Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac vs PC: The Final Showdown

Well I use a PC, but "I'm Not A PC" I'm a gadget freak. I don't watch tv, other than movies. I don't drink, & I sure in the hell am never going to take my PC, to anyone for them to fix it. I built it, I'll fix it.
    That said personally I don't think either OS is any better than the other. osX shines more than windows in some areas, & windows shines over osX in some areas. It boils down to the needs of each user.
    Mac users pay more for 2 things. Name & design macs look cool as hell. Most factory built PC's look like crap. Apple has Design on their side for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by epignosis567 View Post
    Sorry, but apple customers are chumps.
    Why? Cause they buy something that works for them, in the style they like. People scream about fanboys being rude. A lot of pc users bring it on themselves.
    If I can't mod it...I don't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by mik3y08 View Post
    Some of you are taking this WAY to serious. Obviously they cannot determine this from any kind of study, it is more for fun. Some of you are getting mad @ the stereotypes of PC users then turning around and bashing mac users, thats hypocritical. It's all based on personal prefrence. I am a Mac user becuase im in the design field and its the industry standard, and from personall experience they have far less isues. As for the people saying Mac users know nothing about computers, I probly know more about computers than 75% of the people on this forum, I am always fixing friends/family's computers. Again it's personall prefrence, but there is not one thing my mac can't do that a PC can.

Oh, and my Mac is definatly not "prepackaged" its 100% customized the way I set it up. And it didnt come with LOADS of bloatware

all I can say is.... I agree!

Besides the way some guys are taking this means I should sell my Harley coz I own a Mac.... Thats not happening...

I'll also remember to find some PC friends to call when I get my next flat tire....

Quote Originally Posted by punjabi212 View Post
    PC > mac. I know I'm in the minority on this site...
    You are not...

[QUOTE=alphonso;5995457]all I can say is.... I agree!

Besides the way some guys are taking this means I should sell my Harley coz I own a Mac.... Thats not happening...

I agree I am not selling my Harley anytime soon because I own some Macs.

formerly known as Method2001 TheGrandFinale2001's Avatar
    Thanks

Guess I'm a combination of Mac and PC. Which I think most people are.

Awesome.
    "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not"

PC users will ask their "Mac friend" to fix theirs? That was stupid.
    it's exactly what happens in my case. All who know me ask for my help, even tough windows is banned from my home for more than 10 years now.
    not so studip after all

Stupid study. Complete waste of time. Now try to figure out if I sent this from my PC or my Mac.
    Quote Originally Posted by flash66 View Post
    Your an ignorant moron!
    fail

Previously Known as A.T MetallicaFan1991's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    And what's wrong with Michael Bay? Last I heard he was making some badass movies.

The Office isn't the funniest show on tv.....FAMILY GUY is. Everyone knows that.

This survey is a joke!
    The US Office is awesome!! Two and a Half Men is actually the funniest show on TV.

MBP 15" 2.66Ghz Core 2 Duo Nvidia 9400M 9600GT 256MB OS X 10.6.4 Windows 7 June 2009
    iPhone 4 August 28th

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

PC users will ask their "Mac friend" to fix theirs? That was stupid.
    Yea... i agree. Very dumb comment.

This is why the Apple Store is full of "Mac users" who bring it messed up devices.. lol

Oh and last time I checked there are way more people who build PC's than Mac's lol

There is only ONE thing that is better on a Mac. It's the fact that there are almost no viruses to be had.. although with Windows 7 I havn't had one yet.
    Last edited by iRepairIndy; 04-23-2011 at 03:29 PM.

How dare you insult SVU!
    Name? whereswaldo
    iDevice + Firmware? 32GB Black iPhone 4 iOS 5.0
    Computer + OS? Dell Inspiron 15R 2nd Gen i5, 2.3 Ghz, 750GB HDD, 8GB RAM Windows 7 HP
    Location? Toronto
    Found yet? No

As a McDonalds eating Veggie using a PC, I'm obviously not normal

Posted from my Xoom

silly article
    Last edited by Tedomcmillan; 04-24-2011 at 12:17 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone SwatPac's Avatar
    Thanks

The moment I met my macbook pro in 2009, I knew I could never use windows again. Macs are like a really expensive car that you keep forever, Pcs are like the honda civic all the kids had in high school. Macs let you spend time working. Pcs make you spend time figuring out why its not working.
    When Is The Apple iCar Coming Out? I Want One!

iPhone? More like MyPhone PlatoTheForms's Avatar
    Thanks

All the things that study claims Mac users are, also can be applied to PC users 10x more. So there are 10x more Wes Anderson Pc user fans nad 10x more "glass of Cabernet Sauvignon or a Vodka Gimlet" Pc user drinkers lol;PC is all of what mac users are, multiplied by more.

You actually can (sorta) label Mac users. You really can't label PC users because they technically are "everyone else". I did a report for a business class on the marketing strategies of Mac and found some pretty interesting information. Apple's marketing ploy appears to be counter intuitive at first glance but is actually genius when you think about it. Instead of boring you with the details, I'll just stop. I'm probably going to get flamed for making what little statement I did...

tim

PC > mac. I know I'm in the minority on this site...
    Yes, and you like the Knicks and Yankees as well

Thanks
    Is there Ubuntu/Linux? because i occasionally use it.

PC because it has more "buttons"
    Last edited by xandros9; 04-23-2011 at 05:56 PM.
    ex-PalmOS power guru
    "Anything with a big enough engine will fly" -raspabalsa

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a Windows guy, but glad I fit the Apple stereo type. Maybe it's because I use my iPhone more than my computer these days it seems?

As a Windows guy in love with his iPhone, I really want to like Macbook the macbook air. I would Dual boot for sure. (Windows is my Job, plus need/like a few other windows things)

I just can't get over two macbook things.

1) The "no" button mouse is annoying as hell. I want to be able to mouse around with one hand, not use a keyboard key to activate the right mouse button. Worse is how hard you actually have to click down into the pad just to left click anything. I've never been a fan of tapping a touch pad as that leads to accidentally moving/deleting things around with false taps. (I always deactivate tap to click on windows laptops)

2) Not having both a Backspace and Delete key is annoying as all hell in Windows mode. I guess I could maybe remap a key but still.

So again, I really love the macbook air form factor, but macbook keyboard layout, and no button mouse annoys me to the point of not being able to accept it.

I bought the MSI X-Slim X370 for $570 last week. So far so good.

Ask Engadget: best PC alternative to 13-inch MacBook Air? -- Engadget

Maybe they will get it right once the iPad is integrated into a Macbook somehow. I have a feeling i'll switch at some point.

iPhone? More like MyPhone xxhorseriderxxx's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason I don't like Macs is because their hardware is inferior to an equally priced PC.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast