+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iMac Refresh Imminent

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by muzzakus I'm a lifetime winblows user and are thinking of making the switch to Mac with the upcoming offering. I do however rely on Windows Media Center
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by muzzakus View Post
    I'm a lifetime winblows user and are thinking of making the switch to Mac with the upcoming offering. I do however rely on Windows Media Center to feed my xbox360's Tv content. WMC is by far the best PVR solution available and with the 360 integration, I cannot forgoe it.

This seems to be the place where highly knowledgable people hang out. SO my Q is - can I run WMC in a virtual instance and accessing my USB tuners without issue?? Or is DMA access to such devices a no go?
    As far as Xbox 360 integration goes, this is what I found. I honestly haven't seen it or used it because I don't own an 360, but you could try it out.

As you may know, you can install Winblows on your Mac as a secondary OS (dual-boot) and use it only when you need to stream media to your 360.

I'll keep an eye out to see if there are other solutions; but you can't go wrong with a Mac. I used Winblows for over 15 years, until last September when I got my iMac and I don't regret the switch: this has been my favorite computer of all time! (out of more than 10 I've had)
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks Mate. But the Windows needs to be running 24/7 to Record TV programs. So a VM running windows all the time would be fine, but it needs the USB TV tuner access from within the VM. The linked app will not do that.

Quote Originally Posted by iTouch-Warrior View Post
    As far as Xbox 360 integration goes, this is what I found. I honestly haven't seen it or used it because I don't own an 360, but you could try it out.

As you may know, you can install Winblows on your Mac as a secondary OS (dual-boot) and use it only when you need to stream media to your 360.

I'll keep an eye out to see if there are other solutions; but you can't go wrong with a Mac. I used Winblows for over 15 years, until last September when I got my iMac and I don't regret the switch: this has been my favorite computer of all time! (out of more than 10 I've had)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

There are quite a few VMs for Mac. Check VirtualBox or Parallels Desktop out. Parallels is supposed to integrate windows programs into Mac "natively", but I've never actually used it. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    27" iMac: Quad-Core 2.93GHz i7 & 16GB RAM
    iPhone 4S: 64GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPad 2: 32GB iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Touch 3rd Gen iOS 5.1.1 Jailbroken
    iPod Classic (thick) 160GB

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12