Post
    I'd be willing to try that in a straight line.. Course, my mustang is an 88, so over time, a few parts had to be changed. But a 1/4 run against an m3 would be a lot of fun for me.
    Me too. I've got a 2001 mustang svt cobra and I dont think an m3 would run with it. I just sold my 87 5.0 gt and am kicking myself for it. I bought a '69 mgb midget to replace it, just not the same.

  5. #205
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 16 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by A3gOwner View Post
    Me too. I've got a 2001 mustang svt cobra and I dont think an m3 would run with it. I just sold my 87 5.0 gt and am kicking myself for it. I bought a '69 mgb midget to replace it, just not the same.
    No, not quite. I really like the 99 and 01 cobra, but if I had the money, my buddy is selling an 03 cobra converted over to a t76. Bottom end knock, but he only wants 10k. Alas, buying a house has a higher priority.

  6. #206
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    29
    Thanked 26 Times in 18 Posts

    Some people go to wal mart buy a $300 PC and then wonder why it performs like crap. I got my PC for $890, and it's quite fast, and have never had a problem with it. With Mac you have to have connectors for things, commands are weird, he mouse is a pain to click and deal with.

  7. #207
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by billmilo View Post
    Some people go to wal mart buy a $300 PC and then wonder why it performs like crap. I got my PC for $890, and it's quite fast, and have never had a problem with it. With Mac you have to have connectors for things, commands are weird, he mouse is a pain to click and deal with.
    There is a small transitional period. After using a macbook for 3 years now, I find small trackpads and the lack of certain features on a PC a pain to deal with. Its all about what you are used to I suppose. Most people struggle going from different PC manufactures notebooks to each other, so I imagine a new operating system to be a pain.

  8. #208
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sedalia, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    107
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Uhm, my custom built beats the latest iMac by a lot and I only spent about $500 on it. So yea, this headline is pretty legit. News reporters, which you guys claim you are, are supposed to be un-biased, and this article is pretty biased. I wouldn't exactly call you guys "Mac fanboys" but....

  9. #209
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Only post worth anything in this thread.



    Why do you bother using an iPhone? You can get more features from other phones with better specs. iPhone is behind the times compared to several other phones on the market.
    Well, it wasn't until recently that your point of other phones having better features and specs was true. At the time I got the i4 this wasn't the case. That and the iphone is competitively priced with other phones in its class. Apple computers aren't. I enjoy my phone because it is jailbroken. Without the jailbreak it is an inferior phone to a slew of other phones now. My Apple experience is based on my personal history with defective hardware through the entire range of their products. Phones, iPads, Laptops, iMacs. Do they look nice? You bet. I have tried, but when a company touts superiority and can't back it up then why would I continue to throw money at them?

  10. #210
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    We all know PC desktops are better and cheaper than Apple desktops.

    Apple notebooks have better battery life than most if not all PC notebooks and also have a better trackpad. They look cooler too which is why people buy Macbook Pros.

    Apple dominates in the mobile scene. No competition.

    I think I summarized everything.

  11. #211
    Retired Moderator StealthBravo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    TX  Follow me @StealthBravo
    Posts
    32,478
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    Well, it wasn't until recently that your point of other phones having better features and specs was true. At the time I got the i4 this wasn't the case. That and the iphone is competitively priced with other phones in its class. Apple computers aren't. I enjoy my phone because it is jailbroken. Without the jailbreak it is an inferior phone to a slew of other phones now. My Apple experience is based on my personal history with defective hardware through the entire range of their products. Phones, iPads, Laptops, iMacs. Do they look nice? You bet. I have tried, but when a company touts superiority and can't back it up then why would I continue to throw money at them?
    If I had the same experiences I would have the exact opinion as you. Its completely understandable. However, you know I buy every Apple product possible and tons of them, I have rarely had an issue. And when I have had one, they swapped it out without any issues. So I guess both our opinions are formed based on experience.

  12. #212
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    If I had the same experiences I would have the exact opinion as you. Its completely understandable. However, you know I buy every Apple product possible and tons of them, I have rarely had an issue. And when I have had one, they swapped it out without any issues. So I guess both our opinions are formed based on experience.
    Absolutely. That is what this all boils down to: user experience and preference. I'm not harshing on Apple. I would just like to see a better Quality Assurance program implemented because the failures they are having are not minor. I would love to have a line of Apple products because I like the way they look and as I said before the money isn't an issue from a bank account point of view. It is only an issue because I know what has happened to me over and over again.

  13. #213
    iPhoneaholic Cory Gillmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Byhalia, MS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJailbreakGenius View Post
    U r calling that guy juvenile?

    If you want a REAL gaming experience, get a flatscreen, a couch, and an Xbox 360. Then get black ops, portal 2, or mw2.
    I've got my $3,000 Digital Storm PC plugged into a 52" Sharp Quattron LED TV as it's full time monitor. That little 5 year old Xbox 360 only wishes it could play any of the aforementioned crappy games as well as my setup could. You really have no idea what a modern video game is even capable of looking like. My own Xbox 360 has nothing more than a dust catcher for months now. As my PS3 and Wii have too. At least my 360's wired controller still sees action as I use it as my primary controller for my PC most of the time.

    Check it out yourself my brotha.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Microsoft Latest Ad: Buy a PC instead of a Mac and go to Hawaii with the Savings-img_1364.jpg  

  14. #214
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    I like the PS3 controller better. The 360 controller has always seemed like a Fisher Price product to me.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainChaos For This Useful Post:

    moon#pie (05-09-2011)

  16. #215
    iPhoneaholic Cory Gillmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Byhalia, MS
    Posts
    413
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChaos View Post
    I like the PS3 controller better. The 360 controller has always seemed like a Fisher Price product to me.
    Agreed. I used to use the DS3 with my PC but it requires a driver hack and the wired 360 controller just plugs in and works via USB so I gave up on the DS3 for PC gaming.

  17. #216
    Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    In a van down by the river
    Posts
    4,823
    Thanks
    551
    Thanked 515 Times in 427 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Gillmore View Post
    Agreed. I used to use the DS3 with my PC but it requires a driver hack and the wired 360 controller just plugs in and works via USB so I gave up on the DS3 for PC gaming.
    That definitely makes it more convenient. Note To Self.

  18. #217
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    278
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 23 Times in 18 Posts

    Reading the comments on here annoys me to no end. First of all, use correct grammar and spelling when trying to have an argument. I can understand if English is not your first language but at least have proper punctuation, capital letters where they should be, and all the other basic rules people should know; this is not twitter. On the same note, a changing a "ur" to a "your", or an "i" to an "I" is not that hard. Even people who don't care will still subconsciously accept your point more.

    Second of all do you know why things go on and on like this? It's because no one uses any actual verifiable sources. People just post random facts that they conjure up in their head and the next person just dismissed it. I was reading a post on another forum about how the game Civilization 5 was horrible and was selling horrible, and I saw how almost everything he posted was wrong. So I spent a bit of time finding some links, uploading some pictures, and counter-proved every one of his points. That shut him up and a lot of people in the discussion started to see it how I did.

  19. #218
    Super Penguin Mod i.Annie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    SW Ohio
    Posts
    16,903
    Thanks
    137
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

    As much as I agree with you Gamemaster77, at this point you're just going to be called the grammar police. People will note this isn't English class

    You're not going to get through to any of these people, but I enjoyed your post. It's nice to see someone that I can agree with.

  20. #219
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,524
    Thanks
    3,595
    Thanked 999 Times in 563 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    From my experience most Mac users have spent a lot of time using Windows, but very few Windows's users have spent much time, if any, using Mac's and Mac OS X.

    Many use the fact that it might take a little time to get used to any new OS as a failing of some sort.

    I use both Mac OS X and Windows 7. Neither OS is perfect and neither OS alone does what I need it to do. Both have their uses, their pluses and their minuses.

    These Mac Vs PC, Xbox Vs PS3, iPhone Vs Android or whatever "debates" (and I use the term loosely) only end up doing one thing, and that's fueling stupidity, arrogance and ignorance. Very few people it seems can actually have a normal discussion about two rivaling things without becoming fanboys that are both blind to their own things failings and also un-accepting of their competitors superiorities. That goes for both sides of the coin.
    Great statement! Mac users have spent a lot of time using Windows! GREAT! I have used PC's for many years and built them as well... I have good reasons as to why I switched over....

    As I read every post in this thread it appears that most of the PC users are concerned about game playing more than anything else...

    As far as I am concerned... I like performance when it comes to computers....

    Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I stopped playing games when I was 16. I use my MBP for work. So yes, I suppose PCs are better for kids because they are cheap and you can play shootem up games. Congrats.
    Nice statement SB!
    Last edited by thetoothfairy; 05-08-2011 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  21. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    More proof PC is cheaper and better than Mac.

    Today on www.catchoftheday.com.au they have a:
    1TB External USB HDD MAC EDITION for $149 http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smal...ducts_id=28052
    2 weeks ago I brought a 1TB External USB HDD for $68 from the exact same site but as its not a MAC EDITION its $81 cheaper.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts