+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Set for June 6th

is a discussion within the

Mac News

forums, a part of the

General Apple/Mac

section;
    MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,479 Times in 565 Posts

Default Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference Set for June 6th

On Monday morning, Apple announced that it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) June 6 through June 10th. As widely expected, the event will return to San Francisco’s Moscone West, where Apple has a storied history of unveiling new products and software that leave the tech world buzzing.

Apple says this year's conference will once again herald what the future of computing technology holds, including exciting demonstrations of the "new kinds of apps that developers can build using Apple’s advanced frameworks and more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers."

“At this year’s conference we are going to unveil the future of iOS and Mac OS,” said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing, in a press release issued Monday. “If you are an iOS or Mac OS X software developer, this is the event that you do not want to miss.”

Activities at Apple’s WWDC 2011 include:
    • more than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of technology-specific topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and Mac OS technologies;
    • over 1,000 Apple engineers providing developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques, and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and Mac OS technologies in their apps;
    • the opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iPad, iPhone and Mac developers from around the world; and
    • Apple Design Awards which recognize iPad, iPhone and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design.
    For more info on the conference and what's planned, check out developer.apple.com/wwdc.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

A preview of iOS in June for a July Release perhaps, there goes the rumor of a fall release...
    It's about time iOS didn't require the need for a computer for activation too.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    oh well..no more July release iPhone this year

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ifabian View Post
    Why not? They could show iOS 5 at the start of June and release iOS 5 and iPhone 5 in July

Livin the iPhone Life steve-z17's Avatar
    Thanks

Sweet I wish Apple would do live streams of their announcements, that would be awesome.

iPhone? More like MyPhone andygev35's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    It's about time iOS didn't require the need for a computer for activation too.
    I couldn't agree more

iPhone? More like MyPhone ForumSnoBorderRK's Avatar
    Thanks

Are you serious? This pretty much confirms an iPhone this summer. Every year apple will keep it's routine schedule. All bloggers and analysts should stop over analyzing and understand apple almost always tends to their refresh schedules. For example, no; you will never see 2 iPads in one year like techcrunch's absurd article yesterday.
    Last edited by ForumSnoBorderRK; 03-28-2011 at 08:26 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ForumSnoBorderRK For This Useful Post:

mhtruth (03-28-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Btw, the iPhone 3G has been the only iPhone launch in July, all the others have launched in June.
    Apart from the original iPhone, all have been announced at WWDC and released within days or a few weeks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to feidhlim1986 For This Useful Post:

Poseidon79 (03-28-2011)

Green Apple
    Thanks

are you kidding me? last years wwdc was the same week. last year wwdc started on june 7 this year june 6 this most definitely means the release of the iPhone 5 and ios 5 later that month

Thanks
    Thanked 5,328 Times in 3,113 Posts

Beta iOSs are usually released in April

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    Beta iOSs are usually released in April
    And that's when you start raking in the dough from people who just can't wait to get their hands on the latest release!

Twitter: @tshoults

Livin the iPhone Life Poseidon79's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by moon#pie View Post
    And that's when you start raking in the dough from people who just can't wait to get their hands on the latest release!
    ZOMG!!! Can you put my UUID on your dev account?! I NEED THE BETA NOOOOOOW! haha

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Hopefully we all won't have to "get off" this year!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Even with Apple still producing and selling 3GS's, and probably will continue to sell them up until the release of iPhone 5/iOS 5, I still think iOS 5 won't be released for the 3GS which would be pretty crappy.
    It'd be like buying the plastic macbook today and not being able to run Lion on it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

iPhone 5 cannot wait... iOS 5 better have good cloud based stuff... I dont want it so that only my music purchased through iTunes can be in the clouds... but most likely that will be it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by feidhlim1986 View Post
    Even with Apple still producing and selling 3GS's, and probably will continue to sell them up until the release of iPhone 5/iOS 5, I still think iOS 5 won't be released for the 3GS which would be pretty crappy.
    It'd be like buying the plastic macbook today and not being able to run Lion on it.
    Apple is no longer making any 3gs's. Those are really all refurbished. Ask them.

Anyhow, not being able to run lion on a plastic macbook is not like not being able to run iOS 5 on a 3gs. The 3gs is soon to be 2 years old. That is ancient for cell phones these days.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

A lot of you are mixing up WWDC, which is where they show he new iOS, and the actual events where thy reveal the next iPhone. They are not the same.

Also, iPhone 5 may well be released much later this year with the budget iPhone to be released this summer. If they release the rumored cloud-based "cheap iPhone" with minimal storage this summer, it would buy Verizon more time to sell their new iPhone 4.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post
    A lot of you are mixing up WWDC, which is where they show he new iOS, and the actual events where thy reveal the next iPhone. They are not the same.

Also, iPhone 5 may well be released much later this year with the budget iPhone to be released this summer. If they release the rumored cloud-based "cheap iPhone" with minimal storage this summer, it would buy Verizon more time to sell their new iPhone 4.
    It's called last gen's iPhone discounted. WWDC is where they have introduced the new iPhones for the past couple years, BTW.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to moon#pie For This Useful Post:

carlbgc (03-28-2011)

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Introducing the all new iPhone 5 with a boat load of brand new features including:

-- smaller 3" screen for increased portability

-- original UI with an all new plainer tan background instead of the less boring grey with white stripes

-- all new processor clocked at 805 mhz vs the original 800 mhz for increased speed that you will never notice while maintaining battery life.

-- stronger front and back glass panels that are now shatter resistant from a height of 12 inches.

-- free 10 day NetFlix trial

-- free Apple bumper with any purchase of 3 or more.

. The iPhone 5. "This changes everything. But only a little."

My iPhone is a Part of Me TheDirtyDiddler's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CZroe View Post

Apple doesn't release special "budget" products. I don't know where people get these insane ideas. The iPhone 4 will drop dramatically in price. That's the budget iPhone for 2011.