+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Anonymous Reportedly Takes Aim at Sony as Retribution for Geohot

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
An yes I agree what anonymous is doing is a felony, it is wrong. Sony is also using bad business practices. However this does not justify committing a felony. Just
    My iPhone is a Part of Me coolguy742's Avatar
    Thanks

An yes I agree what anonymous is doing is a felony, it is wrong. Sony is also using bad business practices. However this does not justify committing a felony. Just sayin'.
    If you don't like the way Sony is treating you, buy an xBox like I'm about to.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to coolguy742 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (04-07-2011)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Anonymous are everyone and no one. They have an almost limitless power when it comes to both Denial of service attacks and remaining anonymous. For everyone here thinking that there is a said group of people who go by the name "Anonymous".... There is no such thing. I agree with anon's motives even though they are not necessarily morally correct. Truth be told, Sony is in the wrong for suing Geohot. They've declared Jailbreaking legal and yet they are trying to claim their PS3 device remains in the grey area when it comes to Jailbreaking.

@ Undercover Moderator guy, with all due respect, annon's motives speak out for all the small voiceless people who disagree with the lawsuit and our "lack" of rights to do what we please with information we uncover while reverse engineering software on a ****** locked down platform. I come here with little ignorance to say that I understand why GEO is being sued and why Anon was attacking SONY.
    Anon gets Sony's attention because they hit them right where it hurts.
    They strike out and ensure our voices are heard. Anon is not by any means bad, they simply want justice.

That is all.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jahooba View Post
    Malicious hackers suck. If I ever meet one in person I'm going to break his fingers.
    What good would that do when the hacker could just purchase dictation software?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scatman10 View Post
    They've declared Jailbreaking legal and yet they are trying to claim their PS3 device remains in the grey area when it comes to Jailbreaking.
    Once again...SONY ARE NOT SUING ANYONE BECAUSE OF JAILBREAKING

I feel like stupidity is contagious on these boards

6. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

moon#pie (04-07-2011)

Thanks

Am I the only one who pictures Matthew Lillard in pigtails when I see threads like this?

Thanks

Internet killed the video star.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sammo123 View Post
    I think anonymous needs to keep the pressure on so Sony can back off. Hacktivists have a cause and need to take action to bring it to the attention of the public
    It would actually have the opposite effect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Once again...SONY ARE NOT SUING ANYONE BECAUSE OF JAILBREAKING

I feel like stupidity is contagious on these boards

I understand this quite well..... Sony is suing because of the keys that were shown to the world by GeoHot.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ClerkDante View Post
    Am I the only one who pictures Matthew Lillard in pigtails when I see threads like this?
    Maybe Geohot needs to contact Razor and Blade to help him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
    If they're hackers then wouldn't they probably just pirate it?
    Lol@"hacker" and "purchase" in the same sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by scatman10 View Post
    I understand this quite well..... Sony is suing because of the keys that were shown to the world by GeoHot.
    Technically the keys are stored on every PS3 ever sold right? So theoretically anyone who owns or has access to a PS3 could have obtained them which means by proxy they were already in possession of the keys. Furthermore, if they were in possession of the keys by proxy but didn't know where to find them then didn't Geohot technically find lost keys and return them to their rightful owners?

Oh man I love a good argument!
    Last edited by alexevo; 04-07-2011 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Manuallymerged Singlepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom7 View Post
    I would lmao watching a coder use dictation software. "I say 'A', not 'eh', damnit!!"

Quote Originally Posted by alexevo View Post
    Maybe Geohot needs to contact Razor and Blade to help him out.

If they're hackers then wouldn't they probably just pirate it?
    Lol@"hacker" and "purchase" in the same sentence.

Technically the keys are stored on every PS3 ever sold right? So theoretically anyone who owns or has access to a PS3 could have obtained them which means by proxy they were already in possession of the keys. Furthermore, if they were in possession of the keys by proxy but didn't know where to find them then didn't Geohot technically find lost keys and return them to their rightful owners?

Oh man I love a good argument!
    I don't think it's the keys. I believe it has more to do with code rather than 21394870892136597812649876ueljfabf7261pbdwap7dg12-98eh[db791g2hdjoih982y.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 04-07-2011 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sony and Apple need to learn something crucial. Many of their customers only buy their devices because they are too stupid to keep us from freeing their shackles of oppression and limitation. If apple and Sony would open up their firmware and software (which will never happen), they would have way more business because people like me like freedom, and not being restricted to a piece of STUFF that has no functionality. I think the reason apple gets so mad about jailbreakers is because they come up will all the best ideas before apple can. For example, folders, HS wallpaper, video camera, multitasking, copy/paste etc... Even the mods that apple has not stolen yet: Barrel, sbsettings, and others.

mod edit dont avoid the filters, just dont use fowl language please
    Last edited by Cowboy; 04-07-2011 at 07:51 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

so pissed that I couldnt even get on ps3 to talk to my gf because of these fools fk em.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rayzeur22 View Post
    Sony and Apple need to learn something crucial. Many of their customers only buy their devices because they are too stupid to keep us from freeing their shackles of oppression and limitation. If apple and Sony would open up their firmware and software (which will never happen), they would have way more business because people like me like freedom, and not being restricted to a piece of sh/it that has no functionality. I think the reason apple gets so mad about jailbreakers is because they come up will all the best ideas before apple can. For example, folders, HS wallpaper, video camera, multitasking, copy/paste etc... Even the mods that apple has not stolen yet: Barrel, sbsettings, and others.
    Watch your swear filter dodging.

Most people don't even care to have their things hacked. If I had a ps3, I wouldn't give a flying shizzle if it were "rooted". Most people who are rooting are doing it for the "free" apps and games. Not because they love playing in the UNIX command line.
    Last edited by moon#pie; 04-07-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Twitter: @tshoults

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker1 View Post
    Screw Sony. They deserve what they get. People say what Annonymous is doing is HIGHLY illegal? How about what Sony is doing is HIGHLY illegal? When you buy any device you should be able to do with it as you please. Geo did not do what he did for playing games for free. He was very clear about that. Sony is just pissed that others have used it to play their games for free and they don't want another PSP fiasco. Annonymous is just making a statement and to disrupt you from you online game for a couple of days or hours is not such a big deal. If you can't get off your PS3 for a couple of days then maybe you should re-examine your life and see if you can find something to do in your spare time than play PS3 all day long. Seriously, keep your on Sony big brother and support the little guys here.

Stryker
    Now thats what I'm talkin' about!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I DARE someone to show where Sony has done anything illegal in the Sony-George Hotz case....
    I won't hold my breath though.

Thanks

I think it's hilarious!

Thanks

not funny.
    They COULD just let geohot win his case. cause after all, he isn't doing anything wrong according to them, so he should win the case! so if he LOSES, he IS doing something wrong! so, uneducated people, lets just sit back and WATCH! Sony will not give UP unless this case starts losing an extremely significant amount of their income!

Green Apple
    Thanks

Sony has it's reasoning for what it did. Geohot is awesome and has done some pretty amazing stuff but his hack opened up many problems for Sony and it's product. Pirating is illegal and should never be allowed. Allowing people to play pirated games is wrong and Sony had every right to take action. Not to mention how annoying it is to get on a game and be overwhelmed by cheaters. Opening the ps3 to hacking is one thing but pirating shouldn't be in the equation.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DampDesigns View Post
    Sony has it's reasoning for what it did. Geohot is awesome and has done some pretty amazing stuff but his hack opened up many problems for Sony and it's product. Pirating is illegal and should never be allowed. Allowing people to play pirated games is wrong and Sony had every right to take action. Not to mention how annoying it is to get on a game and be overwhelmed by cheaters. Opening the ps3 to hacking is one thing but pirating shouldn't be in the equation.
    and as he said, he never intended piracy to be in the equation! why do people keep bringing this up?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    not funny.
    They COULD just let geohot win his case. cause after all, he isn't doing anything wrong according to them, so he should win the case! so if he LOSES, he IS doing something wrong! so, uneducated people, lets just sit back and WATCH! Sony will not give UP unless this case starts losing an extremely significant amount of their income!
    Yeah unfortunately justice isn't always that cut and dry, black and white, or fair. Too many times the big guys win because they spent the most money, contributed more tax revenue, and their higher-priced lawyers were more convincing to the jury.