Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 106

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Geohot's Legal Team Takes Aim at Sony

  1. #21
    Super Galactic Moderator Orby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Omicron Persei Eight
    Posts
    5,748
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 632 Times in 556 Posts

    I typed up a long argument as to why Geohot's lawyer is both an idiot and very wrong, but I'd rather not give the prosecution any ideas...

    We're going with "this argument is a fallacious sophistry, the prosecution will shoot this down even without the judge's help."

  2. #22
    i would if i could be bothered to decipher all the legal jargon. plus i have a life and i dont want to waste what i've got left, reading about what we cant do to something which is legally ours.

    if the likes of sony get their way and win cases like this, then who's to say where it will all end. before long, we will not own anything, we will be renting it off the likes of sony.

    to cut the long story short, sony and other corporations just want to rule our lives, by demanding that we MUST use their products for the mannor that they were intended for. im sorry to inform them, but it's only human nature to dismantle things, to see how they work and try and to make them better. otherwise, we would still be driving around in model T Ford cars and computers would still be made up of tubes and valves. common sony etc, it's called the "industrial evolution".

  3. #23
    Thats a good step up, nice to hear that, go let it rain man.......Good luck man.......

  4. #24
    Livin the iPhone Life Bluemoldycheeze88's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ventura, California, United States
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 27 Times in 26 Posts

    Geohot > Sony


    Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In the shadows
    Posts
    798
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 74 Times in 47 Posts

    This is great to hear.
    $ony are so big and think they are the law. They arn't and need a good kicking down to size.
    I think everyone should boycott $ony so they finally realise they arnt the law and they arnt as big as they think.

    I'm never going to buy anything $ony again after the way they've treated me like a criminal and I'm not. They are actually forcing me to piracy. Not a good move $ony.

    I hope it gets thrown out of court so they loose all their money. they deserve it as they have too much as this stupid lawsuit proves it.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to NakedFaerie For This Useful Post:

    Banjy (03-30-2011)

  7. #26
    I don't get it. I have yet to see sony sue anyone on the psp scene. They have gotten up to they point were they can sign programs to run on OFW on 6.20FW.

  8. #27
    iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Smoking pot is illegal.... Yet creating and even selling the tools to smoke it are completely legal; pipes, bongs etc... SONY please tell me the difference.

    Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)
    then gave the hack away(free pipes for everyone)
    it was for installing homebrew(smoking tobacco)
    some people used it for illegal gaming(they smoked pot, o my)

    FAIL..

    I don't even smoke but thought it was a decent analogy...

  9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to phoenix81 For This Useful Post:

    A666R (03-31-2011), Banjy (03-30-2011), jamesgunaca (03-30-2011), Poseidon79 (03-30-2011), Trist06 (04-01-2011)

  10. #28
    did anyone else donate to Geohot and then freak out when sony subpoenaed his paypal records

  11. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    Smoking pot is illegal.... Yet creating and even selling the tools to smoke it are completely legal; pipes, bongs etc... SONY please tell me the difference.

    Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)
    then gave the hack away(free pipes for everyone)
    it was for installing homebrew(smoking tobacco)
    some people used it for illegal gaming(they smoked pot, o my)

    FAIL..

    I don't even smoke but thought it was a decent analogy...
    ....Great analogy

  12. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by damoek View Post
    did anyone else donate to Geohot and then freak out when sony subpoenaed his paypal records
    Sony has asked for everything related to him. To my knowledge, they have asked for Paypal records and the IP address of EVERYONE who went to geohot.com and/or viewed the guide on YouTube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  13. #31
    My iPhone is a Part of Me vantheman169's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Outter Space
    Posts
    888
    Thanks
    87
    Thanked 114 Times in 75 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    Smoking pot is illegal.... Yet creating and even selling the tools to smoke it are completely legal; pipes, bongs etc... SONY please tell me the difference.

    Geohot(pipe maker)
    made a hack(a bowl)
    then gave the hack away(free pipes for everyone)
    it was for installing homebrew(smoking tobacco)
    some people used it for illegal gaming(they smoked pot, o my)

    FAIL..

    I don't even smoke but thought it was a decent analogy...
    HAHA you dont smoke? You would have to be high to even think of something like that! LOL

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to vantheman169 For This Useful Post:

    nautical79 (03-30-2011)

  15. #32
    miPhone's better than yours GellBrake'rrrr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    D-town Tejas
    Posts
    490
    Thanks
    317
    Thanked 79 Times in 53 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by oldgit9 View Post
    i would if i could be bothered to decipher all the legal jargon. plus i have a life and i dont want to waste what i've got left, reading about what we cant do to something which is legally ours.

    if the likes of sony get their way and win cases like this, then who's to say where it will all end. before long, we will not own anything, we will be renting it off the likes of sony.

    to cut the long story short, sony and other corporations just want to rule our lives, by demanding that we MUST use their products for the mannor that they were intended for. im sorry to inform them, but it's only human nature to dismantle things, to see how they work and try and to make them better. otherwise, we would still be driving around in model T Ford cars and computers would still be made up of tubes and valves. common sony etc, it's called the "industrial evolution".
    I am on the same page with you with the "what we bought is ours", but that's not what they are targeting.

    Sony is attacking GeoHot for releasing his info online so that others could do the same to theirs. I don't agree with it at all!!! But the I bought it, it's mine theory doesn't apply to /this/ lawsuit.
    Last edited by GellBrake'rrrr; 03-29-2011 at 11:16 PM.

  16. #33
    iPhone? More like MyPhone phoenix81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    171
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by vantheman169 View Post
    HAHA you dont smoke? You would have to be high to even think of something like that! LOL
    I really don't. But was at my buddies and his lady was smoking so it kinda came to me...

  17. #34
    If he wins the case he should change the name of his exploit to " IT'sonLyRAIN"

  18. #35
    Super Sweet Moderator thetoothfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In Michigan And Florida
    Posts
    6,536
    Thanks
    3,597
    Thanked 1,003 Times in 565 Posts

    I sure hope Geo wins.... I think he will and if he does then maybe this can all come to a stop!

    "Always remember your special and unique!"

  19. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix81 View Post
    I really don't. But was at my buddies and his lady was smoking so it kinda came to me...
    A better question is why don't you? Hah.

    Anyways, I'm glad to see Geohot and his lawyers finally gain some ground. Hopefully this will help them win the case, not just for him, but for all jailbreakers out there. In the meantime, I'm still continuing my full-on, albeit meaningless, boycott of Sony. It's a shame they had to go full on apeshit because I was just starting to enjoy my jailbroken PS3. Looks like no PS4 for me.

  20. #37
    iPhone? More like MyPhone Kil0111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

    Good...Let's put that donated money to use

    Removed for being inappropriate. This is your sixth and final warning -

  21. #38
    Modding and customizing make products better in the long run, it opens windows others may have over looked. It brings new ideas, and expands the use of products. Sony just has something stuck up their *** because Geo, out smarted them.
    Go Geo!
    Last edited by Nickaroni22; 03-30-2011 at 12:28 AM.

  22. #39
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,151
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 88 Times in 72 Posts

    Geohotz needs a better lawyer... Too bad Johnny Cochran past away or else he would counter-suit Sony for wasting Geohotz's time.

  23. #40
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ohthatguyagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    289
    Thanks
    46
    Thanked 14 Times in 9 Posts

    Go George go! We're with you!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •