+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Comments on Cydia Outage and Ongoing Recovery Efforts

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by jonathan1683 The problem is he does not have a back up that can be used. Who with this much people relying on him do not have a
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,357 Times in 1,074 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    The problem is he does not have a back up that can be used. Who with this much people relying on him do not have a back up server that can be ran while this is being repaired? He also acquired rock so now there is no alternative to use the service while his is down.
    The answer is Saurik. Everybody makes mistakes. We aren't all perfect ya know. Im positive he never wanted this to happen. Damns you guys get pissed when he doesn't have control over it. Grow up. It should be fixed soon

Green Apple
    Thanks

The problem is he does not have a back up that can be used. Who with this much people relying on him do not have a back up server that can be ran while this is being repaired? He also acquired rock so now there is no alternative to use the service while his is down.
    Listen, i purchased a iHub via Amazom b4 they were gone b4 Apple got mad at the website that was selling them, i got a e-mail confirming my purchase,and when i go to check my account, i get, "No orders found.
    Don't see what you're looking for? Try using the search box above, or select a different time period from the drop-down menu." I'm sure after Amazon gets their you-know-what-together, my order will be fine. I'm sure they have wayyyyy more ppl depending on their servers than Saurik does(since he uses their servers), so i'm not really stressing it. calm down man!!

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't know what you think im looking for, I never stated I was looking for anything. I am only stating my opinion and don't need to calm down as I am not excited. I just think cydia is way under managed. If I am wrong then people can tell me I am wrong. I am no expert, but it doesn't take a genius to know you backup your business data services and always have a backup plan for outages.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I don't know what you think im looking for, I never stated I was looking for anything. I am only stating my opinion and don't need to calm down as I am not excited. I just think cydia is way under managed. If I am wrong then people can tell me I am wrong. I am no expert, but it doesn't take a genius to know you backup your business data services and always have a backup plan for outages.
    well, im guessing you at some point were looking for your money back since you stated that, "paypal wont do anything about it since its software." I'm sure you paid for more than $10 worth of apps in the last two days, anyway. Take a chill-pill or have some Hippie-lettuce. calm down

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drewstone View Post
    well, im guessing you at some point were looking for your money back since you stated that, "paypal wont do anything about it since its software." I'm sure you paid for more than $10 worth of apps in the last two days, anyway. Take a chill-pill or have some Hippie-lettuce. calm down

I was talking in regards to the apps that do not work currently that are outdated and are on the cydia home page. I did not purchase anything recently or need anything. I will "chill out" so that you don't need to continue telling me to.

Thanks

Good news

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was talking in regards to the apps that do not work currently that are outdated and are on the cydia home page. I did not purchase anything recently or need anything. I will "chill out" so that you don't need to continue telling me to.
    so then why are you looking for paypal to help with you with anything? if you didn't pay for somehting paypay aint gonna help you. quit your whining, you sound like my 3year old.

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it up to the developers to update thier apps on cydia? Like I said I could be wrong here

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

switch to Rackspace hosting

Thanks

Yeah it is weird that the psn server has been down for 2-3 days here on Nor-Cal....

Oh well I guess I'll just fight Nazi Zombies on my own wish me luck lol

But I do hope it everything gets fixed soon.....

Thanks

so then why are you looking for paypal to help with you with anything? if you didn't pay for somehting paypay aint gonna help you. quit your whining, you sound like my 3year old.
    You don't even know what you are talking about is the problem. This was long ago I am saying that he needs to remove apps that he is charging for if they are no longer working correctly. I complained back then to the dev and to paypal about the issue and they did nothing. I could care less what you think or what I sound like to you. Keep going with your little insults, whatever makes you feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by urwack View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't it up to the developers to update thier apps on cydia? Like I said I could be wrong here
    Yes, but saurik is selling them and if they do not function properly they should be removed. Just like they would in the app store.
    Last edited by jonathan1683; 04-23-2011 at 01:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

and just to show you how silly you are, when i wrote in quotes,

"No orders found.
    Don't see what you're looking for? Try using the search box above, or select a different time period from the drop-down menu."

was the from the Amazon website, i really didn't care what YOU were looking for. Try looking at this, b4 you trash people and educate yourself b4 posting stupid crap

Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2)

Thanks

educate myself how? Educate me and if I am wrong you win, but you posted something irrelevant to my complaint which was cydia is under managed and should have been backed with a data and service back up. Did your post somehow make my complaint invalid? What are you trying to win here? I could be totally missing the point, but you are the one posting about your amazon orders which mean nothing to me and something I never complained about.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bigliquid530 View Post
    Yeah it is weird that the psn server has been down for 2-3 days here on Nor-Cal....

Oh well I guess I'll just fight Nazi Zombies on my own wish me luck lol

But I do hope it everything gets fixed soon.....
    PSN has been down for everyone so no Portal 2 or SOCOM 4 MP for me ugggg

Green Apple
    Thanks

educate myself how? Educate me and if I am wrong you win, but you posted something irrelevant to my complaint which was cydia is under managed and should have been backed with a data and service back up. Did your post somehow make my complaint invalid? What are you trying to win here? I could be totally missing the point, but you are the one posting about your amazon orders which mean nothing to me and something I never complained about.
    let me educate ,you since you don't seem to understand.some companies(Cydia,small company) use other companies servers(Amazon,much bigger company), since its MUCH cheaper to do so. Yet,Apple will have spent a $1Billion on 500,00 square foot facility to house all apps via their store. Yet,you wanna complain that you get 95%apps/tweaks, etc for free.Grow up already, you are the same kinda **** that will demand a unlock or jailbreak. Do all the work yourself and stop ********!

Thanks

let me educate ,you since you don't seem to understand.some companies(Cydia,small company) use other companies servers(Amazon,much bigger company), since its MUCH cheaper to do so. Yet,Apple will have spent a $1Billion on 500,00 square foot facility to house all apps via their store. Yet,you wanna complain that you get 95%apps/tweaks, etc for free.Grow up already, you are the same kinda **** that will demand a unlock or jailbreak. Do all the work yourself and stop ********!
    Amen

Thanks

Guys I really don't think any more fighting or arguing will help. Thanks!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    Little late. and Why did I decide to upgrade to 4.3.2 last night
    Yeah, no joke. I upgraded last night to try and figure what addons were causing me problems and now i can't download none of the good ones or my themes.

Thanks

I understand how it works and making a backup of it is cheap as well hosting costs beans these days just like the above mentioned rackspace. I pay for all my apps weather it be in the app store or in cydia that I use even the MMI/shazam/PDAnet apps they aren't really necessary to register I just pay for anything I use that is purchasable, but you are throwing random ideas out that I expect them for free, where did I say this and why are you mad at me? I always support the devs so long as they are supplying working products. I don't need to be educated in understanding hosting it's a pretty simple concept. The very reason cydia is small would be more of a reason for them to keep their "little company" ran properly. I don't think it's as small as you claim, but I am no one to pass the large amounts of judgment as you are. I think you actually need to chill since you are getting so worked up talking about me personally and explaining what type of person I am when you have no idea. It's kind of funny though. What work exactly am I to do myself? Oh right create every app and make my own cydia right?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Str4y View Post
    Guys I really don't think any more fighting or arguing will help. Thanks!
    yup, your right, i get off work in 15 min and this guy just doesn't get it. if i am wrong, i'll take any/all criticism. Happy Easter to all. Goin home to eat Easter pie!!