+ Reply
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Mac vs PC: The Final Showdown

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Mac's are just rubbish
    What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mac's are just rubbish

Thanks

Your logic and persuasive skills are amazing.

Seriously, this is your fourth post, you are on a iPhone site (Macs, you know, are built by Apple, which also makes the iPhone), and you drop a single sentence opinion of yours on us like you are someone who we should listen to.

You are welcome to your opinion, which is only that, your opinion. If you are going to make a statement like the one above, why not support it with facts? Why are Macs rubbish? How, in your experience, are Macs rubbish? Have you owned one or more Macs? Have you used Macs? Have you ever touched a Mac? Do any of your friend's have Macs?

Something to persuade us that you are not just someone who joined the forum a month ago, chose a name that can be taken several ways, one not so pleasant, have made four posts, and now is here making a bold statement of knowledge with nothing to back it up.
    Senior

Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Judgement based on what's seen on the surface or what is perceived without understanding the full concept of things. I believe that's what the user derived the Mac is rubbish statement.

I'm inclined to say the user is uneducated in computer knowledge and general common sense based on the same concept. I have no idea who the user is and on what basis he is speaking from, but I am making and critical statement with my lack of knowledge.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

They are still rubbish

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ram_it View Post
    Their still rubbish
    They're = they are

Their is possessive form.

"they are rubbish" is the phrase you're trying to say, so you would use "they're" not "their."

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I have an iPhone and my next phone is going to be android based, freedom to source my apps etc how ever I choose, and not have to jailbreak my phone to do so fully liberating myself from the chains of apple and iTunes

Thanks

But that's not relevant to Mac or PC. We are discussing computers not phones.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Cool English lessons on a mac forum, so if you are good with writing get a mac otherwise get something else lol. Maybe that's why journalists use them, everyone else uses a PC.

Thanks

I normally don't correct grammatical errors. But considering you're trying to make a statement about something that requires some sort of knowledge and background information, you would think you'd be able to differentiate their they're and there. But since you couldn't, I just wanted to point out that your inability to be grammatically correct makes your opinion and knowledge about computers questionable.

Thanks

i love how all the "mac people" automatically throw themselves into this holier than thou category and act like im not opposed to you buying a pc hey spend a grand on a pc its blah blah blah.. i respect your decision but then they add, even though its wrong and you can get a mac for the same price.. first off i wouldnt spend a grand on a pc haha you can get a insanely fast, packed pc for a lot less
    2nd you will have so many more options to do WHATEVER you please on a pc
    3rd its already proven.. bill gates is more rich than steve jobs... plain and simple more people prefer windows
    and apple sells a lot more than just an os.. which is all bill gates started out with lol sorry guys.. i know im on "your turf" as i have heard over and over and over but im not gonna keep my mouth shut when someone has created a thread based on the decision

Thanks

Lol who said that? You can't seem to accept that other people have opinions and can sincerely respect others' opinions at the same time.

I use windows too. So I don't grant myself superior status just bc I have a Mac. I allow myself to believe I'm a more decent human being though just bc I don't get all offended when somebody doesn't agree with me.

I truthfully respect others for not wanting Mac and preferring PC, but that doesn't mean I have to be silent in expressing why I think Mac is a good buy.

Thanks

Cool English lessons on a mac forum, so if you are good with writing get a mac otherwise get something else lol. Maybe that's why journalists use them, everyone else uses a PC.
    By saying that you are essentially saying that smart people use macs.

Twitter: @tshoults

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    By saying that you are essentially saying that smart people use macs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StayyyFlyyy View Post
    i love how all the "mac people" automatically throw themselves into this holier than thou category and act like im not opposed to you buying a pc hey spend a grand on a pc its blah blah blah.. i respect your decision but then they add, even though its wrong and you can get a mac for the same price.. first off i wouldnt spend a grand on a pc haha you can get a insanely fast, packed pc for a lot less
    2nd you will have so many more options to do WHATEVER you please on a pc
    3rd its already proven.. bill gates is more rich than steve jobs... plain and simple more people prefer windows
    and apple sells a lot more than just an os.. which is all bill gates started out with lol sorry guys.. i know im on "your turf" as i have heard over and over and over but im not gonna keep my mouth shut when someone has created a thread based on the decision
    Lmfao. You seriously just said the Bill Gates is richer than Steve Jobs so that proves more people like PC's? Maybe you are unaware of the fact that Steve only takes $1 in payment.

Mac users don't invade PC forums and troll about how Macs are the best way to go. PC users come to ours. Who's not respecting who here?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Donnutt's Avatar
    Thanks

I have an iPhone and my next phone is going to be android based, freedom to source my apps etc how ever I choose, and not have to jailbreak my phone to do so fully liberating myself from the chains of apple and iTunes
    "chains of apple and iTunes"? Enjoy your crappy battery life, constant gps tracking and ad-ridden apps. And btw, certain apps such as tethering do require jailbreak. I'll keep my "chains". Go be a rebel and stick it to THE MAN!!!

Thanks

lol. Android still needs to be Rooted to do what you want with it because the carriers lock it up. Open source on a cell phone only means more pain for the user.

"..source my apps.."? lmao. You Code apps. Bet you don't even know how to do that.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    Lmfao. You seriously just said the Bill Gates is richer than Steve Jobs so that proves more people like PC's? Maybe you are unaware of the fact that Steve only takes $1 in payment.

Mac users don't invade PC forums and troll about how Macs are the best way to go. PC users come to ours. Who's not respecting who here?
    look i like you cause ive seen some of your work on the forum and all so ill keep my "trolling" opinions to myself but this is a forum for a reason buddy..

Thanks

Yeah, that and the fact that I proved your logic invalid.

Thanks

haha yeah.. im going out to buy a mac this instant

Thanks

Just when it was calming down....

Again, opinions are just that. They are like ***holes: everyone's got one, but no one thinks THEIRS stinks.

Use a PC; use incorrect grammar; spend your money however you want. No one is saying you can't.

Come on an Apple site (iPhone=Apple) and rant about how bad Macs are, you'll get a response.

You are all using iPhones (Apple product), unless you are a troll just out to cause trouble. So Apple is not all bad.

A friend bought an Android after selling his iPhone, just told me he's tired of apps freezing and he's going to get another iPhone.

If you are going to argue a point, make sense (bad grammar or not). Saying Gates has more money than Jobs is a ridiculous argument. Because something sells better does not make it better. Popular does not equal better.

Also keep in mind that carriers (point made above) are often the sticky point.

But have a cogent argument, please. WHY do you think so? What is your experience with both products? What has led you to feel that one is better than the other? Or are we back to my Ford is bad, Chevy is good opinion, based purely on emotion and brand name?
    Senior

21. The Following User Says Thank You to mr117 For This Useful Post:

TheJailbreakGenius (04-28-2011)