Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Safari Browser is the Portal for New Malware Attacks on Mac OS X Users

iPhone? More like MyPhone Eagleye's Avatar
    Thanks

Okay, so just don't agree to install MACDefender? Amirite?

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Just be smart about what you install, it's not that hard. I never use Safari cause it's not that great. People just need to put aside their differences and respect both Mac and Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post
    Just be smart about what you install, it's not that hard. I never use Safari cause it's not that great. People just need to put aside their differences and respect both Mac and Windows.
    Amen to that brother!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I use Safari 99% of the time and don't find anything wrong with it verses Chrome or Firefox.
    I use bookmark syncing via MobileMe between my Macbook Pro, iPhone and work PC alot too.

This is why I use Firefox with NoScript.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CovariantTensor For This Useful Post:

dale2 (05-02-2011)

Thanks
    There are advantages and disadvantages of all OSes. Mac has great features which Windows or Linux may not and vice-versa. My main point is that each OS is practical for diffent uses and different users.

Quote Originally Posted by steve-z17 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Considering how 98% of Mac users computer-illiterate and unwaveringly Apple-trusting, this should put a sizable dent in the hipster movement nationwide.

It's called "Malware" - us PC users know exactly what it is. Yes, it is malicious and a virus. And yes, you can install a virus manually. There's no requirement stating that viruses MUST be installed autonomously.

Sorry if I used big words.
    I know. Sometimes fanboys,ignorant people,and just plain stupid people make me question the future of humanity.

Well now that we know about it, don't install it. And/Or don't use Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by imilad View Post
    I thought macs never get viruses
    they do when you install them

it seems to be try before we work out how to self install

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I always have "open safe files" disabled as it irritates the hell out of me.

I always have that option unchecked anyway because it would mess with downloading of .ipsw files.

Plus when it opens it asks you to install it. So this MALWARE requires you to install it by clicking next and so forth and then putting in your admin password.

Being smart is the best way to fight it on any system by not just clicking any old thing. This one for OSX users is just simply knowing you did not start installing something yourself and stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by jbardi View Post
    This is not a virus.. Stupid windows user are jumping all over this. You have to actually INSTALL it manually you morons.

Macs do NOT have viruses. A virus installs without human interaction.. only a stupid winblows user like yourself wouldn't know the difference.
    WoW, you ok bro? seems like you have a lot of pent up anger towards windows users. What, a window user break your heart? Make you feel inadequate in the bedroom? It's ok sparking, lots of guys have small peckers and there's always some apple fangirl that is willing to pay way more than she should for less of a computer that you can hook up with.

Been running windows sense win 98 and have NEVER had a virus and I go to some very shady sites. So, it's not a windows issue, it's a windows user issue, just as this appears to be a Safari user issue.
    Last edited by rkswat; 05-02-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rkswat View Post
    WoW, you ok bro? seems like you have a lot of pent up anger towards windows users. What, a window user break your heart? Make you feel inadequate in the bedroom? It's ok sparking, lots of guys have small peckers and there's always some apple fangirl that is willing to pay way more than she should for less of a computer that you can hook up with.
    lol

Just curious. Anyone have a good suggestion on what the best virus protection for a Mac would be?

Guys stop fighting, its like this.

You walk up to a roadkill and you pick it up with gloves on, if you eat it your going to get sick(Typing your password) if you put it down your good. You shouldn't have picked it up in the first place.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    Just curious. Anyone have a good suggestion on what the best virus protection for a Mac would be?
    I like VirusBarrier

18. The Following User Says Thank You to steve-z17 For This Useful Post:

iSteed (05-02-2011)

Thanks

Oh no!

Wait...I use Firefox as my default browser and I have ClamXav as my anti-virus protection...

Whew...
    Asking for help is different from being stupid. Fanboys can rot in @#$%!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to awesomeSlayer For This Useful Post:

iSteed (05-02-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

virus - "a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data."

this software can not copy itself it can only be downloaded and installed by a user. therefore it is a trojan not a virus

Livin the iPhone Life javiert30's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fungrified View Post
    virus - "a piece of code that is capable of copying itself and typically has a detrimental effect, such as corrupting the system or destroying data."

this software can not copy itself it can only be downloaded and installed by a user. therefore it is a trojan not a virus
    Tojan...

Do you know the history of the Trojan horse?

That's how a Tojan virus works... That's why it is called Trojan virus. It is a virus
    Last edited by javiert30; 05-02-2011 at 09:58 PM.
    Drive Safe with Trapster
    Speedtrap App

iPhone? More like MyPhone Antman217's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are a Mac user, you should know by now that the most common way to get a virus on a Mac is manually installing it. I wouldn't even install an antivirus in the first place so I would have just closed it and thrown it away. The day I get a virus from just opening a web page will be the day I can say OS X failed.

Quote Originally Posted by iSteed View Post
    None. This so called "virus" is actually posing as an antivirus itsself. The one way I have prevented myself from getting viruses on my Mac is by not installinh antiviruses lol.
    Last edited by Antman217; 05-02-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Antman217 For This Useful Post:

dale2 (05-03-2011), iSteed (05-03-2011)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast