+ Reply

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Final Cut Update Coming April 12?

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
The internet is blowing up once again with reports of a new Apple release, this time there is news of some under-loved software, the industry-defining movie editing software, Final Cut
    MMi Staff Writer
    Thanks

Default New Final Cut Update Coming April 12?

The internet is blowing up once again with reports of a new Apple release, this time there is news of some under-loved software, the industry-defining movie editing software, Final Cut Pro. And we've got some new reason to believe that we may see this one in a week's time.

The report first came from ProVideoCoalition. They state that Apple plans on releasing the product in conjunction with the Final Cut Pro User Group SuperMeet, which takes place one week from today, April 12:

Apple will be using the Vegas Supermeet to announce the next version of Final Cut Pro. Supposedly, Apple will be taking over the entire event for their announcement, canceling all other sponsors, including AJA, Avid, Canon, BlackMagic, Autodesk and others, who were set to give presentations.
    Although this rumor has not been officially confirmed, there's reason to believe this rumor has some validity. Apple has apparently demanded they be the only with main stage time, ousting many other popular video companies, including Canon, Avid, and Autodesk, who've all confirmed that Apple will be the head honcho at the event.

We have no reports on what the update of Final Cut will include, although we did hear rumor in both February and November that Apple planned on releasing the software in Spring 2011. Well, hear we are- we'll let you know if Apple delivers.

Source:
    TUAW

Thanks
    Thanked 1,141 Times in 891 Posts

Would be nice for this to get an update. Prefer the older version compared to the most recent.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Sounds pretty nice

My iPhone is a Part of Me Rob2G's Avatar
    Thanks

Im gonna have to check this out when it drops.
    [SIGPIC]

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

An update will be nice.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    was about time. what it includes? BUG FIXES!

My iPhone is a Part of Me JazJon's Avatar
    Thanks

I wish we could run iMovie or Final Cut Pro in a VMWare version of Mac OS. (something about Quartz Extreme required, no 3D driver support in VMWare)

I googled that and found someone is writing a VMware addition to make it work, but progress is slow and stalled.

What is the state of getting Quartz Extreme to work? - InsanelyMac Forum

I have a fully loaded Windows 7 box (living room Media Center) computer. (max memory, top end intel chip) VMware would be perfect so I can make sure I don't miss TV Recordings happening etc. I might work on a dual boot but the install looks too complex.

I'm happy enough with Cyberlink Power Director. The new native 64 bit version is lightening fast, and processess AVCHD natively on the fly. I'd like to experiment around with Mac video editing though. I found one app to quickly convert AVCHD .MTS to Quicktime compatible iMovie ready clips.
    ClipWrap