Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Geohot's Legal Team Takes Aim at Sony

Thanks

I typed up a long argument as to why Geohot's lawyer is both an idiot and very wrong, but I'd rather not give the prosecution any ideas...

We're going with "this argument is a fallacious sophistry, the prosecution will shoot this down even without the judge's help."

i would if i could be bothered to decipher all the legal jargon. plus i have a life and i dont want to waste what i've got left, reading about what we cant do to something which is legally ours.

if the likes of sony get their way and win cases like this, then who's to say where it will all end. before long, we will not own anything, we will be renting it off the likes of sony.

to cut the long story short, sony and other corporations just want to rule our lives, by demanding that we MUST use their products for the mannor that they were intended for. im sorry to inform them, but it's only human nature to dismantle things, to see how they work and try and to make them better. otherwise, we would still be driving around in model T Ford cars and computers would still be made up of tubes and valves. common sony etc, it's called the "industrial evolution".

Thats a good step up, nice to hear that, go let it rain man.......Good luck man.......

Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Thanks

Geohot > Sony

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

Banned
    Thanks

This is great to hear.
    $ony are so big and think they are the law. They arn't and need a good kicking down to size.
    I think everyone should boycott $ony so they finally realise they arnt the law and they arnt as big as they think.

I'm never going to buy anything $ony again after the way they've treated me like a criminal and I'm not. They are actually forcing me to piracy. Not a good move $ony.

I hope it gets thrown out of court so they loose all their money. they deserve it as they have too much as this stupid lawsuit proves it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

Banjy (03-30-2011)

I don't get it. I have yet to see sony sue anyone on the psp scene. They have gotten up to they point were they can sign programs to run on OFW on 6.20FW.

iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Thanks

Smoking pot is illegal.... Yet creating and even selling the tools to smoke it are completely legal; pipes, bongs etc... SONY please tell me the difference.

Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)
    then gave the hack away(free pipes for everyone)
    it was for installing homebrew(smoking tobacco)
    some people used it for illegal gaming(they smoked pot, o my)

FAIL..

I don't even smoke but thought it was a decent analogy...

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phoenix81 For This Useful Post:

A666R (03-31-2011), Banjy (03-30-2011), jamesgunaca (03-30-2011), Poseidon79 (03-30-2011), Trist06 (04-01-2011)

did anyone else donate to Geohot and then freak out when sony subpoenaed his paypal records

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    Smoking pot is illegal.... Yet creating and even selling the tools to smoke it are completely legal; pipes, bongs etc... SONY please tell me the difference.

Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)

FAIL..

....Great analogy

Quote Originally Posted by damoek View Post
    did anyone else donate to Geohot and then freak out when sony subpoenaed his paypal records
    Sony has asked for everything related to him. To my knowledge, they have asked for Paypal records and the IP address of EVERYONE who went to geohot.com and/or viewed the guide on YouTube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Thanks

Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)

FAIL..

HAHA you dont smoke? You would have to be high to even think of something like that! LOL

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

nautical79 (03-30-2011)

miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldgit9 View Post
    i would if i could be bothered to decipher all the legal jargon. plus i have a life and i dont want to waste what i've got left, reading about what we cant do to something which is legally ours.

if the likes of sony get their way and win cases like this, then who's to say where it will all end. before long, we will not own anything, we will be renting it off the likes of sony.

to cut the long story short, sony and other corporations just want to rule our lives, by demanding that we MUST use their products for the mannor that they were intended for. im sorry to inform them, but it's only human nature to dismantle things, to see how they work and try and to make them better. otherwise, we would still be driving around in model T Ford cars and computers would still be made up of tubes and valves. common sony etc, it's called the "industrial evolution".
    I am on the same page with you with the "what we bought is ours", but that's not what they are targeting.

Sony is attacking GeoHot for releasing his info online so that others could do the same to theirs. I don't agree with it at all!!! But the I bought it, it's mine theory doesn't apply to /this/ lawsuit.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 03-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    HAHA you dont smoke? You would have to be high to even think of something like that! LOL
    I really don't. But was at my buddies and his lady was smoking so it kinda came to me...

If he wins the case he should change the name of his exploit to " IT'sonLyRAIN"

Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

I sure hope Geo wins.... I think he will and if he does then maybe this can all come to a stop!

"Always remember your special and unique!"

I really don't. But was at my buddies and his lady was smoking so it kinda came to me...
    A better question is why don't you? Hah.

Anyways, I'm glad to see Geohot and his lawyers finally gain some ground. Hopefully this will help them win the case, not just for him, but for all jailbreakers out there. In the meantime, I'm still continuing my full-on, albeit meaningless, boycott of Sony. It's a shame they had to go full on apeshit because I was just starting to enjoy my jailbroken PS3. Looks like no PS4 for me.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Thanks

Good...Let's put that donated money to use

Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

Modding and customizing make products better in the long run, it opens windows others may have over looked. It brings new ideas, and expands the use of products. Sony just has something stuck up their *** because Geo, out smarted them.
    Go Geo!
    Last edited by Nickaroni22; 03-30-2011 at 12:28 AM.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Geohotz needs a better lawyer... Too bad Johnny Cochran past away or else he would counter-suit Sony for wasting Geohotz's time.

iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Thanks

Go George go! We're with you!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast