+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Foxcon to Workers: Sign Here To Verify You Love Life

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
This kinda made me think of this place as a sweatshop. These people are slaving away in these factories wanting to kill them selves wile we sit here on our
    Thanks

This kinda made me think of this place as a sweatshop. These people are slaving away in these factories wanting to kill them selves wile we sit here on our iPhone or whatever on the couch scrolling on the device that others kill them selves over.Wow

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Like I've said in these types of postings before, don't like it don't work there. Sorry your working conditions suck, sorry your government is crap, sorry you don't have many options for work in your crap country.
    I would certainly pay more for my electronics if need be but as long as I can keep getting it for a relatively cheap price to myself, I don't really care what happens on the other end of the line. All you bleeding hearts saying how sad she looks and so forth as you look at this article on your mac, iPhone, iTouch ect ect stop being part of the problem. Sell all your iDevices and send the money to that poor girl in the picture.

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!
    I think you're just trying to be obnoxious so people will pay attention to you, at least I hope that's the case, I would hate to think anybody out there seriously lives their lives like you have said you live yours.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    Like I've said in these types of postings before, don't like it don't work there. Sorry your working conditions suck, sorry your government is crap, sorry you don't have many options for work in your crap country.
    I would certainly pay more for my electronics if need be but as long as I can keep getting it for a relatively cheap price to myself, I don't really care what happens on the other end of the line. All you bleeding hearts saying how sad she looks and so forth as you look at this article on your mac, iPhone, iTouch ect ect stop being part of the problem. Sell all your iDevices and send the money to that poor girl in the picture.

Ding ding ding ding, we have a winner!
    I really really hope one day you are in a situation where there is no light at the end of the tunnel, i.e. I hope you get terminal cancer, and nobody "really care what happens on the other end of the line"

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by loso86 View Post
    I really really hope one day you are in a situation where there is no light at the end of the tunnel, i.e. I hope you get terminal cancer, and nobody "really care what happens on the other end of the line"
    Wow, way to take the high road. You're just as bad as you think he is.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Typos
    I am really getting tired of Modmyi not checking for typos and grammar mistakes!! It's "Foxconn" not "Foxcon". I know it is a minor mistake, but just check your writing next time. There was an article a few days ago that was hindered by incorrect grammar and such.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Yeah, none of this is surprising. This is China, after all - the same China that is occupying Tibet. They should ask how the Tibetan people feel about the military forcibly restricting their culture, and how the Chinese government is trying to 'breed-out' their race.

China, as far as I'm concerned, is one of the biggest threats to the world. But I'm optimistic - China is not as closed off as they (the Communist Government) wished they were, so information is now flowing fairly freely. It's only a matter of time before their people rise up and demand to become a Republic. All people want to be free, naturally.

I have no love for China, I came from Taiwan which is being oppressed by China from joining international community. Hell China got Taiwan kicked out of UN.

What I read from your post is everyone should be like us.

China has slowly opened up China since the 80's, feels very free when I went there in 2006. Do not feel any oppression like you are imagining, and yes I've visit the countryside of China and they feel the same.
    Now how is U.S.? Big brother watching all the time. Government taking more and more of your money, tells you what you have to spend on losing freedom every day.

BTW U.S. have absolutely have no right to talk. Who is in Afghanistan? Pakistan? Iraq? You really think we are fighting for their people's freedom? Paying billions to the corrupt government of each and every mentioned countries. Hell one even had U.S. #1 wanted man for years most likely getting paid off by him, and still had no problem taking billions a year from U.S. That is the government U.S. supports just to get a bit more oil.
    Last edited by unison999; 05-07-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The whole article is bad since it relies on this false premise "... an inordinate amount of suicides occuring amongst Foxconn employees..."

There wasn't an inordinate amount of suicides. The rate falls well within the regular suicide rate. All this article does is stir up emotions where it's absolutely not needed nor warranted.
    We're all just toymakers in the game of life.

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Railroader View Post
    Wow, I can't believe somebody actually believes that

I think that girl's face says it all, tired and sad looking.

I have to wonder too, why is Apple still using this company if they are so horrible? Does Apple not have ethics, or do they shove them away while they count their billions?
    Billions. Nuff said.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    If they were busy working, then they wouldn't have had enough time to kill themselves. I DON'T THINK THEY'RE WORKING HARD ENOUGH!!! (just kidding)

Seriously though, I could care less what the statistics and the averages are. If ONE person commits suicide, then they need to stop and examine how they conduct business. If a worker is happy, he/she will feel obligated to work 1,000x harder. Slave Labor equals quick crappy work, instead of prideful quality work. I'm not saying to build them a Rec. Center, but these are, nonetheless..... PEOPLE. Have a damn pizza party or something; COME ON!

Bet if a sloppy fat miserable bastard of a co-worker tossed himself off a building because of poor work conditions, your job would have a moment of silence and you'd stand around the cooler all day talking about how it could have been prevented. Americans have a arrogant "oh well, it's not my problem" attitude; it's called karma, prepare for it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G113764 View Post
    Seriously though, I could care less what the statistics and the averages are. If ONE person commits suicide, then they need to stop and examine how they conduct business.
    You should care, because it's all that matters. Suicides happen and it's not the fault of the work place if the rate is the same inside the business as it is outside.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Don't like it, don't work there? Are you serious? These people have families and the corporations are exposing them for their need to provide. How would you like it if every occupation you are capable to work in suddenly decided to pay you 3 dollars an hour? Who would you complain to? The government? How would you like it if they said, "Well if you don't like it, don't work there."

Seriously people on this forum will go teeth and nail to defend Apple like they're capable of no flaws. It's sick and disgusting.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dhamien View Post
    You should care, because it's all that matters. Suicides happen and it's not the fault of the work place if the rate is the same inside the business as it is outside.
    True. However, something inside should tugg at your concience a little bit when you hear about things like this. Death<CellPhone is little hard to justify. The greedy business men may not be responsible, maybe it is just they're society. Just saying that maybe I'd be more prone to off myself too if I had to sit in front of a sewing machine for 16 hrs straight, with no break. I'm far from a bleeding heart, but despite how you feel on the subject, people are not numbers. One shouldn't just shrugg their shoulders at human suffering.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=G113764;6035969]True. However, something inside should tugg at your concience a little bit when you hear about things like this. Death

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by G113764 View Post
    True. However, something inside should tugg at your concience a little bit when you hear about things like this. Death<CellPhone is little hard to justify. The greedy business men may not be responsible, maybe it is just they're society. Just saying that maybe I'd be more prone to off myself too if I had to sit in front of a sewing machine for 16 hrs straight, with no break. I'm far from a bleeding heart, but despite how you feel on the subject, people are not numbers. One shouldn't just shrugg their shoulders at human suffering.
    I'm not just shrugging it off. Loss of life can be a terrible thing and it definitely is for those left behind. My whole point is simply that if the rate is the same inside the business as it is outside, then the business is not what's causing it. It cannot be. So while I do think us in the west should stop exploiting 3rd world countries, saying that what Apple/Foxconn is doing is heightening the risk of their workers committing suicide is simply not true.

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12