+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Sending New Hires To The Clouds

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
I know, I know. We've heard a whole lot of talk about Apple investing in cloud-based services - or "digital lockers" - in the "very near future." To date, nothing
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,474 Times in 561 Posts

Default Apple Sending New Hires To The Clouds

I know, I know. We've heard a whole lot of talk about Apple investing in cloud-based services - or "digital lockers" - in the "very near future." To date, nothing has manifested. But an interesting set of new job openings posted on Apple's corporate website suggest that there's reason to keep hope alive for these long-rumored cloud based services.

Apple is looking to augment is Cupertino team with some new cloud-friendly engineers. In the past 48 hours, Apple has posted new job listings for several positions, one of which - most interestingly - is for a "Cloud Systems Software Engineer." In the job posting, Apple says the new hire will be absorbed into a "small team" entrusted with the responsibility of bulking up "the future of cloud services at Apple."

From gargantuan new data centers to new job openings at the company, Apple is clearly gearing up for a major play toward the clouds. Unfortunately, however, it remains unclear how soon or how elaborate the initial foray will prove. At least it finally appears that we're getting closer than ever to having this mystery solved.

Many believe this summer's World Wide Developer's Conference - which may or may not involve a preview of the iPhone 5 - will set the stage for the future of Apple's cloud-based products and services. In the absence of any hot new mobile gadgets and refreshed product lines, Apple will surely need to wow audiences with its software and operating system advancements - advancements that may be embellished by cloud-based attributes presently in development.

Source: Apple Insider
    Last edited by Michael Essany; 04-13-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

To the possible Cloud!

Thanks

Without a doubt they're are preparing to launch something huge. Just wish we had more facts instead of rumors. Looking forward to this.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

I have converted my business over to strictly cloud based management. I can't wait to see what Apple will come up with.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    I have converted my business over to strictly cloud based management. I can't wait to see what Apple will come up with.
    The company I work for does this with Citrix metaframe, its nice for the IT guys but very slow for us which I hate.

Thanks

The first thing they will implement is Cloud activations. Mark my word!!! You heard it here first.

All it takes is for you to pass in the EDID or phone number to a simple Web Service, switch a bit flag, and then return 1 or 0 indicating that the process was successful. This could probably be done over the slowest EDGE network. Apple just needs a ton of database and web-servers to handle the traffic - which they will have up and running soon.

Securing this stuff is going to be a pain though.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
    Securing this stuff is going to be a pain though.
    That is what separates the men from the ladies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boxxa View Post
    That is what separates the men from the ladies.

TRUE!!! And it separates the rich from the poor.

iPhone? More like MyPhone LamboFan's Avatar
    Thanks

Reach for the clouds, Apple!

Thanks

I could careless (at the moment)... What's the point of streaming media, uploading and downloading files on the go if AT&T if doesn't offer unlimited data??? In the meantime, Apple to push out 64GB and 128GB flash memory for the iPhones!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan1683 View Post
    The company I work for does this with Citrix metaframe, its nice for the IT guys but very slow for us which I hate.
    haha I know. My guys complained for weeks and I finally got them used to it.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    haha I know. My guys complained for weeks and I finally got them used to it.
    VMware FTW

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Every thing seems going to the cloud but all the phone and ISP's are starting to limit data. If all my data is streaming how many time can I listen to an MP3 before my 2gb of data for the month is up?

Thanks

I'm not against cloud storage but these data caps are going to be a pain.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crash8668 View Post
    Every thing seems going to the cloud but all the phone and ISP's are starting to limit data. If all my data is streaming how many time can I listen to an MP3 before my 2gb of data for the month is up?
    Your right...

The cloud seemed great until all of this AT&T hate mail started.

So Apple starts a cloud service, but if we actually use it to stream all of our music and videos to our phones, we go way over 5g a month (2 gigs for most), and AT&T looks at us even more, flags our accounts, etc....

Perhaps this is why it has taken Apple so long to get to the Cloud?? It's a good theory. If all of this data is being streamed (and it will be A TON) who will be carrying the biggest burden? Obviously the carriers (AT&T and Verizon), I wouldn't be surprised if they have been the biggest opponents to Apple going to the cloud.
    El Zurdo

Thanks

That's great news! Ever since I was little, I wanted to jump around on clouds! Now these guys get to work up on them? How cool is that!!! Thanks apple, for yet another miracle!

Thanks

Can any one direct me how to get "it Safe Mode" off my newly jailbroken off my iPhone 4.3.1
    My phone isn't working properly

Please Help
    Thank you

Paulie V

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life BenderRodriguez's Avatar
    Thanks

So if apple I sending people o the clouds does that mean that here killing people or giving them jet packs to stay in the air with the clouds? Or maybe a floating city?
    ..... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Paulie V View Post
    Can any one direct me how to get "it Safe Mode" off my newly jailbroken off my iPhone 4.3.1
    My phone isn't working properly

Please Help
    Thank you

Paulie V
    Uninstall the last thing you installed from cydia, if that doesn't work keep uninstalling stuff, a program that u recently installed is crashing or not meant for 4.3.1 yet thus a crash is occurring