+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple Braces for Another Top Executive Departure

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
Another prominent longtime Apple executive is leaving the Cupertino, California tech empire. Word broke Thursday that Apple's vice president of worldwide marketing communications Allison Johnson is on her way out.
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple Braces for Another Top Executive Departure

Another prominent longtime Apple executive is leaving the Cupertino, California tech empire. Word broke Thursday that Apple's vice president of worldwide marketing communications Allison Johnson is on her way out. Johnson's position with the company is so high up that she reports directly to Steve Jobs, the company's venerable CEO who is presently on medical leave.

While few specifics of the anticipated departure are known, it does appear that the departure is on good terms, amicable, and requisite for a new venture that Johnson is believed to be embarking upon. Digital Daily's John Paczkowski reported this morning that Johnson is supposedly in the process of co-founding a new marketing and communications firm with Brandee Barker, a former PR executive with Facebook.

"There's no dearth of marketing and communications talent at Apple, but Johnson's exit from the company is still notable," Paczkowski says, adding that Johnson will likely remain with Apple at least until summer. For now, neither Apple or Johnson are commenting on the matter. No word yet as to who may replace Johnson, an invaluable marketing veteran who came to Apple from Hewlett-Packard.

Johnson's expected departure is just the latest in a recent string of major executive losses for the company. Earlier this month, Apple issued a press release to announce that Mac OS X software pioneer Bertrand Serlet would be leaving Apple. At one time, Serlet was believed to have been a possible contender to replace Steve Jobs as CEO should the need for transition arise.

Source: Digital Daily

Green Apple
    Thanks

Just speculation, but perhaps she's leaving now that she knows she won't be getting Steve Jobs' job? =P

3. The Following User Says Thank You to sketchstudios For This Useful Post:

RonstaDaMonsta (03-31-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sketchstudios View Post
    Just speculation, but perhaps she's leaving now that she knows she won't be getting Steve Jobs' job? =P
    Lol probably true.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Thanks

could this be the start of a trend of Apple employees fleeing towards other ventures? wonder if anyone else is contemplating similar moves... only time will tell

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Who would replace Steve anyway?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

This does not look good, people jumping ship and they are all upper executives...

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RICO_ View Post
    Who would replace Steve anyway?
    Tim Cook. COO

Thanks

I'm thinking she wants to spend time with her family. Or got knocked up .LOL

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    haha +1

Green Apple
    Thanks
    i don't really care about the company, just give us JB~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default It's a bad sign!!
    The latest trend of Apple Executives fleeing for so called other ventures, is a sign that CEO Steve Jobs is not doing well. This is going to be the beginning of a downward spiral for Apple, but it will rise up again and maybe it will continue to dominate as always.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

When a ship is sinking and you can't find a way out, you follow the rats. I'd have to say the rats are fleeing and people are starting to follow.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

It could also just be that these people just aren't being challenged in their jobs anymore.
    Vice president of worldwide marketing communications, has much changed in Apple's marketing and advertising in the last 10 years? Not really.
    All their TV ads look the same: Product on a white background, camera does a 360, with some "trendy" song playing.
    It's come to a stage where Apple could dip poop in aluminum and slap the Apple logo on it and it would sell itself.

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kewty01 View Post
    i don't really care about the company, just give us JB~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This news doesn't talk about jailbreak nor did author ever mention any jailbreak or idevice. Stick to the news and you already have jailbreak for 4.3.1.

mm8
    Green Apple
    Thanks

Is just a marketing person...I don't think they matter that much, if it was the head of the hardware or the software development then it may be a different story...then again Apple marketing has always been brilliant.

My iPhone is a Part of Me iLoveWindows&iPhone's Avatar
    Thanks

Why is everyone acting like apple is "sinking" just because a few execs leave? Apple has never been more powerful, and more successful then it is right now. These execs, with their astounding success in recent years, probably are realizing that their personal stock is as high as it will ever be, and are taking advantage of this and taking great jobs and or endeavors. This is not a sign of apple collapsing, quite the opposite. It just shows how well respected these execs are for what they did at apple, and where they helped take apple....to the top!
    El Zurdo

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mm8 View Post
    Is just a marketing person...I don't think they matter that much, if it was the head of the hardware or the software development then it may be a different story...then again Apple marketing has always been brilliant.
    She mattered enough so she report directly to Jobs...

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveWindows&iPhone View Post
    Why is everyone acting like apple is "sinking" just because a few execs leave? Apple has never been more powerful, and more successful then it is right now. These execs, with their astounding success in recent years, probably are realizing that their personal stock is as high as it will ever be, and are taking advantage of this and taking great jobs and or endeavors. This is not a sign of apple collapsing, quite the opposite. It just shows how well respected these execs are for what they did at apple, and where they helped take apple....to the top!
    Upper executives do not leave their jobs unless something else better is waiting or something else going on that only they know about. I do not see any innovation coming from Apple the rest of this year and maybe the next, every recent products are just rehashed updated devices. The ship is not sinking but it is taking on a bit of water.
    Last edited by unison999; 03-31-2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Fallguy View Post
    rofl +1

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I wouldn't say Apple is "sinking" or even on the decline because just look at the facts like stock price and sales to realise that that is just plain wrong.

In terms of innovation I think they're beginning to plateau. The last innovation Apple really had was the iPhone in 2007, the iPod Touch and the iPad are just branches of that base innovation. Apple hasn't "wowed" (me) since the original iPhone announcement.
    In software terms, Leopard was the last big change Mac OS X I think. Snow Leopard was a refinement and tweaking, and so far Lion is just further refinement and a few UI changes.
    Same with iOS, it wowed when it first came out but it hasn't really changed that much in the last 4 years, with exception of the App Store, the base OS I think has become stagnant.
    I don't see Macbooks, iMacs, Mac Pro's looking any different 5 years time, than what they do now.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by unison999 View Post
    Upper executives do not leave their jobs unless something else better is waiting or something else going on that only they know about. I do not see any innovation coming from Apple the rest of this year and maybe the next, every recent products are just rehashed updated devices. The ship is not sinking but it is taking on a bit of water.
    Unfortunately the masses have gotten to where they are expecting a ground breaking development every year. Even if Apple goes 2 years with only improvements to existing devices they should be fine.