+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 138

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Saurik Comments on Cydia Outage and Ongoing Recovery Efforts

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Nevermind im always confused
...
  1. #81
    Livin the iPhone Life Stray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    You Know...
    Posts
    14,067
    Thanks
    675
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

    Nevermind im always confused

  2. #82
    Livin the iPhone Life nicoand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    some were hot
    Posts
    1,166
    Thanks
    3,574
    Thanked 2,337 Times in 695 Posts

    happy easter Saurik good luck on getting the server up and running hope its soon cheers

  3. #83
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Ok, quick question. I recently upgraded to 4.3.1 and sent my SHSH blobs to Cydia. But for the longest time, when I opened Cydia it would say that my request is in the pending TSS queue. I have my blobs saved locally but is this whole Amazon server issue effecting my request as well?
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  4. #84
    Green Apple TristianLyons1022's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ninthchamber99 View Post
    Ok, quick question. I recently upgraded to 4.3.1 and sent my SHSH blobs to Cydia. But for the longest time, when I opened Cydia it would say that my request is in the pending TSS queue. I have my blobs saved locally but is this whole Amazon server issue effecting my request as well?
    From what i understand yes. Anything directly dealt with by the Cydia server (ie SHSH blob requests, licencing etc) its broke for the moment. Just make sure you dont lose your locally saved ones

  5. #85
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 7 Posts

    Lol, you kidding right? Not only the front page would need serious work.. the whole stinking thing.

    First, let me remind you that the theme section, prior it's update, was left unchanged for at least 1 year. And why has it been updated rush?

    Because of Theme It, that's it.. it's no coincidence... a desperate attempt to try and compete with something much better.

    Also, have a look at the store itself. All you see is outdated product... and if you check out the featured, it's even worse, i never seen that list updated, and it's full of crap.

    So apart from search for a given package, what one must do to search for the paid packages? The "Cydia store" doesnt even list a 1/4, and the featured... well..

    So browsing the store is a pita, using it is also a pita... (remember Rock?... much better...)

    Oh, and did I mentionned everytime a jailbreak is released... the whole Cydia thing goes down.

    If Cydia can't handle 4.5 mil jailbreakers... it might just close right now. If Apple's server become useless everytime they release an update... people would certainly complain a whole lot more, and things would get fixed.

    Don't tell me Cydia doesn't make money, it probably makes a huge bundle of it. So it's not an issue.

    The only reason why it works like that, it's because ITS A MONOPOLY.. wake up people.. we need an alternative FAST.

    And I could go on and on about why Cydia is ****.

    I must restore my iPhone to continue working, and I can't because of Cydia... else I cannot re-install what I need to continue my work. So it's been 2 days lost for me here mostly. Who will pay for this?

    It's time for a change.

    Don't get me wrong, I hate Cydia, and the only reason I use it, is because there is no other choice.

    Now flame me all you want, because if you do, then you seriously need to wipe the **** off your eyes.

    K.

  6. #86
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Guatemala
    Posts
    150
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 30 Times in 28 Posts

    holy damn I hope this gets fixed soon and suarik can recover all of the things that was on the servers.

  7. #87
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TristianLyons1022 View Post
    From what i understand yes. Anything directly dealt with by the Cydia server (ie SHSH blob requests, licencing etc) its broke for the moment. Just make sure you dont lose your locally saved ones
    That's what I thought. Just wanted to confirm with someone. I hope Cydia is able to recover quickly from all of this.
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  8. #88
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    So is cydia being down causing my iPod touch to have a white cydia icon and crash when "Preparing Filesystem?" I'm running an iPod touch 4.3.2. I've tried booting into tethered, and I was just wondering if this was the cause.

  9. #89
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kicker75 View Post
    Lol, you kidding right? Not only the front page would need serious work.. the whole stinking thing.

    First, let me remind you that the theme section, prior it's update, was left unchanged for at least 1 year. And why has it been updated rush?

    Because of Theme It, that's it.. it's no coincidence... a desperate attempt to try and compete with something much better.

    Also, have a look at the store itself. All you see is outdated product... and if you check out the featured, it's even worse, i never seen that list updated, and it's full of crap.

    So apart from search for a given package, what one must do to search for the paid packages? The "Cydia store" doesnt even list a 1/4, and the featured... well..

    So browsing the store is a pita, using it is also a pita... (remember Rock?... much better...)

    Oh, and did I mentionned everytime a jailbreak is released... the whole Cydia thing goes down.

    If Cydia can't handle 4.5 mil jailbreakers... it might just close right now. If Apple's server become useless everytime they release an update... people would certainly complain a whole lot more, and things would get fixed.

    Don't tell me Cydia doesn't make money, it probably makes a huge bundle of it. So it's not an issue.

    The only reason why it works like that, it's because ITS A MONOPOLY.. wake up people.. we need an alternative FAST.

    And I could go on and on about why Cydia is ****.

    I must restore my iPhone to continue working, and I can't because of Cydia... else I cannot re-install what I need to continue my work. So it's been 2 days lost for me here mostly. Who will pay for this?

    It's time for a change.

    Don't get me wrong, I hate Cydia, and the only reason I use it, is because there is no other choice.

    Now flame me all you want, because if you do, then you seriously need to wipe the **** off your eyes.

    K.
    #FACT

  10. #90
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by kicker75 View Post
    Lol, you kidding right? Not only the front page would need serious work.. the whole stinking thing.

    First, let me remind you that the theme section, prior it's update, was left unchanged for at least 1 year. And why has it been updated rush?

    Because of Theme It, that's it.. it's no coincidence... a desperate attempt to try and compete with something much better.

    Also, have a look at the store itself. All you see is outdated product... and if you check out the featured, it's even worse, i never seen that list updated, and it's full of crap.

    So apart from search for a given package, what one must do to search for the paid packages? The "Cydia store" doesnt even list a 1/4, and the featured... well..

    So browsing the store is a pita, using it is also a pita... (remember Rock?... much better...)

    Oh, and did I mentionned everytime a jailbreak is released... the whole Cydia thing goes down.

    If Cydia can't handle 4.5 mil jailbreakers... it might just close right now. If Apple's server become useless everytime they release an update... people would certainly complain a whole lot more, and things would get fixed.

    Don't tell me Cydia doesn't make money, it probably makes a huge bundle of it. So it's not an issue.

    The only reason why it works like that, it's because ITS A MONOPOLY.. wake up people.. we need an alternative FAST.

    And I could go on and on about why Cydia is ****.

    I must restore my iPhone to continue working, and I can't because of Cydia... else I cannot re-install what I need to continue my work. So it's been 2 days lost for me here mostly. Who will pay for this?

    It's time for a change.

    Don't get me wrong, I hate Cydia, and the only reason I use it, is because there is no other choice.

    Now flame me all you want, because if you do, then you seriously need to wipe the **** off your eyes.

    K.
    I see your point, I may not agree with everything you stated though. Personally, I preferred Rock over Cydia but Cydia is not that bad either. I believe more options are better for everyone hence why Cydia and Rock gained the status they enjoy today since they became the alternative to iTunes/App Store.

    Either way, I would be satisfied with either option as long as I at least have the options to choose from!!
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  11. #91
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by jmillermcp View Post
    So all it took was Amazon's web services to crash to prompt Saurik to finally update the Cydia front page. How long is it going to keep warning about upgrading to 4.0.2? Don't get me wrong I love Cydia, just the front page could use some TLC.
    The front page for iPad is probably a year old too.
    I liked rock much better. Saurik should have ported his content to the rock style UI in lieu of vice versa.
    Now would be the right time for another competitor to step in. Don't get me wrong Cydia has done a great service to the JB community and I only hope it gets better soon.

  12. #92
    MMI's Official Devil Dog santacruzlocal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    SC California
    Posts
    620
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 45 Times in 37 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    Little late. and Why did I decide to upgrade to 4.3.2 last night
    I did the same exact thing ... Now I'm stuck with MyWi ... I'm so pissed right now

  13. #93
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Striknine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    169
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    How many people really believe Saurik is only sleeping for one and a half hour shifts? He should have someone else working for him if this is true. Maybe this is why the site hasn't been updated in quite a while.

  14. #94
    iPhoneaholic ninthchamber99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Amityville
    Posts
    308
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Striknine View Post
    How many people really believe Saurik is only sleeping for one and a half hour shifts? He should have someone else working for him if this is true. Maybe this is why the site hasn't been updated in quite a while.
    I would have definitely thought that there were more than just a couple of people working with Saurik. But who really knows.....
    "Once is an accident, Twice is a trend, Three times is evidence."

  15. #95
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    14
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    That is just with Amazon right
    If I jailbreak my device and i treat to put the program to read my T-mobile sincard it wont work.

  16. #96
    Green Apple
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brasil
    Posts
    42
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Default go get a life
    Quote Originally Posted by kicker75 View Post
    ...<snip>...
    Don't get me wrong, I hate Cydia, and the only reason I use it, is because there is no other choice.

    Now flame me all you want, because if you do, then you seriously need to wipe the **** off your eyes.
    K.
    Yes, there is a choice.
    GO AWAY.

    Just DON'T JAILBREAK! and come give us your ****, you're giving us the real deal to wipe off of our eyes!

    Switch to RIM, WinMo, Symbian, or go help make Android usable and safe.
    Speaking of "help"... What contributions do YOU give out to the community?

    Spoiled brats from hell, go back to where you belong.

    Stoopid loosers...

  17. #97
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    130
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by nutz View Post
    Yes, there is a choice.
    GO AWAY.

    Just DON'T JAILBREAK! and come give us your ****, you're giving us the real deal to wipe off of our eyes!

    Switch to RIM, WinMo, Symbian, or go help make Android usable and safe.
    Speaking of "help"... What contributions do YOU give out to the community?

    Spoiled brats from hell, go back to where you belong.

    Stoopid loosers...
    That is not a choice most people want to make, so they don't have to because you don't like what they have to say. Everyone has the right to voice their opinions and don't need to be called brats or "loosers" which I think you meant losers . What contributions do people need to do for a business besides buying their products? Do you go make your hamburgers at mc donalds? I think you are forgetting the biggest part of the equation here and that this is a business. IIRC rock had 5 or so employees working with them and cydia is way bigger if he does not have the employees still as it would seem from his claims there is a reason cydia is never updated. Get over yourself you have no right to call anyone who is buying and supporting saurik by purchasing from his store brats from hell.

  18. #98
    iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    116
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts

    Kicker75, the only issue I have with your post is that the current issue with Cydia is not due to a slough of new jailbreakers, accessing Cydia for the first time. This is because of Amazon's issues. Cydia is by far not the only website/server affected by this, and there's nothing Jay can do about it for the time being (save look for other places to host the server). Aside from that, your opinion is your own, and I have no doubt it is shared by many who have been in the JB community for years (myself since the days of Installer). Flaming is wholeheartedly unnecessary, just wanted to make sure you know why, in this particular instance, the server is down (going on what, 60+ hours?).

  19. #99
    iPhone? More like MyPhone johnr9412's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    198
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts

    I didn't even know there was a problem until now..and for some reason now all I want to do is go on Cydia and get a bunch of new tweaks simply because I can't!

    Oh. And to the Writer.
    What the heck is that on your phones status bar?? Next to the orientation lock symbol
    Last edited by johnr9412; 04-23-2011 at 01:28 PM.
    my SPOON is too big

  20. #100
    iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Orange County NY
    Posts
    121
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts

    Good luck getting Cydia back up and running. For the folks complaining about Saurik and the way he runs things I think the system is pretty decent. Think about how boring and dull our idevices would be without Saurik or the other pioneers of jailbreaking.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts