Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Saurik Comments on Cydia Outage and Ongoing Recovery Efforts

Green Apple
    Thanks

So all it took was Amazon's web services to crash to prompt Saurik to finally update the Cydia front page. How long is it going to keep warning about upgrading to 4.0.2? Don't get me wrong I love Cydia, just the front page could use some TLC.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jmillermcp For This Useful Post:

Go Gators (04-23-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me luvmytj's Avatar
    Thanks

So I have to purchase your app to see if what you say is true?
    I smell spam!
    Last edited by j3st3r; 04-23-2011 at 01:43 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by luvmytj View Post
    So I have to purchase your app to see if what you say is true?
    I smell spam!
    Not to defend the spammer but the app is free on app store. You basically scan stuff at your local supercenter and you get points. The app gives you items based on what the store is. Kinda like those school fundraisers you sell $500 worth of stuff for a $15 reward. But all in all what he did was spam..... SPAMMER lol

Stay on topic please lol

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by coolguy742 View Post
    I didn't say first... And that's the point of the name, I'm a total nerd/not cool @ my school it's a joke... I was adding that for the lawlz...
    +100 Ha Cole..

"Digital Disaster" is right. I've never heard of such a prominent service going down for so long. What they heck went wrong??

I hope intelliborn won't ask me to buy tlert again now that this crash is keeping it from working. Why is alert dependent on the amazon server?

iPhone? More like MyPhone urwack's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifones View Post
    I hope intelliborn won't ask me to buy tlert again now that this crash is keeping it from working. Why is alert dependent on the amazon server?
    I used Tlert earlier toinght and didn't have a problem not sure if this was before the outage or not. I also used Paypal to buy it as well not sure if that makes a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by n80r View Post
    so this is why cydia's shsh is gone?
    Its gone? Good thing I use SHSHit.

Quote Originally Posted by teej1410 View Post
    Its gone? Good thing I use SHSHit.
    +1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Quote Originally Posted by mikerlx View Post
    I had already purchased Barrel but there is an upgrade that I cannot access for it so this posts confirms what's going on

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi
    Yeah I have several paid tweaks/apps that won't update due to this outage.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Dude this sucks, looking on everyone's comment, I was upgrading my iPod to 4.3.2 just in the moment the server goes down, thats why I couldnt download the theme A 266 Collection from BigBoss source.

Now I have a JB iPod Touch with no Cydia at all, couldn't save my SHSH.

I still have some backups from iTunes that, in my opinion, could gave me all the things I have from that moment, including some stuffs from Cydia.

anyone knows if I put that backup on my iPod will I get, at least, a working Cydia? because it crashes a lot for me now.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sounds like Apple is taking an alternative route to combat jailbreaking. O.o

This service has been working fine for YEARS now. Why all of a sudden did it take a steamy dump?

The second jailbreaking is no more.....bye bye iPhone.

i think they have a few laid-off air traffic controllers manning the Amazon site in Northern Virginia and those bastards fell asleep...again!! haha

Thanks

Yeah I can't Update Folder Enhancer.Every time I try to it tells me that it's Unable to Reach the Host..which just BUGS me cause I hate seeing that Changes notifications thing.I hope they fix it with-in a certain amount of Time.
    It is Not by our Hands that things Change, BUT rather our Interventions that change ourselves.

Chris iPhone5 16GB(Evasion Jailbreak
    iPad Mini 16GB, Apple TV 3rd Gen
    )
    Mac Mini (2012 Model) Running Mavericks
    Cydia Account #895872

Thanks

The second jailbreaking is no more.....bye bye iPhone.[/QUOTE]
    Sorry, No but Android OS requires nearly a 300 page manual to comprehend. iPhone is easier to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Megaorange View Post
    Little late. and Why did I decide to upgrade to 4.3.2 last night
    Me too bro, but i had to restore! Some of the repos are still up though!

Being lazy kicked saurik in the ***. I am surprised he even changed the home page. Maybe he should update some of the apps. There are so many that don't work or are not compatible that I paid for and you cant even complain because paypal wont do anything about it since its software. I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have backups of the data or the blobs if amazon cant get it back. It seems he just does enough to get by with cydia.

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    Being lazy kicked saurik in the ***. I am surprised he even changed the home page. Maybe he should update some of the apps. There are so many that don't work or are not compatible that I paid for and you cant even complain because paypal wont do anything about it since its software. I wouldn't be surprised if he didnt have backups of the data or the blobs if amazon cant get it back. It seems he just does enough to get by with cydia.
    Do you not realize it's Amazon's servers that he uses and there is nothing Saurik can do about it, or are you just understanding the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by drewstone View Post
    Do you not realize it's Amazon's servers that he uses and there is nothing Saurik can do about it, or are you just understanding the problem?
    The problem is he does not have a back up that can be used. Who with this much people relying on him do not have a back up server that can be ran while this is being repaired? He also acquired rock so now there is no alternative to use the service while his is down.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast