+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iTunes May Be Forced to Charge Local Tax if New Federal Law Passes

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Originally Posted by vantheman169 Are you serious about taxing everyone the same? So if i make 80,000 a year, and Joe Dirt makes 250,000 year, the amount of taxes taken
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    Are you serious about taxing everyone the same? So if i make 80,000 a year, and Joe Dirt makes 250,000 year, the amount of taxes taken out should be the same? Are you outta your EFFFING MIND? Thats whats wrong with the country these days, this is straight Republican talk here, tax break, tax break tax break, oh You mean by giving big companys huge tax breaks for sending their business overseas to India and take jobs away from the American people they should be rewarded for that? Thanks George W. Bush. You jackass.
    Wow, someone has just made himself look extremely foolish... Instead of forming an intelligent statement you completely misunderstand what someone says, and called him a "jackass." but that's to be expected from a liberal democrat I suppose. Tax is based on percentage, not one set amount. So it would be logical to tax the same to everyone, Joe dirt makes $250k making something like say 10% tax to be $25,000. While the other guy who makes $80,000 pay $8,000. The man "Joe Dirt" pays 3x more in taxes because he makes 3x more, plain, simple, and fair. So next time, before blowing up like an utter fool, try to understand what you've just read.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nightsoarer For This Useful Post:

carlbgc (04-12-2011)

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nightsoarer View Post
    Wow, someone has just made himself look extremely foolish... Instead of forming an intelligent statement you completely misunderstand what someone says, and called him a "jackass." but that's to be expected from a liberal democrat I suppose. Tax is based on percentage, not one set amount. So it would be logical to tax the same to everyone, Joe dirt makes $250k making something like say 10% tax to be $25,000. While the other guy who makes $80,000 pay $8,000. The man "Joe Dirt" pays 3x more in taxes because he makes 3x more, plain, simple, and fair. So next time, before blowing up like an utter fool, try to understand what you've just read.
    I was calling our former president who spent BILLIONS of dollars on stupid crap a jackass, nobody on MMi.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Of course this would come from Durbin, in Illinois where they are billions in the red due to overspending. Raising taxes is always popular among the uneducated because most of them don't have to pay them anyway.

Obama's Support Equals People with No Taxes - Associated Content from Yahoo! - associatedcontent.com

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Well, you get what you vote for. Remember, Democrats are always for higher taxes. Higher taxes fund their social programs and Unions, and in turn those people vote for them and give them money (Union money is called "Dues" - it comes from the tax payer and goes directly into the Democratic wallet to pay for their reelection campains).

Yup, higher taxes are simply a result of government corruption, plain and simple.

I don't care who you vote for, just don't vote Democrat.

This. Period. It's a shame most people don't understand this.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I was calling our former president who spent BILLIONS of dollars on stupid crap a jackass, nobody on MMi.
    Alright, well maybe you should have said "what a jackass" or something to that effect. Because when someone writes "you jackass" that's going to be interpreted as being directed towards who you're speaking to, not who your talking about.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,602 Times in 778 Posts

I think our current president is doing the same thing in a shorter amount of time. Just sayin...not tryin to argue..

All of these posts is why I don't pay attention to or talk about politics....it's pointless!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thazsar For This Useful Post:

hfinmyblood (04-12-2011), holygamer22 (04-12-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Try living in England. These fools tax me on watching T ****** V. And I have to pay more to watch it in color!

With that said, iTunes needs to go subscription pricing. Flat rate unlimited FTW

Green Apple
    Thanks

What the hell? I already get taxed (just a few cents) for every song I download! I'm in US and the government already taxes like crazy! Thanks alot, obama, bush, and Clinton, for destroying my American dream!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Stop the war on drugs that will fix the deficit. Legalize marijuana for recreational and medicinal use and grow Hemp for its fast renewable resources clothes, fuel, hemp seed oil. And tax people that buy marijuana like they do Cigarettes and Alcohol <---which kill people everyday (marijuana has never caused 1 death EVER). Don't start taxing us on digital content please. Thank you.
    I cannot begin to tell you how ignorant and remedial your statement is, (marijuana has never caused 1 death EVER). Please tell that to the hundreds and thousands of mothers and fathers who have lost love one due to the effects and direct use of marijuana. I have personally seen the effects, your so-called innocent marijuana, has had on many people. Most of them have fortunately not been death victims, but is their quality of life any better? No, I support them due to their pathetic work ethic and their dependency on Welfare and other social programs. If you happen to be one of these people maybe take a step back and look from the outside-in, and maybe just maybe, you will see your sorry self relying on everyone else around you to foot-your-bill.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I usually don't post, Im a lurker but we can't complain and ***** about congress and not vote at the same type lol

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by klouud View Post
    Did I say anything about a political party? IMO they all are self serving and are an unavoidable evil in the US government. I wish we could do away with them because the 2 major sides do more fighting between themselves than actual work.

Now... you my friend are nuts.
    80,000 x 0.10 (10%) = $8,000
    250,000 x 0.10 (10%) = $25,000

Taxed the same but I still pay more. How is this unfair?
    But the fair tax puts 22-24% tax on all sales... and thats it. The same for everyone. How is that unfair? And it would actually generate more revenue than our current system and leave more money in the hands of the citizens.

the only people that lose are those that are manipulating the system for their own dishonest gain.

tim
    That makes very good sense....which must be the reason why government is not implementing it. Because putting policies in place that benefit alot more people, leave less room for manipulation, put more money in more Americans' pockets, and just make sense overall......that's just outrageous!

God forbid we have an educated society that can afford college tuition and has the mental capacity to NOT become reliant on this government's assistance.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore0157 View Post
    I cannot begin to tell you how ignorant and remedial your statement is, (marijuana has never caused 1 death EVER). Please tell that to the hundreds and thousands of mothers and fathers who have lost love one due to the effects and direct use of marijuana. I have personally seen the effects, your so-called innocent marijuana, has had on many people.
    Oh do tell! I'd love to hear your stories especislly considering marijuana is the only substance that has never been the cause of death due to overdose or health complications in the entire world. Stupidity does not count, but it looks like you have that covered.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Wilbourn For This Useful Post:

dmoore0157 (04-12-2011)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    I already pay 6% Michigan sales tax on all purchases through iTunes.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dmoore0157 View Post
    Sounds like a standard response from some liberal-egotistical punk with little respect for American ingenuity. Calling out the super powers and there entrepreneurship, which, strategically over looks their contributions via “bricks and mortar”. To demonize capitalism for not paying its, “fair share of taxes”, is the epitome of the pot calling the kettle black. After all, was it not Durbin and his cronies who signed the very legislation that put us Americans in such dire restraints? But, I’m sure such an elite, educated, and just man would never fathom such hypocrisy.
    1st post? Really? Demonize capitalism? Liberal-egotistical punk? Misspell "their?" (****) Richard Durbin put us in a recession? American ingenuity?

Wow! How's your tea?

If you think the people you see on TV have YOUR best interest at heart, just wait. They could care less about you, or me. Power is everything, and power does not have a social conscience. They just want your vote, until it doesn't matter anymore. Wait until Medicare is gutted and your mom can't get health care. Wait until the minimum wage is rolled back and you or your kids are making whatever the companies want to pay them. Wait until unions are completely eviscerated and employers go back to the 12-hour workday and the six-day workweek. To think you are on the side of the angels is your biggest weakness. There are no angels in business, just rich people wanting to get richer. You think it can't happen here. Well, who's going to stop it from happening? The danger is in believing that business is on your side. It's not on anyone's side. It's out for itself.

Study your history. Read (really read) Adam Smith. Quit throwing buzzwords around like they mean something. What, in the name of all that's holy, does "liberal-egotistical" mean?

Edit- wait, an argument for flat tax, again? Really? Let's see- you make $300.000 and pay 10%. You have $270,000 left over to buy stuff. Someone else makes $50,000 and pays 10%, and has $45,000 left over. The wealth of the country is in the hands of about 2% of the population. Who do you think pays the most taxes, the rich or the poor? Ninety-eight percent is paying the majority of taxes, and trying to get by. The really wealthy pay the SAME percentage, and can buy a Ferrari AND a house. Oh, yeah, fair. The poor can also not get tax breaks, and leverage deals and hire lobbyists to bribe politicians to fiddle with the laws. They are too busy making that PB&J for dinner. If you are truly rich (above a million), you SHOULD be paying more. Oh, and as to Democrats raising taxes, I seem to recall a guy named Bush raising them as well. Uh, George Herbert Walker ring a bell?

As to corporations not "paying their (ooh, right again) fair share of taxes":

General Electric, what the Times calls America's largest corporation, paid no taxes at all in 2010 despite global pre-tax income of more than $14 billion.

A full $5.1 billion of that was earned in the United States. This is the second year in a row they've managed to completely avoid taxes. But get this, not only did GE pay absolutely no taxes in 2010 or 2009, but they actually pocketed more than $3 billion in government tax credits according to the Times. Yes, the government paid GE.

About a year ago, ABC News reported the same thing happened in 2009, throwing Exxon in the mix as well.

Avoiding taxes is nothing new for General Electric. In 2008 its effective tax rate was 5.3 percent; in 2007 it was 15 percent. The marginal U.S. corporate rate is 35 percent.
    Last edited by mr117; 04-12-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    Senior

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I'm in Colorado and have to pay taxes because theres an physical apple store here.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    That makes very good sense....
    God forbid we have an educated society
    this is mainly what libs want. They are afraid of people like Tim who has common sense and doesn't rely on govt garbage that they try to force feed you. Ever wonder why education is trash nowadays? They WANT you to become dependent on them and become hateful and jealous toward the hard-working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It's always the dems that propose the shittiest ideas

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hfinmyblood View Post
    this is mainly what libs want. They are afraid of people like Tim who has common sense and doesn't rely on govt garbage that they try to force feed you. Ever wonder why education is trash nowadays? They WANT you to become dependent on them and become hateful and jealous toward the hard-working.
    Education is trash today because of people like me who try to teach your children the basics that you don't bother to teach them at home? I'd get paid more if I was a babysitter. But we plug away because we think it's good for the kids and for the the country to educate them- of course, if the state board of ed would just leave us alone, we could teach to the subject, not to the test, and if Georgy-Porgie's No Child Left Behind had actually been FUNDED we'd have the money to furnish the schools with supplies instead of our having to buy the supplies instead (I spend $500-1000 yearly just to buy supplies for my classroom). Of course, we could just stop and let your kids roam the streets. I'm sure they'd learn a lot that way. And I'm certain you would step in and teach them all you know as well. Right?

So I guess I'M the bad guy, because I have ten years of college and spend all my time trying to help your kids grow up and get a good job, and am underpaid (pay cuts the past two years, paying more and more of my own benefits, and now layoffs are coming), because.... wait, why am I the bad guy?
    Senior

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    Typical liberal democrat. Spend Spend Spend, Tax Tax Tax.
    Seriously troll?

So I guess it's better to start a (expensive) never ending war, give extra $200 to everyone once in a while, and put your country into a huge deficit and pretend it never happened because you left the problem for the next person in line.
    Last edited by Norb; 04-12-2011 at 04:49 PM.

Thanks

I hate republicans.