Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Rumor: iOS 5 Set for Fall 2011 Release

MMi Staff Writer Michael Essany's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,480 Times in 566 Posts

Default Rumor: iOS 5 Set for Fall 2011 Release

The rumor mill has cranked out a big one this weekend. If sources close to Apple are indeed knowledgeable about the company's plans for the next major iOS update, iDevice users may be left waiting longer than they had initially anticipated for the newest mobile operating system refresh.

Individuals speaking on a basis of anonymity with Tech Crunch say that iOS 5 will be released in fall 2011, not summer. The extra time will be needed to polish a significant slate of new features that will make iOS 5 a must-have mobile operating system. Coming with iOS 5, say the sources, will be cloud-based features for online storage of music, photos and video.

Apple, of course, has a long history of springtime iOS revamps that foreshadow the summertime launch of a new iPhone. All signs, however, still point to a June WWDC iPhone 5 release, likely with a colorful preview of the soon-to-launch iOS 5. It just so happens that this time around, the iOS revamp is so robust that Apple and company will need the extra time to prepare the refresh and spring is far too early.

The Tech Crunch report also raises the prospect of iOS 5 possibly arriving in conjunction with the iPad 3, although no concrete evidence that we've seen suggests that Apple would actually roll out another new tablet this year. With Apple's promotional machine continuing to push the iPad 2 as the tablet everyone will be talking about throughout 2011, it seems a logical bet that the iPad 3 will be reserved for next year, when it can effectively be pushed as 2012's most talked about tablet.

Source: Tech Crunch

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Michael Essany For This Useful Post:

BadJ3d1 (03-27-2011), CaryDude (03-28-2011), flacopr (03-27-2011), turkey26 (03-27-2011)

Another iPhone I'll want to buy (sigh)

Maybe the iPhone 4 unlock will be released by then.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manbearpig For This Useful Post:

Infamous_clown (03-27-2011), javiert30 (03-27-2011)

I'm going to laugh so hard when the new phone isn't called iPhone 5.

how about they stop pushing updates to slow down jailbreaking and worry more about ios5 for the next iphone if they do break pattern not to many people will buy a iphone 5 or whatever its called with ios4 software i know i wont

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig View Post
    Maybe the iPhone 4 unlock will be released by then.
    Technically, it already is. Just not the software unlock. But I'm with you on this one. The Gevey SIM seems a little jank to me...
    Tyler West
    Apple Genius Bar
    Chicago, IL

it just better kick ***!!!

I am excited if it is all cloud base storage.
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

Quote Originally Posted by PotterFan View Post
    Technically, it already is. Just not the software unlock. But I'm with you on this one. The Gevey SIM seems a little jank to me...
    What are you talking about? Older basebands on iPhone 4 have been software unlocked. Or did you forget?

There is no way apple would release another iPad in the same year. Apple is too smart for that

My iPhone is a Part of Me delusion950's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Westerman View Post
    I am excited if it is all cloud base storage.
    Me too. Can't wait

technically it would be the oldest baseband not basebands. only 1.59.00 was unlocked
    Last edited by DevouredDreams; 03-27-2011 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by delusion950 View Post
    Me too. Can't wait
    Yeah no more worrying about memory unless you have 32 gbs of apps lol
    Follow me @LoganWesterman

Need Your iPhone Unlock Click HERE or Here
    Needs Your iPhone Fixed Pm Me!
    Have a question about Jailbreaking Pm Simon, Annie, Or just about any other member on here

I wish they would make a 64gb iPhone
    Quote Originally Posted by ikesmasher View Post
    that was officially the scariest thing you have ever said str4y.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancho paco View Post
    Dude T.M.I

I don't want to buy the lock iPhone in US....
    if iPhone 5 release....I 'll buy on my next vacation....in Asia...

Quote Originally Posted by DevouredDreams View Post
    technically it would be the oldest baseband not basebands. only 1.59.00 was unlocked. or did you forget?
    Yup. And there's nobody still on 1.59.00. It's taken a ridiculous amount of time for this unlock. And I don't want to pay $70 for a gevey sim

Gevey sim is illegal in the us too
    Dude T.M.I

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Default no more apple for me
    I've had an iPhone over three years starting with the 2g now with a 4. It was a hard decision whether to go Android last purchase. The iPhone's been innovative and cool, but I've been waiting for other people to get on the stick. I look forward to being done with Apple and Mr. Jobs. I keep up with iPhone news because I have one, OS info, and jailbreak info, but I'm tired of all that.

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdivitt View Post
    I've had an iPhone over three years starting with the 2g now with a 4. It was a hard decision whether to go Android last purchase. The iPhone's been innovative and cool, but I've been waiting for other people to get on the stick. I look forward to being done with Apple and Mr. Jobs. I keep up with iPhone news because I have one, OS info, and jailbreak info, but I'm tired of all that.
    well switch to android, but youll be back. android isnt all its cut up to be. lol

I've got my rooted vibrant lol
    Dude T.M.I

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast